DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:49 pm 
Limited Edition

The woman from Incredibles 2 and who else?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:53 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Darla from Finding Nemo. Although some people consider Mirage and Dean Hardscrabble villains as well.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:23 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

My hope is there is no villain. Just the circumstances they find themselves in. Isnt that enough?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:07 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

JeanGreyForever wrote:
Darla from Finding Nemo. Although some people consider Mirage and Dean Hardscrabble villains as well.

And even Darla is debatable, as it could be argued she was just a little girl who didn't know how to take care of fish. I don't think she was being actively malicious, but to a fish's point-of-view, she can definitely be considered a threat (I think one of the themes Stanton sought to explore in "Finding Nemo" is how dangerous the world can be to a fish).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:11 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

estefan wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:

And even Darla is debatable, as it could be argued she was just a little girl who didn't know how to take care of fish. I don't think she was being actively malicious, but to a fish's point-of-view, she can definitely be considered a threat (I think one of the themes Stanton sought to explore in "Finding Nemo" is how dangerous the world can be to a fish).

My thoughts exactly.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:14 pm 
Platinum Edition

It seems Barbie will have a minor non-speaking role (like her appearance during the flashback in Molly's room) in the film.

Quote:
Q: Did you also get to return to voice Barbie for Toy Story 4?

Jodi Benson: As of right now, I’m not exactly sure how Barbie fits into Toy Story 4. I am not privy to that information, shall we say. It’s not something, at this point, that I can really speak about. But I sure am thrilled that Pixar invited me to be part of Toy Story 2 and 3. I love Barbie. I think she was absolutely hysterical, in both of those films. I loved taking this iconic character – a doll that I grew up with in the ‘60s, when I had the Barbie boat, the dream house, the little travel circle suitcase with the handle, and all of the Barbie stuff – and giving her a voice, for the first time, as far as that goes, in a feature film. I was beyond thrilled to get to make her very real, very authentic and vulnerable, while not making fun of her, but having fun with her. I loved getting to do that, so both of those films were great, and so much fun.
Source: http://collider.com/jodi-benson-the-lit ... interview/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:26 pm 
Platinum Edition

That’s what I always liked about Barbie, too. Mocking her would’ve been the easy route to take.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:23 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

New story details from a description of footage shown today at a Disney shareholders meeting:

Quote:
The film appears to begin with Bonnie making Forky at school and bringing him home as a toy, where he’s introduced to the gang by Woody (Tom Hanks). But when the group go on a road trip in an RV, Forky (Tony Hale), who is undergoing an existential crisis and wants to return to being a non-sentient spork, escapes prompting Woody and Buzz (Tim Allen) to chase him. However, as they hunt for the panicked spork, Woody happens upon Bo Peep (Annie Potts) in an antique shop. He runs in to save Bo, but a creepy doll in a baby carriage prevents them from leaving with an army of ventriloquist dummies, which triggers Bo Peep’s new action instincts as she rescues the both of them.

The pair of them somehow end up at a carnival, where they meet the happy-go-lucky carnival toys played by Keegan Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The central conflict of the film appears to be Woody being torn between making his new owner Bonnie happy or living a life of freedom with Bo Peep at the carnival, all the while he attempting to convince Forky of the joys of being Bonnie’s toy. It’s a conflict not far off from past sequels — the closest being Toy Story 2, in which Woody must decide whether to go back to Andy or live life as a collectible. And as in past films, Buzz and co. set off to save Woody.
Source: https://www.slashfilm.com/toy-story-4-f ... tion-plot/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:22 pm 
Platinum Edition

^What a disappointment. Talk about regurgitation central. :roll:

• Toy Story 2: Woody must choose between his owner and the museum.
• Toy Story 3: Woody must choose between his owner and the daycare.
• Toy Story 4: Woody must choose between his owner and the carnival.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:17 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I found it a bit disappointing too. Though maybe that's not the central conflict and there's more they don't want to reveal yet. And, to be fair, the previous sequels were both quite good despite having similar themes, so if the conflict Woody has this time is well executed, maybe it won't be an issue it's been done before.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:34 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Right?! What is weird is that in all three movies, they made a huge deal of Woody belonging to someone....now, they're suddenly going to change all of that? And if Woody leaves Buzz for Bo Peep, then this is not Ralph Breaks the Internet when Ralph and Vanellope FaceTime every night to each other. Woody and Buzz will literally never see each other again. Why break up an iconic friendship? Why can't Bo just come with them to Bonnie's?

Why is this movie even happening? :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:42 am 
Platinum Edition

The difference seems to me:

Toy Story 2 - Woody was actually tempted by the museum after finding out his "history."
Toy Story 3 - Woody never had a moment's interest in staying at the daycare center, even before they knew it was toy hell; he was firm in his commitment to being Andy's toy, even if that meant staying in the attic.
Toy Story 4 - Just a guess based on that synopsis: Woody is exhausted at this point with Bonnie (either because Bonnie herself is tiring or because he's just having a mid-life crisis :lol: ) and might actually leave the toys this time? The stuff with Forky sounds to me as if, at the beginning of the film, Woody is trying to convince him to accept his new role, and by the end, he recognizes that what he's selling Forky on is a lie. I believe Bo Peep's role could play into that if she had a hard life since she was separated from the others and especially if she were to die at the climax (as in, if she died after years in a miserable situation at the antique shop instead of being "free," what was it even for?). Perhaps part of it is that Woody isn't "special" among the toys to Bonnie like he was to Andy; the same way Bo Peep apparently wasn't "special" among Andy's toys either.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:49 am 
Platinum Edition

I can see what you're saying saying Disney's Divinity, but it does come over as a rehash of plot points visited previously.

I still really do believe that it was a lovely idea to have them focus on just the shorts; they were fun catch ups with everybody, and each toy had a chance to shine. But, the film could really change my opinion of course, and I'm open to that. Just initially I'm so meh about it, which is a shame.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:02 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

New promo clip featuring Bo Peep: https://twitter.com/SmythsToysUK/status ... 0685230082

Disney's Divinity wrote:
The difference seems to me:

Toy Story 2 - Woody was actually tempted by the museum after finding out his "history."
Toy Story 3 - Woody never had a moment's interest in staying at the daycare center, even before they knew it was toy hell; he was firm in his commitment to being Andy's toy, even if that meant staying in the attic.
Toy Story 4 - Just a guess based on that synopsis: Woody is exhausted at this point with Bonnie (either because Bonnie herself is tiring or because he's just having a mid-life crisis :lol: ) and might actually leave the toys this time? The stuff with Forky sounds to me as if, at the beginning of the film, Woody is trying to convince him to accept his new role, and by the end, he recognizes that what he's selling Forky on is a lie. I believe Bo Peep's role could play into that if she had a hard life since she was separated from the others and especially if she were to die at the climax (as in, if she died after years in a miserable situation at the antique shop instead of being "free," what was it even for?). Perhaps part of it is that Woody isn't "special" among the toys to Bonnie like he was to Andy; the same way Bo Peep apparently wasn't "special" among Andy's toys either.

It's true, while the theme is in all three movies, in Toy Story 3 Woody is never interested in staying at the daycare center; the ones who are tempted are the other toys. And if the third movie ends with him choosing to leave Bonnie, it will also be quite different from the other sequels. I hope that doesn't happen, though. :huh:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:03 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Another description of the footage shown at the shareholders meeting:

Quote:
Toy Story 4 had a lot of footage. The sizzle reel had a shot of Buzz spinning on a carnival ride and using it to launch him in the air as he deploys his wings.

Scene of Woody in Bonnie's room telling the toys that Bonnie made a new toy at school and that he means a lot to her right now and introduces Forky. Mr Potato Head says "He's a Spork."

We see them on a motorhome as Forky says he wants to go back to being what he was made for, like eating soup, etc and jumps out back window. Woody goes after him. Walking past an antique store, Woody sees Bo inside and goes in.

A baby in a carriage does t let Woody leave and sends ventriloquist dolls after him as he navigates the maze of the store. He finds Bo.

A major conflict will likely be Woody deciding to go back with Bonnie and serving his purpose in making her happy or being happy himself in the world.

Bo takes Woody to the top of one of the carnival rides and tells him who needs a kid's room when you can have the world to explore as they look at the carnival.
Source: https://twitter.com/MatthewHansenUT/sta ... 3209580545

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:10 am 
Gold Collection

disneyprincess11 wrote:
Why is this movie even happening? :roll:

Simple. Because John Lasseter thought up of an idea for a fourth movie that he felt was so good, he couldn't resist telling it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:22 pm 
Platinum Edition

I wonder if Woody will end up drawing a parallel between the baby in the carriage trying to keep him and Bo Peep in the antique shop to himself trying to force Forky to stay with Bonnie.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:54 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

New promo clip: https://twitter.com/comicrelief/status/ ... 6338555909

It seems Disney Spain showed a preview of the movie to the press yesterday. All the reactions I've read were very positive and several stressed that they loved the new characters.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:33 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

A Spanish film website which attended the event I mentioned in my previous post has posted its review of the preview. They say that it's not an unnecessary sequel as they thought, and Pixar still has things to tell about the characters' lives. According to them, Bo Peep will be the best character in the movie and the source of much talk; there's still humor in the franchise especially thanks to new characters like Forky, Bunny and Ducky, and also emotive moments (the beginning is heartbreaking). They also liked the character voiced by Keanu Reeves, and reveal there's a new character similar to Norma Desmond from Sunset Boulevard. In addition to that, they highlight the quality of the animation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:46 pm 
Collector's Edition

Thanks for the information D82. Surprised but also happy that no bad press is happening yet.

D82 wrote:
reveal there's a new character similar to Norma Desmond from Sunset Boulevard.

I don't know what this is supposed to mean... Like, a vintage Barbie toy is angry that she's not popular anymore and becomes the villainess trying to ruin the other's lives?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 40  Next