DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:24 pm 
Ultimate Collector's Edition

I liked him a lot on SNL, but find his voice (all the children's voices really) super annoying on the new version of DuckTales. So I'm glad this didn't happen.

Olly Murs f/ Flo Rida ~ "Troublemaker"
Paramore ~ "Still Into You"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:00 am 
Platinum Edition

Maybe it's because of his previous experience voicing an animated bear, but I can kind of picture Moynihan as Winnie the Pooh. "We Bare Bears" proves he can voice someone who is kind and gentle.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:29 pm 

There was going to be a 2D-animated Tron TV series in 2005. Incidentally, a live-action Tron series was also shelved.

Ciro Nieli wrote:
2005. After Robot Monkey ended, Disney Television Animation asked me if I wanted to develop Power Rangers or TRON as a TV series. My Tron pitch went well but ultimately it wouldn’t work out. My initial idea was a reimagining of an original pitch I had called POWERCADE about 2 kids who inherit electrical powers and a strange energy creature named GLITCH.
Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFxem_-JN9V/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:57 pm 

JeanGreyForever wrote:
blackcauldron85 wrote:
I read Bob Iger's book, "The Ride of a Lifetime," yesterday (Random House, 2019). The context is it's Iger's first trip to the Pixar campus; he wanted to visit them before fully deciding on buying them. On Page 139:

Quote:
Lee Unkrich, who would go on to direct Toy Story 3 and Coco, pitched a movie about pets in an apartment building on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.

It's not much, but obviously it sounds like The Secret Life of Pets from that brief description. Has anyone heard of a pet movie that had previously been in development at Pixar circa 2005/2006?

That's interesting for sure. I wonder if that idea found its way over to Illumination afterwards or if it was just a coincidence that a similar concept was considered there as well.

https://www.slashfilm.com/lee-unkrich-t ... xar-pitch/

Quote:
Unkrich confirmed that he made the pitch, but that his story idea was a departure from what The Secret Life of Pets ultimately ended up being (cough, a Toy Story knock-off), and was instead a “Hitchcockian murder mystery.”

“True. It was a Hitchcockian murder mystery. I put it aside to direct Toy Story 3,” Unkrich said on Twitter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:20 am 

It sounds like Disney's Fraidy Cat.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:25 pm 

In a new interview, John Musker and Ron Clements revealed that "A Princess of Mars" was a project in development at Disney Animation in the '90s and Jeffrey Katzenberg wanted them to direct it instead of Treasure Planet after Aladdin. The project fell through because Disney lost the rights.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:52 am 

I wonder what the project was about. It sounds a little more interesting than Mort did (not that Mort was ever going to happen).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:37 pm 

I figure it would have remained quite faithful to the book. It would have been interesting to have two WDAS adaptations based on books by the same author. One thing's for certain, an adaptation of "A Princess of Mars" by Musker & Clements would have been a million times better over what Andrew Stanton gave us.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:00 pm 

I had looked up "A Princess of Mars" via Wikipedia and didn't find anything. Is this related to that Mars Needs Moms movie (I might've fudged the title :lol: )?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:10 pm 

A Princess of Mars is the novel by Edgar Rice Burroughs that Disney's John Carter was based on.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:59 pm 

I bet R&J were glad that Disney lost the rights so they could finally make TP!!! That's super interesting that it was going to be an animated film. While I'm a fan of the live-action film, I'm super duper curious as to how it would look.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:32 pm 

Sotiris wrote:
I looked back at my search and realized I wrote "in" instead of "of." No wonder. I'm kind of glad it didn't happen then, since I didn't care for John Carter. But who knows, maybe it would've been better in M&C's version of the story.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:01 am 
Diamond Edition

It's interesting that they were considering adapting that novel at WDAS. I'm glad Musker and Clements were able to make their dream project, which was Treasure Planet, but I would've liked an animated Disney version of A Princess of Mars too. I think it could've worked as an animated feature. Also, it would've come out before Avatar, and wouldn't have been accused of ripping off that movie, as Andrew Stanton's film was. I don't dislike John Carter, but one of its main flaws in my opinion, is that the main characters are not charismatic enough. That's one of the things that would've probably been improved if Musker and Clements had been the directors, as they are quite good with lead characters.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13