The UK Announcement Thread

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
niamh_nimrod

Post by niamh_nimrod »

Maybe because they have offices in Ireland?
We get our releases the Friday before as our charts run at different days.
I was wondering, does anyone know if the Alice in Wonderland UnAnniversary edition is R1 only, or will it be for sale as R2? Thanks in advance.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Alice in Wonderland has been on of the most rereleased DVD's over here in the UK.

As far as my knowledge goes, we have had two regular releases, an extremely barebones single disc 'Special Edition', along with quite a few VHS releases all throughout the 90's and early 00's.

So with the sheer volume of releases of 'Alice' and the fact that the books are so vastly popular over here, and the popularity of Tim Burton, the release of the film is highly likely in my opinion. And would generate big sales for Disney.

So knowing Disney .... they probably wont release it over here ! :P
marlan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by marlan »

The release of Finding Nemo Blu-ray has been postponed again. This is what Amazon.co.uk wrote me today:
We regret to inform you that your order will take longer to fulfill than
originally estimated. Our supplier has notified us that there is a delay
obtaining stock for the following items you ordered on August 01 2009.

Albert Brooks, et al "Finding Nemo [Blu-ray]"
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0018WUC9S

We are awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you
as soon as we receive this information.
Earlier, it was postponed to beginning of May 2010.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Does anybody know if Disney will always have the Blu Ray / DVD double pack ? Or is it only for say, this year, when not everyone has converted yet to Blu ?
stitchje1981
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stitchje1981 »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:Does anybody know if Disney will always have the Blu Ray / DVD double pack ? Or is it only for say, this year, when not everyone has converted yet to Blu ?
I think it 'll take a lot longer then 1 year atlanticaunderthesea...
Because most people aren't able to buy everything that you need for a blu ray or some like to wait for the 3D's to take over and don't wanna waste their time in BR...
But I don't mind though, I like the double packs... 8)
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Oh good, I am glad you think they wont be stopping anytime soon stitchje1981, as I want to carry on buying them !

Even though I dont have a player, I've recently been getting only the combi packs, saving them for when I eventually get a bluray player ! The DVD's are so barebones now anyway, I'm hardly missing anything if I dont get the '2 Disc DVD'.
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:Does anybody know if Disney will always have the Blu Ray / DVD double pack ? Or is it only for say, this year, when not everyone has converted yet to Blu ?
They will stop. Who knows when though?
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

It does make me wonder when though; it certainly shows no signs of abating at the moment.

And, quite frankly, I dont know anyone at all who has a bluray player yet. Lots of people with intentions to get one, but no one with one yet.
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:It does make me wonder when though; it certainly shows no signs of abating at the moment.

And, quite frankly, I dont know anyone at all who has a bluray player yet. Lots of people with intentions to get one, but no one with one yet.
There are certainly lots of people with the capability to play them but whether they actually buy them is another matter. At least 38.1 million PS3's have been sold and $1 billion dollars worth of Blu-Ray sales have been made this year so far

I have to say though that excluding myself I only know two or three people that actually buy Blu-Rays.
jennytablina

Post by jennytablina »

Apparently Bambi is being reissued on February 7th in a "Diamond Edition" in the UK

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/18126905 ... oduct.html

Seems awfully early for Bambi to be out of the "vault" again, wasn't it's last DVD release quite recent?
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

jennytablina wrote:Apparently Bambi is being reissued on February 7th in a "Diamond Edition" in the UK

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/18126905 ... oduct.html

Seems awfully early for Bambi to be out of the "vault" again, wasn't it's last DVD release quite recent?
It was about six years ago. At least it was in the USA.
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

You know a thread is dead when one page spans an entire year :lol: :cry: I don't know what happened to this section, it used to be quite lively
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I know ! We SO need to liven this thread up guys, the Australian release thread is way more active than ours !

Anyway, so are we getting Bambi then before US ? I think their release is at the end of Feb, or am I mistaken ?

Plus, we have Alice In Wonderland on Blu on Feb 28th ! Probably the release I am most looking forward to this year :)
BK
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BK »

Anybody want a Region 1 Ultimate Toy Box for 13 quid only discs, artwork and inserts?

16 if you want the entire box and the other two dvd cases.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Am I right in thinking that Bambi 2 is the first sequel to get the Blu treatment in the UK ?

btw .... just got my very own Blu player the other day from Tesco ... works like a charm 8)

The only downside is there are a few Blus I have to double dip on as I got the DVD only versions :cry:
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:Am I right in thinking that Bambi 2 is the first sequel to get the Blu treatment in the UK ?
Out of the DTV animated sequels, I believe so (unless you count the Tinker Bell films, of course).
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Wonderlicious wrote:Out of the DTV animated sequels, I believe so (unless you count the Tinker Bell films, of course).
Ahhh of course, Tink ! Can't forget about her ! :P

I was always suprised that all her movies were put straight to Blu, no qestions asked, where as some others never have. Yet.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:I was always suprised that all her movies were put straight to Blu, no qestions asked, where as some others never have. Yet.
Well, of course, the Tinker Bell films are new releases. When it comes to actually releasing the older sequels, one has to remember that Disney likes to release sequels around the time of the respective re-release of the original, and one has to also consider whether a HD master could benefit the film. The Beauty and the Beast sequels were probably not produced in a high resolution format; Belle's Magical World in particular was made up of three episodes of an aborted TV series, and Blu-Ray would do nothing for it.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Wonderlicious wrote: Belle's Magical World in particular was made up of three episodes of an aborted TV series, and Blu-Ray would do nothing for it.
I disagree, somewhat. I've never seen Belle's Magical World but from the clips I've had the, er ... pleasure to watch, the film appears to have been animated in some cheap television animation studio where they still used painted cels and a camera rather than a digital setup similar to WDAS' now obsolete CAPS system. As a result Belle's Magical World was shot on 35mm film. Despite the crudeness of the animation, a Blu-ray presentation of Belle's Magical World should yield improvements in image quality over its DVD counterpart.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

Don't know if this is the right topic to ask this question,

but Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 have been released on DVD in the UK March 28th (DVD Only)...I was wondering whether they were released with slipcovers or not?

Thanks....