[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
DVDizzy.com • View topic - Pixar's Elemental

DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pixar's Elemental
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 9:08 pm 
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Coming June 16th, 2023. Directed by Peter Sohn (The Good Dinosaur). Here's concept art and story synopsis information:

https://www.themarysue.com/things-we-sa ... elemental/

Listening to most often lately:
Kelly Clarkson ~ "Happier Than Ever" (cover recording)
The Chicks ~ "Gaslighter"
Cyndi Lauper ~ "All Through the Night"

Post subject: Re: Pixar's Elemental
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 9:17 pm 

I wanted to separate my thoughts from the announcement post. I had searched through the Untitled PIXAR Film threads, but didn't find one with this director. Unless a previous director was usurped, I don't think there was a previous thread for this? Feel free to make your own thread and merge this with it, Sotiris (or you can simply add logo / concept art to the opening post, if you want). :)

I was feeling excited for PIXAR after Luca and Turning Red, but this feels like a blast from the past (in the worst ways) going by the story details. A buddy roadtrip mostly focused on worldbuilding a weird concept (replace animals in Zootopia or emotions in Inside Out with elements) more than anything else. On top of that, why would they give the people behind The Good Dinosaur another film? That movie was terrible, one of their absolute worst. I'm not saying they should never work again, but maybe as co-director with others before they get a chance at their own movie again?

Hopefully I'm still correct that the future PIXAR films will be worth looking forward to--just, aside from this one. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 10:59 pm 
Platinum Edition

I feel like this movie will be a better showcase of Peter Sohn's talents than a movie where he was brought in to replace a different director. This also continues Pixar's current streak of recent movies (Onward, Luca, Turning Red) inspired by the director's childhood.

He's been involved in Pixar's movies for a while, including as an executive producer on Luca. With the creative input he's had on their movies, it was inevitable he would get another directing gig. I'm excited to see him make a movie from the ground-up this time.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 11:48 pm 
Platinum Edition

https://twitter.com/Pixar/status/1526200924175073281

https://www.waltdisneystudios.com/news- ... -elemental

https://twitter.com/Pixar/status/1526200930743398406

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 2:38 am 
Signature Collection

Last edited by D82 on Wed May 18, 2022 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 2:43 am 
Platinum Edition

I read that it was the first film that was greenlit by Pete Docter. Not surprising coming from the guy who made Inside Out and Soul.

When I first heard about this film, I thought that it has become a parody at this point, and Pixar must use some movie pitch bot or something. The only way I might be interested is if it turns out to be a romantic comedy, otherwise I don't really care and I find it hard to care about either Pixar or WDAS these days.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 3:08 am 
Signature Collection

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:32 am 
Diamond Edition

Location: Malta, Europe (duh) Da Brain: sane (methinks ...) Nose: wonderfully fragrant Willy: Wonka!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 8:26 pm 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 9:30 pm 

I must be strange then, since I'm generally positive about WDAS, PIXAR, and Marvel these days, even if I do have my individual wishes and dislikes. Other than a return to hand-drawn animation (which, who knows, that could be possible with the need for more and more streaming content prioritizing a cheaper medium--where 3D is extremely expensive) or a return of Musker & Clemenst for another film, I can't see how it could get much better for WDAS since they've even started dropping the buddy roadtrip formula and were rewarded for it (Encanto). Hopefully Elemental will just be a temporary blip for PIXAR, and they get back on track after this film since they were starting to do well with their original stuff before this. I suppose I should be grateful the person who wrote one of their other flops (The Good Dinosaur) is doing this then, that could help make sure this one underperforms and they have less incentive to backtrack to the stale formula. Can't comment on Star Wars, didn't follow them before the acquisition and still don't.

Even Disney leadership in general, I think has been decent. There have been bad things, of course (closing BlueSky, moving towards the closure of FOX), but good things, too--releasing TV shows on Blu-ray finally via the DMC after all these years, returning the Disney Princess line to the original colors and focusing on character personalities over glitzy glittery nonsense, siding with LGBT, more diversity in their films in general, changing Splash Mountain to TP&TF-themed, etc. I think the only thing I've been negative towards have been a couple of the recent re-makes (Mulan, SW, TLM) because they decided to change too much. The ones before them, I liked (TLK, TJB, Aladdin). They could easily get back on track with Pinocchio as well as if they cast JHUD and Lizzo for the Muses in Hercules and the Hunchback film with Gad goes forward. And then there are the sequels to Aladdin, TLK, and Maleficent coming.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 2:34 am 
Platinum Edition

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 8:04 am 
Special Edition

This doesn’t seem at all fresh but it could be done in an excellent way. I’am not sure how to feel at this point :shrug: