Disney Loses Its Appetite for Happy Meal Tie-Ins

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Timon/Pumbaa fan wrote:In fact, I think you made some good points and agree with some. I just don't like my threads get turned into heated arguements.
Fair enough. I also don't think anyone here has a problem with overweight people, I just want everyone to know that society is unforgiving enough of them as a sort of tangible, unseen force without supporting it by jumping to all sorts of absurd conclusions just because people on the whole are still not eating healthier. It's a lot of damn hard work, it's unpleasent, and no one wants to be doing it. And thin people are still far lazier than fat people, especially when they pick on fat people not knowing that they only get away with it because they're found more attractive in public. I still count my blessings everyday that I grew out of my fat and everytime I find I've gained a few pounds more than I'd like, I bust my ass to lose them because I don't ever want to go back to the way I was treated in 5th and 6th grade! People can be real bastards, so it's never a bad thing to be more thoughtful - which I'm sure most people here realize. It's just I was shocked to see it was like no one here knew any overweight people...
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
DisneyPrincess
Gold Classic Collection

Happy Meal Lineup for Cars and Pirates of the Caribbean

Post by DisneyPrincess »

The article has been posted that Disney is ending its relationship with McDonald's, however Cars and Pirates of the Caribbean will still have toys in Happy Meals this summer. Here is the schedule.:

From HappyMeal.com

<b>Schedule for Disney Happy Meal Toys:</b>
<b>Cars June 9, 2006 - July 6, 2006</b>
McDonald’s Happy Meals and Mighty Kids Meals are revving-up their engines and racing toward the checkered flag with Cars, the highly anticipated animated adventure from Disney and Pixar, in theatres June 9. This high-speed Happy Meal collection features new design technology with eight highly detailed cars that capture the personality of the film’s colorful characters.

<b>Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean (Theme Park): July 7, 2006 - August 3, 2006</b>
Shiver me timbers! McDonald’s is sailing the seven seas with a Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean attraction themed Happy Meal event that’s sure to be ‘treasured.’ From telescopes to treasure chests, this adventurous collection features eight action-filled toys for perfect pirate make-believe – and no need to walk the plank. To celebrate this adventurous Happy Meal event, McDonald's is launching its Search for the Golden Treasure Happy Meal Game, offering 25 lucky mates the chance to win a trip for four to experience new pirates and more adventure on the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction at the Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida or Disneyland® Resort in California. Complete details and official contest rules are available inside participating McDonald’s restaurants.
Last edited by DisneyPrincess on Sun May 28, 2006 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Re: Disney Loses Appetite for Happy Meals but Cars & Pir

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

DisneyPrincess wrote: I didn't see it posted anywhere and I searched!
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... =mcdonalds
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Disney Loses Its Appetite for Happy Meal Tie-Ins

Post by Sotiris »

Subway is not going to be happy about this.

Disney toys return to McDonald's Happy Meals
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mcdo ... SKCN1GB32V
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

McDonald’s food is still complete garbage. Disney needs to be shamed into exiting this deal.

Here in the Netherlands there are new laws that prohibit companies of fast food to market to children. I hope this applies to McDonald’s as well. And considering how the obesity epidemic in the US rages on they’d be wise to implement similar laws.

I’m genuinely disturbed. This is so regressive!! Wake up Disney!
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sotiris wrote:Subway is not going to be happy about this.

Disney toys return to McDonald's Happy Meals
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mcdo ... SKCN1GB32V
Screw them! :P

Pardon my juvenile comment, I couldn't resist. But of course I mean it.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

According to the press release, the deal is non-exclusive which means Subway may keep their Disney-branded tote bags after all.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I loved the McDonalds toys Disney used to make. I'm glad they're back even if I have little interest in most of Disney's new movies.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:I loved the McDonalds toys Disney used to make. I'm glad they're back.
Me too. It's mostly due to my childhood nostalgia towards them, but the McDonalds campaign was almost something that was synonymous with Disney and therefore has been missing.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

PatrickvD wrote:McDonald’s food is still complete garbage. Disney needs to be shamed into exiting this deal.

Here in the Netherlands there are new laws that prohibit companies of fast food to market to children. I hope this applies to McDonald’s as well. And considering how the obesity epidemic in the US rages on they’d be wise to implement similar laws.

I’m genuinely disturbed. This is so regressive!! Wake up Disney!
I really don't see the issue about marketing to kids. Ultimately its up to the parents to say no to their kids. Not to mention McDonalds has done a lot over the past decade or two to offer healthier options. I hear they are even getting rid of the cheese burger? (which sounds ridiculous to me)

I'm all for healthier options, but you gotta draw the line somewhere, its a fast food restaurant, the onus is not on them to keep America (or anywhere else) from being fat.

Not that I even have much stake in this, I can't remember the last time I've eaten at a McDonalds.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I hope they don't focus too much on the new movies the way that Disney Infinity was only about the latest properties. What I liked about McDonalds' past deal with Disney was that they promoted the new films, but also regularly went back to the old ones as well.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Coca-Cola, Disney Strike ‘Star Wars’ Partnership
https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/coca- ... 203188847/
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

I wonder if The Lion king and Maleficent: Mistress of Evil will have Mcdonalds Promotional tie ins.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Has anyone seen the WDW 50th anniversary toys McDonalds has been selling?

https://news.yahoo.com/mcdonalds-disney ... sXOnmNmMTi

I love these! They remind me of the mini-statues they had for Walt's 100th birthday back in 2001. I've been able to get two so far- Sebastian and Tinker Bell- but I'm noticing that a lot of McDonalds are getting some of the Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railroad toys from last year- or really just one, the Tower of Terror toy. I've received three of those so far. I kept one, since I also tried to collect those, and I've traded another. Hoping to trade the last one tomorrow.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Do they come off of the base? I think it's an interesting choice of characters.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

most likely not, they would be choking hazards if they did.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I remember the McDonald's toys back when I was a kid, good times, and I always wondered why McDonald's stopped selling Disney toys, now I know.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Do they come off of the base? I think it's an interesting choice of characters.
They do. The toys come separate from the bases.

Got another one today- Rocket Raccoon. It's interesting how each of these come with different bases which represents the parks you can maybe see these characters at. Tink's is with Magic Kingdom for instance- which makes sense, as she's often a part of the parades and firework shows there. Rocket comes with Epcot, likely because that's where the Guardians ride is going. The surprising one is that Sebastian is with Hollywood, as there's speculation that Voyage of the Little Mermaid isn't returning. MK would make more sense, as that's where Ariel's Undersea Adventure is.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I think the promotion is ending soon for Eternals toys, and thus far I have 29 out of 50 figures:

-Goofyduck
-Daisy
-Dumbo
-Thumper
-Bambi
-Jaq
-Mad Hatter
-Cheshire Cat
-Tinker Bell
-Lady
-Piglet
-R2D2
-Sebastian
-Lumiere
-Cogsworth
-Genie
-Simba
-Timon
-Woody
-Stitch
-Frozone
-Nemo
-Dory
-Rocket Raccoon
-BB-8
-Hei Hei
-Miguel
-Dante
-Joe Gardner

I haven't eaten that much McDonalds. :P You're able to just buy the toys yourself, and I'll often just go to one and buy one or two, and maybe a water bottle or Diet Coke to go with them. I've gotten a lot of these from trading the duplicates I get, as well as the other toys I get from past campaigns. I think that tomorrow after work, I'll do one last run and see if I can get a few more toys, and will try to trade the rest online or something from here.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I think this is a great idea!

Turn Disney’s 50th Anniversary Happy Meal Toys Into Ornaments
https://insidethemagic.net/2021/11/disn ... ments-js1/