DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu May 13, 2021 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:44 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

First look at Jude Law as Hook (more photos here):

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:24 pm 
Platinum Edition

He looks dreadful. :huh: And his costume looks very plain and cheap. Thankfully, I don't care much about this movie.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:11 pm 
Limited Edition

yep he looks awful(receding hairlines and long hair = :headshake: !) I hope people make a big online stink about how awful this movie looks like they did with Will Smith's Genie/Aladdin, so maybe then we'll finally get that Frozen 3 announcement(yes I'm convinced its already been decided they're just holding the announcement for when they need something to distract from a movie PR disaster.) :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:19 pm 
Platinum Edition

unprincess wrote:
yep he looks awful (receding hairlines and long hair = :headshake: !)

I hadn't even noticed that until you pointed it out. He looks sleazy and dirty. Was it intentional to make him look like a creepy old man?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:34 pm 
Platinum Edition

It's ironic that long hair usually causes receding hairlines. I don't think he looks that bad. Pirates aren't exactly glamorous characters, but maybe it's because I've never cared about this story.

Ariana Grande & The Weeknd ~ "Save Your Tears"
Conan Gray ~ "Astronomy"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:56 am 
Platinum Edition

I love how he looks! I think he looks like a great Captain Hook! Captain Hook is supposed to be sort of handsome, and Law's skeeviness combined with his hot face and body make for an appropriately creepy good-looking Hook.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:22 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

It's worth remembering that set photos like these always look off. I remember when the set photos of Brie Larson as Captain Marvel were leaked and people complained about the costume and how the colours looked wrong. And then when the movie was released, the costume looked perfectly fine and I didn't see any criticisms towards it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:08 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Personally, I also had a positive impression. I thought he would look worse. I didn't see Jude Law as Hook and now I can understand a bit why they cast him, though I still have doubts about his performance. Is he good at comedy? I think I haven't seen him in any comedy film. Although, perhaps his version of Hook will be a bit more serious than the animated one, we'll see.

estefan wrote:
It's worth remembering that set photos like these always look off. I remember when the set photos of Brie Larson as Captain Marvel were leaked and people complained about the costume and how the colours looked wrong. And then when the movie was released, the costume looked perfectly fine and I didn't see any criticisms towards it.

Yeah, that's true. Maybe his hair or makeup, for example, aren't finished in that photo and probably he looks better with the hat and jacket. Speaking of the clothes, now that I see they're red like in the original, I wonder why they didn't opt for black hair as well.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:07 am 
Platinum Edition

I think they are going for the serious version of the character like he was in the book. But I also thought he would have black hair. I feel like he had black hair in the book. Ok, I just looked it up, and he did. But the book also says he has a resemblance to the Scottish royal house of the Stuarts.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:05 pm 
Limited Edition

So this has started filming ? :?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:15 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

New set photos featuring Captain Hook, Smee and the Jolly Roger. Jude Law has his jacket on this time, which is blue instead of red like in the original, but is still not wearing the hat.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... Wendy.html

Source: http://www.justjared.com/2021/04/27/jud ... irst-look/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:03 am 
Platinum Edition

Hm. Well this won't be Oscar nominated for costumes, but at least they all look all right.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 7:12 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Actors for ‘Peter Pan & Wendy’ Lost Boys Revealed
https://thedisinsider.com/2021/05/11/ac ... -revealed/

Quote:
According to IMDB, several new cast members for the upcoming Peter Pan & Wendy have been added. We have since learned that this casting information is accurate.

The Lost Boys- Peter Pan’s group of rambunctious children- are made up of Slightly, Nibs, The Twins, Cubby, and Tootles in the 1954 film.

In the upcoming remake, we will see Noah Matthews Matofsky as Slightly, Sebastian Billingsley-Rodriguez as Nibs, Skyler and Kelsey Yates as The Twins, Florence Bensberg as Curly, and Caelan Edie as Tootles.

The character of Cubby has been renamed Curly, which is most consistent with the original novel. New characters include Birdie, played by Diana Tsoy, and Bellweather played by Felix de Sousa.

Most of these young actors have had previous acting experience. However, for some, this will be their first film appearance.

Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyLABR/status/1 ... 9816698881

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 7:32 pm 
Platinum Edition

How can they still call them The Lost Boys when not all of them are boys? I hope they change their moniker to either The Lost Kids or The Lost or something else that's gender neutral because calling them The Lost Boys doesn't make any sense.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 11:06 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

^I hadn't thought of that, probably because the Spanish equivalent I'm used to also works for a group of boys and girls. I think they'll probably change their name in this version.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13