Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by unprincess »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I've read that Target has a B2G1 free sale on Funko Pops this week. The Pinocchio pops are listed on Amazon as being released 3/28. I'm never sure if the B2G1 sales include pre-orders (I don't think so), so hopefully the sale will still be going on next Sunday and I can get the three Pinocchio pops I want that way. :D

I wanted to get an Alice and Blue Fairy Pop and maybe a Raya Pop but all the Alice and Pinocchio pops seem to be sold out already? :(
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

^ I think that has something to do with the release date being different at different retailers. It said 3/28 on Amazon, but when I was looking through Target for their sale, they said they wouldn't be out until 4/21 there... And the Alice ones probably won't be out until May, I think. I wouldn't worry, they'll definitely become more widely available. Pops are weird with their release dates sometimes.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I like the Yzma and Kronk pair, certainly more than Yzma's previous Pop. But being a Funko Shop exclusive makes my chances of getting it pretty damn low.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Not so long ago I watched RAYA. The movie was such a meh experience for me that I forgot to check the Pops to see if there was one for the villainess...and there is. So now I have to get that Pop to add to my collection.

Did this happen to anyone else?
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

DC Fan wrote:Not so long ago I watched RAYA. The movie was such a meh experience for me that I forgot to check the Pops to see if there was one for the villainess...and there is. So now I have to get that Pop to add to my collection.

Did this happen to anyone else?
Honestly, as someone who's Disney Pop collection is a good 70% villains, and as someone who also found Raya to be a completely "meh" time, I am not planning to get her. Space is at such a premium for me that I've made the decision to not get any Pops just cause they fit in the collection. I need a deep attachment to a character or property now if I'm going to buy a pop. I've spent so much money over the years on Pops that now sit in a bin in a closet or I sold for pennies on the dollar. I've passed on a lot of pops in the past year that I probably wouldn't have a couple years ago (The Dinosaurs pops, The last couple Toy Story waves and the Onward pops come to mind right away).
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I'm having the same dilemma about Raya and the Last Dragon, though not about Funko Pops since I haven't bought them in a long time, but about its 4K release since I collect Disney physical media releases, but I find myself enjoying Raya less and less each time I rewatch it, probably because of the "simplified for kids" tone the film has and all the Tik Tok speech, so I'm wondering if I should get it or not cause I did regret buying Frozen II eventually and I don't want the same to happen after I buy Raya and the Last Dragon.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

So, am not the only one that RAYA was such a non-experience that we basically don´t know what to do about it.

As, said, I collect all Disney Villains in Pop. That´s my one and main collection. I do get certain other characters here and there (Xena for instance) so it´s not a matter of money itself or space but as a completionist. I just find amazing how little I cared for the movie that I totally forgot there was a villainess there and to see and check if they made a Pop of her.

farerb:

In my experience/opinion I suggest you still go for the 4K version. Or you´ll regret it.

I know because the same thing happens with me with DC movies. I get them all in the best BD option. For a while used to be DigiBooks but then, for BIRDS OF PREY, they didn´t. The only other option was a SteelBook. It´s not my favorite of the DC movies so add to that the investment but, if anything, I had to get that version. I´m glad I did.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Madam Mim exclusive FYE and through Funko.com.

Now, I´m bothered. As you recall they´re still going to make 2 dragon versions of Mim as well as the rest of The Sword in the Stone Pops. So, I´m sure this will be the only regular Mim. So why designed her with this specific face from a brief moment in the movie?

I get it for Dr. Facillier with the painted skull as they just wanted another version and, even though the same previous rule applies to him, his face doesn´t change.

Unless, they think down the line to re-release her with her normal face as part of the Disney Villains line or some sort? Like the new Evil Queen that´s not forwing and comes with King.

...however, I don´t see this possible. As with THE GREAT MOUSE DETECTIVE this is not a Disney movie as ALICE IN WONDERLAND or the PRINCESS line that´s so popular that we´ll be getting more in the future.
Last edited by DC Fan on Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disney's Divinity

I'm pretty sure there's going to be a regular pop. There's this, for example, which looks just like the Pig Face pop except the face is different.

The Pig Face version is just a variant of the basic pop. The pose and everything will probably be the same aside from the face is my guess.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

But there wasn´t a variant announced for the regular. And, as said, Funko already did the same thing with Ratigan.

By the way, someone knows what has happened with the Villains line?
Disney's Divinity

I think it's different because Pig Face Mim is an exclusive, whereas Ratigan in his King robes was released everywhere like a regular pop. We'll have to wait to see, but I think they've released variants before the rest of a line like this before although I can't think of an example right off.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

I hope so. Thanks.

As for my part, just reserved Namaari in my comic book store (already available just saying that I ask them to have it on hold for me till I can get around and buy it). As said, Disney Villains completionist. But, wao, I didn´t even remember her name. That´s how boring she is.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Yikes... the Madame Mim Wondercon pop looks awful in person. The nose is a separate piece from the rest of the head and it doesn't look like the factory put too much effort into making it look like one piece. I dunno, could just be an unfortunate occurrence, but with Mim being a pop I'll have to buy online not being able to see it person makes me super hesitant if quality control is indeed an issue with her. The one in the picture looks like a bad Happy Meal toy.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

It looks like they made it that way to use everything else but the nose piece for the pig nose and regular versions... I don't think it's awful but I am just seeing it on my phone...
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

I agree with blackcauldron. This has to be because the snout is not part of the original mold...

...although, is not like Funko doesn´t make new molds constantly. So it could also be the way the picture was taken as what looks like a seperate piece could be part of the detail of the snout.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Wait, it makes no sense for Madam Mim to have the pig warts if you take the pig nose off!
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

A simple paint to cover them.
blackcauldron85

Okay, the warts comment makes sense, DD! I was in a sunny car (passenger seat!) when I first looked at the photo. Looking at it again with inside lighting and zooming in, (the angle of the pic-in-box looks slightly worse than the head-on pic) it may just be the outline/definition of the snout...so, DC Fan, you might be on-the-nose (pun only slightly intended!!) about it just being detailed. Is this available for pre-order? I feel like one of us needs to see it in person to fully understand what we are looking at!!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

The nose may be removable but you can't keep painting over the hog warts every time you take the nose off. Do you mean there is a version with the hog nose and warts permanently on and one with them all gone?
blackcauldron85

I don't think that customers can take the nose off-- I think the body mold at the factory is the same and the factory just puts the nose on depending on which version they are making. No idea about the warts...