The Legacy Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
rb_canadian181
Gold Classic Collection

Re: The Legacy Collection

Post by rb_canadian181 »

There's always the feedback form people can fill out :wink: I have put a request in for a Legacy Collection release of Aladdin a few times! Here's hoping :)

I feel like the sudden revival of The Legacy Collection for the release of Hunchback was because of enthusiasm from fans. So many time on social media posts by Disney Music Emporium about their exisiting Legacy titles, people comment and show their support for this line.

https://www.disneymusicemporium.com/page/feedback
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Thank you :)

I sent them a request for:
Bambi
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan
Aladdin

Though personally I doubt there'll be any new release so soon. I remember that I thought that the were continuing the collection when Beauty and the Beast was released, but then nothing came out, and I think this is a similar situation.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Great, thanks for providing the link. I have sent them a message regarding Snow White and Aladdin.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Bambi is my favorite Disney soundtrack so I would love that one!
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

This news was posted over at Disneymania while the forum was down, but I thought I'd put it here. Aladdin is the next film in the Legacy Collection album series. In the press release, it was described as "exclusive" and being revealed at D23. A lot of people think this means it could be exclusive to the D23 event. I hope not, but hopefully at least there will be a digital version released everywhere else?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I tried asking them about Aladdin and this was the useless message I received:
We appreciate that you've taken the time to contact us. I am sorry, but we are not given anticipated restock dates for items, nor are we provided with advance notice of what may become available in the store. We do not have any information regarding items carried or offered by other retailers.

Be sure to check the website regularly to see if specific items become available at a later date. We also recommend subscribing to the newsletter for the latest on new products, back-in-stock notifications, and promotions.

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

It's great that Aladdin is finally getting the Legacy treatment. Let's hope Disney doesn't screw it up like they did with Hunchback.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Hey,

Sorry if Im late to the party but... Sotiris, what did they screw up with the Hunchback Legacy album? I really don't know...
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

As Long as There's a Moon, the Eternal's cover of Someday, and the Heaven's Light reprise were omitted, the track And He Shall Smite the Wicked was incomplete, they included the soundtrack version of Topsy Turvy instead of the film version, and two tracks were mislabeled.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

(I was tempted to write this all in caps but I won't for the sake of your eyes) I can't believe there will be another one AND it's Aladdin. Now we only need Hercules, Home on the Range and Tangled rotfl
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Well, hopefully we at least get Hercules of those three, if nothing else (although I wouldn't say no to just about any WDAS film except for a few from Lasseter's time there).

I wouldn't say the release for Hunchback was screwed up, just it wasn't a "perfect" release that could've been. They all are lacking something or other. For example, I remember being disappointed at all the deleted content they could've included on the TLM release ("Silence Is Golden," the alternate POYW lyrics, alternate Fathoms Below lyrics, alternate POYW (Reprise) lyrics, alternate PUS lyrics, etc.), how there was an error in "Happy Ending," how they could've separated some of the cues for more clarity (such as separating "Intro Ursula" from the Scuttle score just before), or that they could've finally given us a "complete" recording of "PUS" as it is in the film with the full dialogue attached in the middle, for example. To me, they're still giving us much more content than we had before and I hope they continue, even if it's only at a pace of one a year. <3
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Ooooh... thanks everyone for the clarifications!
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Well, now that we`re talking about potential future releases, if there`s one soundtrack that I would`ve liked to have from the Legacy Collection this year, it would`ve been The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. After all, it has it`s 45th Anniversary this year and therefore deserved to be released.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Great news that Aladdin is next. I hope Snow White gets the treatment as well.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

It makes me hopeful that they are announcing it like that so it might be available to purchase on their site.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Yes, I think this confirms it.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Awesome!!!! The artwork is beautiful so far.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Here's the cover. On the post where it was revealed, they say: "Be among the first to grant your wish to own Walt Disney Records: The Legacy Collection - Aladdin when you visit the DME Booth at D23 Expo next month." That seems to confirm it'll be available to attendees first and then to everyone else.
300941826_185370640621508_6757735679314520733_n.jpg
300941826_185370640621508_6757735679314520733_n.jpg (74.45 KiB) Viewed 930 times
Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/ChsRXnypd2K/
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

That cover looks really good.