When will Sleeping Beauty be Re-Released?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
davmaso

When will Sleeping Beauty be Re-Released?

Post by davmaso »

With Sleeping Beauty now oop, is this a 7 year re-release title or a 5 year like Fantasia. Can anyone confirm that Aladdin is due to be deleted, as I have noticed that Amazon UK have stated that the Trilogy is no longer available. I have also noticed on Play.com that Cinderella & Cinderella 2 Box set is already sold out, surely this has not been deleted already, it hasn't been out that long, can anyone confirm this please.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Aladdin was actually deleted in September, yet is still available on a number of off and online stores, including Blah DVD, where it's at £8.99. Sleeping Beauty will probably return in February/March 2010, according to Disney's UK site. As for the Cinderella/Cinderella 2 boxset, if it is out of print, it's expected, as these box sets quickly exit the market after they come out whilst the seperate items remain available, probably due to business reasons (wanting more money by people buying two products).
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Well Wondy's answered all your questions and I'll just confirm that he's right.

One thing I do want to mention is where have you got it from that Fantasia is ona 5 year release cycle? Fantasia is not scheduled for release until 2011.
davmaso

Post by davmaso »

I was informed by a friend who used to work for Buena Vista UK, that Fantasia was scheduled for re-release after 5 years, as it is not categorised in the same range as the other classics like Snow White etc, she informed me that it comes in the same class as Sleeping Beauty, which are 5 year re-releases. Though she may be wrong of course, as she left the company in the summer.