DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:09 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 11980
Location: America
DisneyFan97 wrote:
Funny that musical had Glenn Close.

I wonder if that's a coincidence :?

Haha, yes I think it is just a coincidence.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:42 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 4628
Location: Spain
New featurette, another book cover, and some new costume sketches in this image gallery.

estefan wrote:
It's fascinating how many professions Roger has had since the character's creation. In Dodie Smith's book, he works in financing. In the animated film, he's a musician. For the live-action remake and the '90s animated series, he designed video games. And now he's a lawyer.

I didn't know he had a different profession in the book. I guess they've given Roger and Anita new jobs in this movie to make them fit into the storyline. I thought maybe Anita would change her profession at the end of the movie and would start working in fashion, but now that Roger also has a different job, I'm not so sure anymore.

Disney's Divinity wrote:
You'd think at some point he would've been a veterinarian.

Well, the character who had a similar role to Roger in 102 Dalmatians did work with dogs, right? In a dog shelter, if I remember correctly.

Sotiris wrote:
Also, I found the remark "It's spelled devil, but it's pronounced DeVil" in this TV spot too on the nose.

I agree. The shot of the license plate in the 1996 remake was a much more subtle and better way of making the public realize the connection.

Sotiris wrote:
A pattern seems to be developing where Disney has the composer who's doing the score for a non-musical remake, co-write an original song for the end credits. I believe this has been the case for Cinderella, Mulan, and now Cruella.

It's true; I hadn't realized it had happen three times already.

Sotiris wrote:
The fact they're focusing so much on the costumes in the press means they'll be heavily pushing for an Oscar nomination in that category.

Yes, most of the articles so far have been about the costumes. It seems they think they have a strong contender for that category.

Disney Duster wrote:
DisneyFan97 wrote:
Funny that musical had Glenn Close.

I wonder if that's a coincidence :?

Haha, yes I think it is just a coincidence.

I'm not so sure about that. She worked with him four times actually. Before Sunset Boulevard and the two Dalmatians movies, he dressed her as a pirate in Hook. I didn't know she was in that film until recently, when I read it in the Instagram post Glenn wrote when Anthony Powell died. I've learned from interviews that Glenn Close and Meryl Streep always work with the same makeup artist in their films, for example, so maybe this is something similar and she recommended him for Sunset Boulevard or 101 Dalmatians.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:09 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 16897
Character posters.

Image
Source: https://twitter.com/cruella/status/1389928183164665858

Image
Source: https://twitter.com/cruella/status/1389928192408899585

Image
Source: https://twitter.com/cruella/status/1389928201783156741

Image
Source: https://twitter.com/cruella/status/1389928210444345346

Image
Source: https://twitter.com/cruella/status/1389928219248193537

Image
Source: https://twitter.com/cruella/status/1392168430027960322

Image
Source: https://twitter.com/cruella/status/1392168438173372419

Image
Source: https://twitter.com/cruella/status/1392168447543414785

Image
Source: https://twitter.com/cruella/status/1392168451813171200

Image
Source: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/ ... n-of-mean/

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:04 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 11980
Location: America
D82 wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:
DisneyFan97 wrote:
Funny that musical had Glenn Close.

I wonder if that's a coincidence :?

Haha, yes I think it is just a coincidence.

I'm not so sure about that. She worked with him four times actually. Before Sunset Boulevard and the two Dalmatians movies, he dressed her as a pirate in Hook. I didn't know she was in that film until recently, when I read it in the Instagram post Glenn wrote when Anthony Powell died. I've learned from interviews that Glenn Close and Meryl Streep always work with the same makeup artist in their films, for example, so maybe this is something similar and she recommended him for Sunset Boulevard or 101 Dalmatians.

Oh, hm, that's something I wonder now.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 11:50 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 4628
Location: Spain
I really like those character posters and how they played with the black and white colors, the empty spaces and the letters.

Here's also a new promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJxkT1Z3o4Y


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:04 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 4628
Location: Spain
• First look at a limited edition Cruella doll:

Image Image
Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/COqr4DNpwg5/


• Florence Welch confirmed her involvement in the film with this drawing by Thom Botwood, who apparently did the costume illustrations for the film:

Image
Source: https://twitter.com/florencemachine/sta ... 4854937600


• Emily Beecham talks a bit about the movie in this video: https://youtu.be/QDUdQ0gOZoI?t=87


• And more promos/commercials:

https://twitter.com/Cinemark/status/1390652638551752705
https://www.instagram.com/p/COicxgAHFNj/
https://www.instagram.com/p/COqHrN6rvVA/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:51 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 15007
I have mixed feelings on the film, but damn that's a really nice-looking doll!!!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 6:31 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 16897
D82 wrote:
I really like those character posters and how they played with the black and white colors, the empty spaces and the letters.

I agree; it's a smart and fitting approach.

D82 wrote:
Florence Welch confirmed her involvement in the film with this drawing by Thom Botwood, who apparently did the costume illustrations for the film.

I love the fashion sketches featured in the film. Sometimes they are better than the actual costumes.

D82 wrote:

What's up with all those "Cruellas" in the room? Is it a scheme to confuse the police who are looking for the real Cruella or are they just people who are mimicking her style because they like it? Also, I see that the devil/DeVil thing is going to be a running joke in the film.

D82 wrote:
And more promos/commercials:
https://www.instagram.com/p/COqHrN6rvVA/

The movie's makeup artist revealed in this article that people from the cosmetic company came to the film set to study the palettes she used for authenticity's sake. Below is a new visual to promote the cosmetic line.

Image
Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/COs2wgcLl_s/

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:09 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 16897
New poster and TV spot featuring the song "Call Me Cruella". It has a punk/indie rock sound to it. It reminded me of the song "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)".

Image
Source: https://twitter.com/cruella/status/1391745058492141572

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:56 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 4628
Location: Spain
Sotiris wrote:
New poster and TV spot featuring the song "Call Me Cruella". It has a punk/indie rock sound to it. It reminded me of the song "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)".

I knew it reminded me of something. Yes, it sounds a bit like that song.

Some details about the soundtrack have also been revealed, as well as statements by singer/songwriter Florence Welch and composer Nicholas Britell. There'll be two albums for the film, an original motion picture soundtrack and an original score album. Both will include "Call Me Cruella" and will be released on May 21.

Disney has also created an official playlist comprised of most of the pre-existing songs on that poster that will probably be part of the first of these albums.

Sotiris wrote:
I love the fashion sketches featured in the film. Sometimes they are better than the actual costumes.

Yes, they're really good.

Sotiris wrote:
What's up with all those "Cruellas" in the room? Is it a scheme to confuse the police who are looking for the real Cruella or are they just people who are mimicking her style because they like it?

At first I thought it was a Cruella-themed ball or a dream sequence, but I accidentally spoiled that part for myself. I don't remember where; maybe it was a Twitter comment, so I'm not sure it was legit, but it sounded like it. If you want to know it, here's what I heard: I read Cruella sends an identical costume and wig to every person invited to that ball. That's all I heard. I don't know what her intention is, but it could be to confuse the police, like you said. Maybe she plans to do some evil thing during the ball and that's a strategy to run away without being caught. She's shown with a needle or some sharp object in that scene in some promos, but I doubt she's going to kill anyone.

Sotiris wrote:
Also, I see that the devil/DeVil thing is going to be a running joke in the film.

It seems so. But, what does Horace say in that last promo? I didn't understand it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:40 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 16897
D82 wrote:
If you want to know it, here's what I heard: I read Cruella sends an identical costume and wig to every person invited to that ball. That's all I heard. I don't know what her intention is, but it could be to confuse the police, like you said. Maybe she plans to do some evil thing during the ball and that's a strategy to run away without being caught.

Yes, it's probably another scheme of hers and she's using the multiple Cruellas as a distraction.

D82 wrote:
She's shown with a needle or some sharp object in that scene in some promos, but I doubt she's going to kill anyone.

Not kill, but maybe drug? Perhaps that's how she manages to subdue and capture the Baroness' dogs. By injecting them with something.

D82 wrote:
But, what does Horace say in that last promo? I didn't understand it.

He says "Do you know what this car's called? A devil!" By the way, in that same promo, there's a shot where three dalmatians chase after a young Estella who is up on a swing in a mansion. It seems that the part where the dalmatians kill her mother that was in the tie-in prequel/midquel book will be included in the film.

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:15 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 4628
Location: Spain
Sotiris wrote:
Not kill, but maybe drug? Perhaps that's how she manages to subdue and capture the Baroness' dogs. By injecting them with something.

That makes more sense. Yes, that object could contain some kind of drug.

Sotiris wrote:
He says "Do you know what this car's called? A devil!"

Oh, OK. Well, now his previous devil joke makes more sense. I guess he's just learned that, and proudly tells everyone about it.

Sotiris wrote:
By the way, in that same promo, there's a shot where three dalmatians chase after a young Estella who is up on a swing in a mansion. It seems that the part where the dalmatians kill her mother that was in the tie-in prequel/midquel book will be included in the film.

Yes, it seems so.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:31 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 16897
Japanese poster.

Image
Source: https://twitter.com/disneystudiojp/stat ... 9251976192


Chinese poster.

Image
Source: https://weibo.com/1642553272/KhyLp1IyG

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:23 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 4628
Location: Spain
^It's quite different from the domestic posters, isn't it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 12:04 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 4628
Location: Spain
• New still:

Image
Source: http://www.beautifulballad.org/2021/05/ ... s-cruella/

• New Japanese TV spot: https://twitter.com/Jaden35971368/statu ... 9923644417

• Interview with Nadia Stacey, the film's hair and makeup designer: https://www.vogue.com/article/disney-cr ... auty-looks

• Full soundtrack tracklist: https://twitter.com/gabmisseno/status/1 ... 0151074817

• The soundtrack will include a new version of the song "I Wanna Be Your Dog" performed by John McCrea, who plays Artie in the film. Judging by this video from the set, the song will be in the actual movie as well.

• The social media embargo for Cruella lifts this Friday.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 7:17 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 15007
Yesterday my stepmother-in-law texted me "This looks like fun!" with a GIF of Emma-Cruella saying "You in?". I don't think she's ever texted me being excited for a Disney movie before ... I wonder if this film will bring Disney some new fans...?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 3:29 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 4628
Location: Spain
New clip titled "The Baroness Grand Entrance": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyN2UcS4lnw


blackcauldron85 wrote:
I wonder if this film will bring Disney some new fans...?

It's a bit different from what Disney usually does, so maybe it will. Though, it's also possible it'll have the opposite effect on some people who are already fans of the company.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 11:43 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:33 am
Posts: 5419
Location: UK
I am so ready for this ! I love the promotional campaign for it, the styling they've used is spot on.

That clip where they are in Liberty London, yes yes yes. 100% what I want to see right now.

I'm not sure about the cinema yet, but will be purchasing on Disney+. Will be the first thing I've actually wanted to buy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 12:59 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 13384
Quote:
The movie's makeup artist revealed in this article that people from the cosmetic company came to the film set to study the palettes she used for authenticity's sake. Below is a new visual to promote the cosmetic line.

https://i.imgur.com/FhfwY5e.jpg
Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/COs2wgcLl_s/

Now, see this picture is gorgeous with the red background, her green eyes and the makeup (including making her face pale like a vampire), the outfit, the logo. If not for that hairstyle they gave the character, this would've been a knockout. Admittedly, Emma Stone isn't as tall and elegant as the character should be either. Cruella was like Maleficent in that she was actually pretty attractive (when she wasn't screaming :lol: ).

_________________
Image
Listening to most often lately:
Dan + Shay ~ "Tequila"
Dan + Shay ~ "Speechless"
Pia Toscano ~ "This Time"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:07 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 16897
The film is getting stellar social media reactions from critics thus far.

‘The de Vil Wears Prada': Early ‘Cruella’ Reviews Proclaim Dark, ‘Anti-Disney’ Fun
https://www.thewrap.com/cruella-review- ... ial-media/

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group