DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:59 pm 
Limited Edition

Man, that coverart is classy. I usually don't like it when the company tries to squeeze every main character onto the cover, but Disney pulled this one off very well, I must admit. Despite the fond memories that I have for the series, it looks like it'll be up to the UD review once again to help me decide if I'm buying or not. There's just too much on my "to-buy" list at the moment for me to be spending my money solely based on non-reliable memories.

You'd think Disney would release their old Care Bears show along with this just to milk the whole "bear" thing. That show rocked.

Wait.... was Care Bears Disney? It aired on the Disney channel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:24 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Pasta67 wrote:
You'd think Disney would release their old Care Bears show along with this just to milk the whole "bear" thing. That show rocked.

Wait.... was Care Bears Disney? It aired on the Disney channel.

Wikipedia wrote:
In 1985, the Bears and Cousins starred in their first movie, produced by Nelvana Limited and released by The Samuel Goldwyn Company. It became the highest-grossing animated film made outside the Disney market at the time of its release. Later that autumn, a television series from DiC Entertainment based on the characters was produced, and ran for 22 episodes in syndication.

In regards to the cover, it's okay. Kinda bland imo. But at least it didn't make my eyes burn like the DuckTales and Rescue Rangers (both Vol. 2) covers. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:42 pm 
Terminated

Doesn't Olivia kinda remind you of the little girl from Gummi Bears?
I know she is a mouse lol but they do kinda look a like. :)

What do you guys think? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:04 am 
Special Edition

BATBFan1 wrote:

Doesn't Olivia kinda remind you of the little girl from Gummi Bears?
I know she is a mouse lol but they do kinda look a like. :)

What do you guys think? 8)

They do look a little similar.

I used to love this show! I think the cover art looks great! And it will have 47 episodes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:35 am 
Collector's Edition

SofaKing381222 wrote:
Quote:
Coverart for Gummi Bears:

Nice. But um....it's blocked and all we see is a warning sign. Maybe this works:

is it just me or is everyone off model

i do think the titles thing looks pretty cool though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:53 am 
Limited Edition

Timon/Pumbaa fan wrote:
Wikipedia wrote:
In 1985, the Bears and Cousins starred in their first movie, produced by Nelvana Limited and released by The Samuel Goldwyn Company. It became the highest-grossing animated film made outside the Disney market at the time of its release. Later that autumn, a television series from DiC Entertainment based on the characters was produced, and ran for 22 episodes in syndication.

Ah, right-o. Man, I could've sworn it was produced by Disney. Oh well, thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:30 am 

I can't believe this is finally coming out.
I was around 7 years old when this series started on television. I remember the first episode being attached to a re-release of what I think was The Jungle Book at the cinema.
I had an annual; a cubbi gummi soft toy; action figures (that didn't move an awful lot!). They even had haribo sweets I was allowed to get when i went shopping with my mother on a monday if it was holidays.

I used to combine blackcurrant with orange to make what i believed to be gummi berry juice and put it in orangina bottles. me and my friends believed it worked and we had extra strength. lol

I've enjoyed many of this era of Disney animated shows - including Ducktales, Wuzzles, Rescue Rangers.

But the Gummi Bears is THE GREATEST animated series ever made and very much a major part of my childhood.

Thank you Disney for finally releasing it and so many episodes in the first volume. Just terrific

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:17 am 
Terminated

wildphantom wrote:
I can't believe this is finally coming out.
I was around 7 years old when this series started on television. I remember the first episode being attached to a re-release of what I think was The Jungle Book at the cinema.
I had an annual; a cubbi gummi soft toy; action figures (that didn't move an awful lot!). They even had haribo sweets I was allowed to get when i went shopping with my mother on a monday if it was holidays.

I used to combine blackcurrant with orange to make what i believed to be gummi berry juice and put it in orangina bottles. me and my friends believed it worked and we had extra strength. lol

I've enjoyed many of this era of Disney animated shows - including Ducktales, Wuzzles, Rescue Rangers.

But the Gummi Bears is THE GREATEST animated series ever made and very much a major part of my childhood.

Thank you Disney for finally releasing it and so many episodes in the first volume. Just terrific

AMEN, TO THAT! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:03 am 
Special Edition

Whoever designed the menus for the Gummi Bears should be shot and left to die a slow, painfull death - the appropriate punishment for using Comic Sans MS outside a speech bubble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:59 am 
Special Edition

[spits soda all over monitor] A complete three-season set for only $35?

[rant]

Why in the bloody blue blazes didn't Disney do this for Gargoyles? Or Darkwing Duck? Or Rescue Rangers? Or DuckTales? For crying out, they're charging that same price for just 12 episodes of The Tick?

What the frak?!? What makes Gummi Bears so friggin special that it gets that kind of package and price? Why can't BVHV be more consistent? It's so frustrating it just makes me want to rip my hair out.

[/end rant]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:40 pm 
Gold Collection

Voiceroy wrote:
[spits soda all over monitor] A complete three-season set for only $35?

[rant]

Why in the bloody blue blazes didn't Disney do this for Gargoyles? Or Darkwing Duck? Or Rescue Rangers? Or DuckTales? For crying out, they're charging that same price for just 12 episodes of The Tick?

What the frak?!? What makes Gummi Bears so friggin special that it gets that kind of package and price? Why can't BVHV be more consistent? It's so frustrating it just makes me want to rip my hair out.

[/end rant]

Each Gummi Bears episode only lasts about 11 minutes, that's why they can put more episodes in 3 discs. But in the end, the running time of the Gummi Bears DVD set will be the same as the DuckTales, Darkwing Duck, etc DVD sets - about 620 minutes, IIRC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:48 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Reading through this thread again I suddenly remembered that Lorenzo Music did Tummi's voice!

*dances a happy dance*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:20 pm 
Gold Collection

Kram Nebuer wrote:
I was googling some Gummi Bears art and came across the awesome fan art page!

http://gummibears.freeweb-hosting.com/art_fiction.html

These are my favorites! hehehehe :)

ImageImage

Thanks glad you like my site and my art. I am SOOOOOOOO ready for these DVD's. But yeah the cover and the menus need some work. But hey beggars can't be choosers :) I am just glad the Gummi Bears are getting some attention FINALLY!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:02 am 
Collector's Edition

heres what the menus are gonna look like

dont they look great

they just used scenes from the opening song

this is what they shoulda done with the cover art lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:40 pm 
Special Edition

They're getting better with their season sets.

Though it still makes me wonder why they produced Goof Troop the way they did. Quack Pack I can kind of understand though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:39 am 
Special Edition

I have to wonder if they are going to package the episodes on the disks as 11 minutes each or show them packaged together in two parts like what was originally intended. Like have each 11 minute show have its own opening and ending credits and stuff. I hope they are packaged together in the original 22 minute shows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:44 am 
Gold Collection

Marching along as their song fills the air?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

Bumping with the typically not too-descriptive fact sheet, which appears in Post #1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:51 am 
Gold Collection

Cover is not bad, but if I had it my way it would look something like this:

Sorry for the copyright marks, but I have had a problem with people taking images and fan art I have made and using them on DVD's and such on ebay. This one is for my personal collection of Gummi Bears DVD's that I have made. The poster image is from the Gummi Bears promotion at Wendy's back in 1985. I LOVE THIS PICTURE, plus it took me a while to scan it and get rid of all the fold marks. So, in the words of Kuzco "No Touchie!" :D

Welcome to DVD Gummi Bears! We missed you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:54 am 

I really hope this sells well. I really want to see the last 18 episodes of the series. I guess that's Season 4. I have absolutely no memory of that season. Until reacently I didn't even know that Gummie Bears was one of only a few Disney Series that actually had a "true ending". I really want to see it.

I am so happy that this is going to be coming out. I'm just going to go and buy it ^^, from my memories I LOVED the Gummie Bears.

Can't wait!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next