Adventures of THE GUMMI BEARS: Volume 1 DVD Fact Sheet

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

TheSequelofDisney wrote:I wonder what the bears taste like?
Could we drop the subject of eating/tasting my childhood memory TV Shows... Its really beginning to scar even more of my childhood memories...

On a side note I always wanted to know what the magical Gummi Juice that the Bears made taste like. Disney shoud come out with Gummi Juice and market them with the Gummi Bears on them. Perhaps it could be a theme park and/Disney Store Exclusive Beverage?? Anyone else like that idea... It could come in 3 flavoers.. Apple... Cherry and Tropical Gummi aka Tropical Punch
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Ting Ting
Anniversary Edition

Post by Ting Ting »

Gummi juice? No offense but that sounds disgusting.
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Re: ....................

Post by Lars Vermundsberget »

disneyboy20022 wrote:Disney shoud come out with Gummi Juice and market them with the Gummi Bears on them.
The consequences could turn out to be hard to deal with, though.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Ok I was wrapped up in the moment and still excited about Gummi Bears coming to DVD. And you know what I am STILL EXCITED!! :D I am also surprised that disney did this... Now if only they would come out with Season 2 volume 2 of Gargoyles.......
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
corrwill
Gold Classic Collection

Post by corrwill »

Today is now complete HOW EXCITING!!!!! I will be getting this one. No doubts. GO DISNEY I AM LOVIN IT!
Edge
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Edge »

Surprised they didn't spread the release out a little more. Just seems like between Ducktales, RR, Talespin, DD and GB that it's a lot of shows in a short period of time.

Though it only makes the Goof Troop Release a bit more perplexing. I can understand Quack Pack, but you'd think Goof Troop would be up there with the others.
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

I've never seen Gummi Bears. :o

I don't know if I should blind-buy, but I might because I like the majority of the Disney Afternoon shows and think they should all be released on DVD.

DuckTales Vol. 2, Darkwing Duck and Tail Spin are the ones I'm currently most excited for. :D Hopefully, The Timon and Pumbaa show and Goof Troop(season sets) will come in the not so distant future.

Though, I have yet to pick up Chip N' Dale: Rescue Rangers. :lol:
crunkcourt
Gold Classic Collection

Post by crunkcourt »

If you like those shows, I think you should totally blind buy. The Gummi Bears from what I can remember is an amazing show. Just the other day me and a couple of interns started singing the gummi bears theme song randomally and it was amazing.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Ditto. T/Pfan, I know you don't normally like a lot of what I like, but if you like the other Disney Afternoon stuff, I think you'll love Gummi Bears... it's certainly one of (and maybe <i>the</i>) best.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Justin, Gummi Bears was great I don't remember it that much at the time I hardly watch Saturday morning cartoons.
Anyways I heard rumors that Gummi Bears was a supposed spin-off from The Black Cauldron which was a false rumor.

Anyways can't wait to see the artwork.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
corrwill
Gold Classic Collection

Post by corrwill »

As far as the episodes included...Disney has been releasing 27 episode box sets so if this is true, the Gummies will be well off into season 3 in this box set. Meaning all you Gusto lovers will be happy with some of the episodes. Can't wait for the Cover Art!
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

MickeyMousePal wrote:Anyways I heard rumors that Gummi Bears was a supposed spin-off from The Black Cauldron which was a false rumor.
I think people thought that because it does look a lot like the Black Cauldron with more cuddly creatures. It's the same time period and the young boy character, Gavin, and the princess remind me a lot of Taran and Eilonwy. I also thought they took some inspiration from "The Sword in the Stone" since the captain of the knights (the guy with red hair and mustache) looks a lot like Sir Ector.
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Edge
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Edge »

It's been years since I've seen the show, how did it end exactly. I seem to remember more human's finding out about the gummies late in the show.

Anyways, always like their home. Who wouldn't want to live in a tree and have their living room sit under a lake with only a piece of glass seperating them from an insurance disaster of biblical proportions.
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Post by Lars Vermundsberget »

When I discovered The Black Cauldron a while later I remember that I played with the thought that The Gummi Bears could have taken some inspiration from TBC. Although those bears don't appear in TBC, the settings seem somewhat similar.
anger is pointless
Special Edition

Post by anger is pointless »

i cant wait to see the cover art for this set (is very impatient)
GO WIDE SCREEN AND SEE THE WHOLE MOVIE THE WAY IT WAS INTENDED
corrwill
Gold Classic Collection

Post by corrwill »

COVER ART COVER ART PLEEEEEEEEEEASE!
anger is pointless
Special Edition

Post by anger is pointless »

looks like corrwill is impatient too lol

i dont think its out yet corrwill
GO WIDE SCREEN AND SEE THE WHOLE MOVIE THE WAY IT WAS INTENDED
JEANYLASER
Gold Classic Collection

gummi bears is coming

Post by JEANYLASER »

i can't wait the gummi bears and also the second volume of the chip and dale's Rescue Rangers.:edna:
JEANY SANCHEZ
bennyb98
Gold Classic Collection

Post by bennyb98 »

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
**Happy Dance**

ugh... Reality setting in, 3 DVD sets at $29.99 a piece on one day... there goes my DVD budget...
landofdisney
Limited Issue

Post by landofdisney »

oooh happy days! thats the best news ive heard for a long long time!!! shame it wont be released in australia, but this is def worth picking up R1!!!
Last edited by landofdisney on Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
<a href="http://landofdisney.blogspot.com">The Land Of Disney</a>