[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
DVDizzy.com • View topic - Snow White (Live-Action)

DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:25 pm 
Platinum Edition

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:03 pm 
Signature Collection

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:55 pm 
Ultimate Collector's Edition

I think it's less anger and more mockery that Disney can't even allow a character literally called Snow White to be White. It would be the same if a Latina actress was cast as Mulan or Tiana. They've since made themselves a complete laughingstock by eliminating the Dwarfs.

Also, her being the "fairest of them all" in-story and being White has nothing at all to do with one another. She isn't "fair" because she's White, what a moron. :roll:

Listening to most often lately:
Kelly Clarkson ~ "Happier Than Ever" (cover recording)
The Chicks ~ "Gaslighter"
Cyndi Lauper ~ "All Through the Night"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:06 am 

It actually sounded like Marc Webb was the moron who said that her being fair had to do with her skin color.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:28 am 
Anniversary Edition

I'm very excited to see Gal Gadot as the Evil Queen. I can't imagine her singing though. The classic Princess movie villains are the only ones I can't picture singing at all, it would be so out of character for them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:48 am 

I'm glad the Evil Queen is getting her own song. While Gadot is not the best singer, she can at least carry a tune. Hopefully, the end result will be decent enough. I'm concerned about her dancing though. I can't imagine the cold and stoic Evil Queen dancing. Something like that seems totally against her character.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:39 pm 
Anniversary Edition

I know, right? :lol: :lol: Next thing, they'll make a Black Cauldron remake, with the Horned King singing, dancing and maybe even crying. They did it with Maleficent :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:09 pm 
Signature Collection

I don't think she'll sing and dance at the same time, though. Perhaps there's a ball or something at the beginning and that's where she dances.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:15 pm 

That makes more sense. I hope it's just that. For some reason, I was imagining a choreographed musical number à la Enchanted. :lol: These remakes got me spooked! :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:47 pm 
Signature Collection

^ :lol: That was my first thought too, but then I realized that both things don't necessarily need to happen at the same time. Though, you never know with these remakes, it's still possible it's what you described. Let's hope it's not, as you said.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:21 am 
Signature Collection

Gal Gadot announced the other day she has wrapped filming her scenes:

Source: https://www.instagram.com/gal_gadot/

She also posted this recently:

Source: https://twitter.com/GalGadot/status/1516801891212144641

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:51 am 

Wow, that's fast. And TLM hasn't even been released yet, they're getting clogged up with that one having been delayed.

Listening to most often lately:
Kelly Clarkson ~ "Happier Than Ever" (cover recording)
The Chicks ~ "Gaslighter"
Cyndi Lauper ~ "All Through the Night"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:08 am 
Special Edition

the fact that the team surrounding Gal wears shirts with the iconic cowl and crown look of the Evil Queen makes me feel hopeful that they'll stick somewhat close to the animated original regarding her look in the movie. Also the fact that Gal has her regular hair and not some elaborate wig or something while wearing the costume disguising cape makes me think she'll have all her hair tucked away under the cowl and crown!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:21 am 

It would make sense for them to keep Snow White's bob and the Queen's cowl to try to make up for the excision of the Prince, "Someday My Prince Will Come", the Dwarfs, and probably what we will discover, even the magical, life-saving kiss on the lips in the end. *sigh* I think it would be much better to keep what they have excised and change the looks of the characters a bit instead of the opposite.

Last edited by Disney Duster on Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:11 am 
Signature Collection

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:31 am 

The thing is, we actually don't know if the Dwarfs have definitely been cut. After Dinklage's outrage, their was a lot of backlash against the idea of cutting or changing the Dwarfs. Disney may have changed their minds.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:24 am 
Signature Collection

Who knows, but I don't think it's too likely.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:30 am 
Anniversary Edition

In this case, how will it be called? Just plain Snow White? Or Snow White and the Seven Magical Creatures? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 11:50 am 
Platinum Edition

Rachel Zegler on the set of Snow White:

https://twitter.com/batatinhageek/statu ... gd6hg&s=19

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 3:06 pm 
Signature Collection

I don't know why but I didn't expect we would get set photos of this film, maybe because of the secrecy that has surrounded certain aspects of this production like anything regarding the "seven creatures". I knew they would stick close to Snow White's original look, but this is closer to it than I imagined it would be. She doesn't look bad, though, in my opinion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next