Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bambi (Live-Action)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:20 pm 
Ultimate Collector's Edition

farerb wrote:
Yes, they might add more from the book, but MPR took ideas from the book and we saw how that turned out. IMO Disney of today can never make a serious, sincere and melancholic piece like Bambi, they will probably add unfunny jokes and make it all cynical and heartless like all the other remakes.

You're not wrong but it's not just the remakes that are like that. Is the recent output from WDAS or Pixar much better? An earnest, pensive, slow-paced film like Bambi would have never been made today by either studio. Nor Fantasia for that matter. They aren't considered commercial enough anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:55 pm 
Diamond Edition

This is what happens when we spread WGTC news folks! Disney starts getting ideas!

In all seriousness, I thought the CGI in TLK was impressive if inferior at capturing emotion like traditional animation. Kind of interested to see how these photorealistic deer turn out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:05 pm 
Signature Collection

Thumper is probably going to be some obnoxious sidekick now. Flower will probably be completely revamped because the original character will be considered too effeminate for a modern-day audience. Or they'll make him gay but it'll be one brief allusion to that which will never be brought up again and everything else featuring him in the movie will try to downplay his sexuality.

"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:04 am 
Collector's Edition

Sotiris wrote:
You're not wrong but it's not just the remakes that are like that. Is the recent output from WDAS or Pixar much better?

I can't group them together with the remakes because I still find films like Coco or Moana to have a tremendous amount of sincerity, even if they are not as serious as Bambi. As much as I want something new from WDAS, I don't think their recent output (except Ralph) was bad.
I agree that Pixar relied too much on sequels recently, but sometimes they'll come up with something like Coco. The remakes will never achieve that cause they're not here to make art or something they are passionate about, they're here to make money.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:12 pm 
Signature Collection

I liked Coco a lot. It's the only original Pixar film I've enjoyed from this past decade. Brave was a letdown, The Good Dinosaur was terrible, and Inside Out didn't work for me even though that tends to be the favored film. I think it's highly overrated and while it has some interesting ideas, I don't care much for the execution. The human characters are all cliches and unmemorable and I don't think the emotions benefited from the standard buddy comedy formula.

"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:37 pm 
Platinum Edition

JeanGreyForever wrote:
Something tells me they won't change the death of Bambi's mother, meaning we still won't see it onscreen like in the original. It'll be like in TLK where they didn't alter the death from the animated film in any shape or form, just a shot-by-shot remake. Of course that applied to the whole movie basically but still.

You're right, they'll probably won't change it. It's been such a harrowing, iconic and traumatic scene that it would've been downright outrageous if they actually changed it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:15 am 
Anniversary Edition

Will this have an all-star voice cast ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:37 pm 
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Skyler Shuler wrote:
Don’t be shocked if we get live-action Bambi news soon, because the project is moving forward.
Source: https://twitter.com/SkylerShuler/status ... 3706024960

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:49 pm 
Platinum Edition

Well, I`m shocked, anyways :P We haven`t heard anything about this project until now. So it wasn`t certain that Disney was going to see Bambi through. Since the live action remake of Dumbo proved how not all of the remakes of Walt`s pictures were Box Office baits. But Bambi was one of my true favorites of mine, so I`ll hope that Disney will give it some justice.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:18 pm 
Gold Classic Collection

As long as they do it like The Jungle Book (2016), and borrow elements from both the original animated movie and its source material, it may turn out good.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:14 pm 
Platinum Edition

Hardbackyoyo wrote:
As long as they do it like The Jungle Book (2016), and borrow elements from both the original animated movie and its source material, it may turn out good.

Well said :up: