The Christmas Toy

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Spottedfeather
Gold Classic Collection

The Christmas Toy

Post by Spottedfeather »

Anybody know if there is any hope of getting The Christmas Toy on dvd ? I had a copy that I taped off tv when I was a kid, but with hundreds of tapes in boxes in the basement (did a fair bit of cleaning), I doubt I could ever find it. This was always one of my favourtie specials when I was little and I'd loved to get a dvd copy. And hopefully, it wouldn't be editied like the Muppet Family Christmas was. I don't think that there are any music issues as there were with the MFC.
Think about this. Once bread becomes toast, you can't make it back into bread.
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

I dont think Disney has the rights to it.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7000000083724

See if you can dig that up (and go multi-region). Also the Muppet Family Christmas isn't as edited as the R1 version (but the Snowman sequence is still missing).
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Spottedfeather
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Spottedfeather »

I've read that the rights toThe Christmas Toy and the spin off series belong to HIT! Entertainment. I also read that someone sent emails to the company asking about The Christmas Toy and the series and was told to expect some good things sometime this year. I was wondering if anyone here has heard anything.
Think about this. Once bread becomes toast, you can't make it back into bread.
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

2099net wrote:http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7000000083724

See if you can dig that up (and go multi-region). Also the Muppet Family Christmas isn't as edited as the R1 version (but the Snowman sequence is still missing).
Which Snowman sequence?
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

FrankV wrote:
2099net wrote:http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7000000083724

Which Snowman sequence?
<strike>Well, I don't know, because it's missing. :) But apparently, Fozzie does a song and dance rountine with the Snowman he makes. This is cut on both the US and UK (and French) releases. The song must be unclearable.</strike>

Actually, I lied. That is in. In fact in runs for 47 odd mins (with PAL speed-up that makes it about 50 mins). Odd, when IMDB says

Runtime: 42 min
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Taleeya

Post by Taleeya »

I love THE CHRISTMAS TOY too. But I'm pretty sure if it is release on DVD, it will be done EMMET OTTERS JUG BAND CHRISTMAS style, with the Kermit begining (him in a santa suit on the roof) edited out because of Disney, *sigh*
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Just a bump to say, despite the fact that this DVD is supposedly OOP and a bugger to find, I walked into my local Music Zone today and they literally had more than 100 copies. Only £5.97! So if any UKers want to grab a copy, i'd get to your local Music Zone and do it now!
Last edited by ichabod on Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

ichabod wrote:Just a bump to say, despite the fact that this DVD is supposedly OOP and a bugger to find, I walked into my local Music Zone today and they literally had more than 100 copies. Only £3.97! So if any UKers want to grab a copy, i'd got to your local Music Zone and do it now!
Are you talking about "A Muppet Family Christmas" (the blue cover)?

If so, any chance of picking up an extra copy for me... especially if it's only £3.97, I'll gladly send you extra on top of the costs and postage to make it worth your while..?

Lmk.

Thanks!

~ Oliver.
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Yes that is the one I want and sure, I'd be glad to grab you a copy.

Although I need to make a correction. I bought this DVD along with others that were all in a bargain box marked £3.97 so I just assumed it was £3.97, but this morning I picked it up to check the edits and noticed It has a £5.97 label on it, I checked my receipt and it was defnitely £5.97. Still a great price though for a such a hard to find DVD.

Let me know if you where you want it sending so I can work out shipping options.

Does anyone else want me to grab a copy? After all this is OOP and the UK version IS unedited.

Although I can't understand why the R1 would be edited though the song Fozzie sings is "Sleigh Ride" and I wouldn't have thought that would have been a problematic song to clear.
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

Ichabod, I'm sending you a p.m. now - price is not a problem.. Thanks so much man!
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Just another note to say, I've skimmed through the DVD and I can also confirm the rest of the stuff from the R1 that is missing is on the UK DVD. The Muppet Babies Home Movie bit, the song when Piggy arrives and the bits that were cut from the end song are ALL THERE IN THE UK version.