[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
DVDizzy.com • View topic - Snow White (Live-Action)

DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:22 pm 
Ultimate Collector's Edition

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:37 pm 

I don't like the Cinderella dress because it's so poofy and wide, I just don't care for it. All else I can think to say is that for me there's a little too much going on for me both at the top and bottom of Lily James (from all the curls in her hair to the poofy arm straps, then the bottom half looking a bit flower-esque the way it floods outward so wide--it makes me think of the flowers dancing in Fantasia). That said, a lot of this has to do with expectation, too. I never liked Belle's gold dress (yellow and gold just aren't colors I'm drawn to--they're kind of my least favorite colors, tbh), and so some changes to it didn't really bother me--it still shines like gold in the film to me and I like the accent designs on her dress and the Beast's outfit. Probably the weakest part are the arm straps. Whereas Cinderella's silver ballgown from the animated film is my favorite dress along with Tiana's bayou wedding dress. Even if I had hated the live-action dress for Belle like so many here do, I still wouldn't have felt as strongly about it because the animated dress was never one of my highlights. *shrug* But I do like Belle's dress in the remake.... I know that's an UO on this site, although I'm not sure it's the general consensus of people who've seen the film.

Oh, and I was thinking I should point out which Jasmine outfit I was referring to, since she has two pink-ish ones. The one I love is the one with the gold and green accents alongside the pink all over, with the beautiful necklace and tiara. That one is so beautiful. The green outfits and purple one from "Speechless" are both fine, but that one was a standout for me. I don't really like most of Jasmine's outfits in the animated film--only her purple outfits do I love (and, cheating here, her wedding dress from the DTV sequel King of Thieves).

At least we can agree on the awful Ariel dress. I'm actually not crazy about most of animated Ariel's outfits... I mean, I love her mermaid look (red / purple / soft green), but that's really just her body and some seashells. :lol: The sea foam dress is pretty when it's sparkling. The wedding dress is probably my favorite, even with how dated it is. The blue dress I like best when she's on the boat talking to Eric just before the end of the third day because she doesn't have the huge bow there. The pink dress is okay. So I would've been okay with something completely new for Ariel, but what they came up with doesn't flatter Halle Bailey at all.

It's funny we don't really nitpick the men's outfits. I like both Madden's and Stevens' dancing outfits.

Listening to most often lately:
Kelly Clarkson ~ "Happier Than Ever" (cover recording)
The Chicks ~ "Gaslighter"
Cyndi Lauper ~ "All Through the Night"

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 1:18 am 

Yay we're friends!

Oh, huh. I thought you would like a poofy dress. I mean, Cinderella's animated silver one is really poofy. Not in all scenes, actually, thanks to some inconsistency based on the live-action reference dress which wasn't that poofy, but in the scene where she transforms, and also the scene where she looks in the fountain, the skirt is very wide and big. That's what the costume designer for the live-action wanted to keep, though yes, she made it even bigger.

I objectively think Belle's animated gold dress is Disney's best dress. It took me a while to think that, because Cinderella's was and always will be my favorite, but now I think Belle's wins. Though I flip-flop between hers and Cinderella's because it's so close.

I feel very confident in saying most people actually prefer Cinderella's live-action gown to Belle's live-action gown. YouTube has videos on why Belle's dress I bad, and I've seen a lot of Twitter and Instagram comments confirming what I have gathered people feel about the dresses. Just look up The Costume Vault's article "Burning Question: What's Wrong with Belle's Gown?"

I am pretty sure we were thinking of the same pink Jasmine dress. The one where she walks down the stairs, with Rajah behind her? I have the problems with it I already said.

I have always loved Ariel's outfits. I don't know what the live-action filmmakers are thinking!

Thank you for nicely discussing this subject with me, and explaining why you feel the way you do! I finally get you on this issue...at least better now!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 7:15 am 

Wait, Halle Bailey in Ariel's pink dress has been posted? Does anyone have a link? I have to get ready for work!! <3

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 11:06 am 

Listening to most often lately:
Kelly Clarkson ~ "Happier Than Ever" (cover recording)
The Chicks ~ "Gaslighter"
Cyndi Lauper ~ "All Through the Night"

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 2:10 pm 

Thank you!!!! I remember that now. I appreciate it; my memory is crap.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28