DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Goofy short story
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:38 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 4
Hello

I've just registered.
I'm looking for a goofy short story i've seen a long time ago but can't remember the title.
It's a scientist speaking and we can see a character in Goofy's head making him move.
That's all i can remember but i hope someone will be able to help me find the title, and if it has been released on dvd.

Thank you :)

Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:28 pm 
Offline
Gold Collection
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:11 pm
Posts: 58
Location: Dime store shelf
Welcome to the forum cookie.

Does this sound familiar?

How to Sleep


Stars: Pinto Colvig
Directors: Jack Kinney
Theatrical Release Date: December 25, 1953
Genres: Comedy, Family, Animation, Short

Synopsis After a short of history of man's eternal quest for sleep (from the stone ages to modern times) as well as a demonstration of what puts man to sleep and how man sleeps (like the dog, the ostrich, etc.), we see Goofy's attempts to sleep despite insomnia. He tries opening a window, using an electric blanket, drinking hot milk, counting sheep. Nothing works. He consults a scientist who studies Goofy's sleeping habits and finally finds a cure for Goofy's insomnia...by taking a mallet and crowning him on the head. It works!

This short as well as the majority of the Goofy theatrical released shorts can be found on Walt Disney Treasures - The Complete Goofy.

_________________
...and so you two are absolutely identical? You know I'm sure I can get you a part in Toy Story 3... I'm sorry. Are we back? All right girls...lovely talking to you.

Outtakes from Toy Story 2


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:54 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 4
Stinky Pete wrote:
Welcome to the forum cookie.

Does this sound familiar?

How to Sleep


Stars: Pinto Colvig
Directors: Jack Kinney
Theatrical Release Date: December 25, 1953
Genres: Comedy, Family, Animation, Short

Synopsis After a short of history of man's eternal quest for sleep (from the stone ages to modern times) as well as a demonstration of what puts man to sleep and how man sleeps (like the dog, the ostrich, etc.), we see Goofy's attempts to sleep despite insomnia. He tries opening a window, using an electric blanket, drinking hot milk, counting sheep. Nothing works. He consults a scientist who studies Goofy's sleeping habits and finally finds a cure for Goofy's insomnia...by taking a mallet and crowning him on the head. It works!

This short as well as the majority of the Goofy theatrical released shorts can be found on Walt Disney Treasures - The Complete Goofy.


Hello Pete,

Thank you for the answer. I'm not sure it's that one, i'll try to find and watch it. From what i recall, but i've watched it a long time ago when i was a kid, i think it starts with a scientist talking then we see goofy(George Geef) and there is a little character( maybe 2) that we see inside his head ( who i think represents his conscious mind or something) that makes him move. I think in the end the 2 characters inside his mind start a fight.

Does it sounds like it could be that short story?

Anyway thank you for the answer :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:42 pm 
Offline
Gold Collection
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:11 pm
Posts: 58
Location: Dime store shelf
Well I'm not so sure now with the additional information. Maybe someone else can help. I have the Complete Goofy at home and I'll try to watch this one. Sorry :(

_________________
...and so you two are absolutely identical? You know I'm sure I can get you a part in Toy Story 3... I'm sorry. Are we back? All right girls...lovely talking to you.

Outtakes from Toy Story 2


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 4
Stinky Pete wrote:
Well I'm not so sure now with the additional information. Maybe someone else can help. I have the Complete Goofy at home and I'll try to watch this one. Sorry :(


that's ok, thank you very much for your answer :)

I've tried to search on the dvd you mentionned, but from what i've read i'm not sure it's on it. Though it's supposed to be the complete collection isn't it? I'm pretty sure it's goofy so it should be on that dvd.

Unfortunately i don't remember a lot from it :cry:

cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:03 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:50 pm
Posts: 334
This sounds a lot like Reason & Emotion, the war cartoon made in 1943, but you said it was Goofy so I guess this isn't it. Sorry cookie.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:25 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 4
FantasiaMan wrote:
This sounds a lot like Reason & Emotion, the war cartoon made in 1943, but you said it was Goofy so I guess this isn't it. Sorry cookie.


Thank you fantasiaman, i've made a search on this and it looks like your right :) i wonder why i thought it was goofy though.

Anyway thanks for your help : )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:33 pm 
Offline
Gold Collection
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:50 pm
Posts: 114
I'm looking for the name/availability of a short and didn't think it was worth starting a new thread over. Plus it reminds of the Goofy "How To" shorts so I thought this would be the place to ask.

From what I remember (I haven't seen this in years) it was a short about new cars coming out in the future. It had one that was really wide and took up the whole road, another that looked the same going backwards and forwards and another that had a glass bottom so you could see who it was you ran over. I believe it had a narration and pacing similar to the Goofy shorts but I don't believe Goofy was in it.

If any one knows which short this was and if it has been released to dvd that would be quite helpful.

Thank you!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:46 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:50 pm
Posts: 334
Is it a Tex Avery short?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:44 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:50 pm
Posts: 2483
Location: Norway
I guess it could be "Car of Tomorrow" by Tex Avery from 1951...?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2Disney4Ever, Baidu [Spider], Disney Duster, Google Adsense [Bot], Mach Full Force, moviefan12, stevemcqueen, Walter and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group