DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:38 pm 
Ultimate Collector's Edition

It's too bad they couldn't just do a revival for a couple of seasons and pretend like season 6-onwards or at least season 7 didn't happen. But Morrison wouldn't come back, I don't think. Probably not Goodwin either?

Kesha ~ "Dancing With Tears in My Eyes"
Ariana Grande ~ "One Last Time"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:44 am 

I don't think a revival would work. Aside from the strong possibility the main cast not coming back, they wrote themselves into a corner story-wise. I think a reboot that keeps the same basic premise with a new cast would be the simplest and smoothest way to go. They can make the changes that they want and introduce new characters without being beholden to the past. Another direction they could go is a self-contained spin-off like Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. Something like that may not be successful on broadcast, but it would be perfect for Disney+. Surely, it would attract more interest than shows like Turner & Hooch or Mighty Ducks that no one seems to care about.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:37 pm 

Sotiris wrote:
They can make the changes that they want and introduce new characters without being beholden to the past.
They were never really concerned with that anyway. :P IDK, I'd be open to it, but so much about that show only worked because of the actors lifting it. Morrison, Parilla, Mader, Goodwin, Carlyle, etc. Even though I got to where I couldn't bear Rumpel on the show post-5A and Goodwin / Dallas felt mostly like scenery post-3, the cast were a great combo. They could always luck up again since there were some good hires throughout the later seasons (like Victoria Smurfit as Cruella, for example, she was fab or Elsa's, Ingrid's, and Merlin's actors). Most of the new ones brought on for S7 seemed really bad upfront though, which is why I opted out of watching that one.

Kesha ~ "Dancing With Tears in My Eyes"
Ariana Grande ~ "One Last Time"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117