TOY STORY: 10th Anniversary Edition DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

I think the cover is okay. It looks good but it's nothing overly special. It's nicer than any previous Toy Story covers though.
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>
Andy
Special Edition

Post by Andy »

Maybe i should join in with everyone else....
"That thing best come with a slipcover" :lol:

There i said it. :P
Actually i quite like the cover and im sure it will have a slipcover with some sort of shiny effect and itll look quite good! :D
hiiiii
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

And I bet if it didn't come with a slip-cover, a 30 page long thread would be created devoted to the fact that despite an amazing transfer and bonus features that rock, "Disney fans" would feel cheated that Disney is treating them like crap for not including a slip-cover. :roll:

As for the cover art, I'm not too fond on it. It's an interesting design, but I just don't feel it matches the atmosphere of the film. I'd like to see something more like the original video cover with an actual scene as opposed to something abstract.
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

its not bad which is good but u cant have everything in life. but i hope it does have a shiny slipcover like all the other pixar dvds (except monsters inc). i think thats the only reason why they made it silver, so it can have a shiny slipcover maybe.
Big Worms
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Big Worms »

I like the cover. Reminds me of the UTB.
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

The cover is a bit boring. Plus it looks like it's a set instead of a regular 2-disc set.
goofy108
Gold Classic Collection

Post by goofy108 »

Timon/Pumba fan wrote:The cover is a bit boring. Plus it looks like it's a set instead of a regular 2-disc set.
That's is what I thought when I first saw it. The cover is okay. The Toy Story movies have never had great covers. I was really hoping for something better but I guess this will have to do. I bummed that Monster's Inc. is the only Pixar movie without a slipcover. It is really going to be singled out. :(

:goofy:
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

That is possibly, the worst, most boring, most horrific, most craptcularly, most mind poisoningly, brain adling, most uninspiring, most "what boredom breeder designed that", most yawningly, most vomit inducing, most "table for one", most "did I leave my perosanality on the bus?", most "Has Eisner's brain cell suggested that", most "uuuuuuuuuuuuugggghhh", most "why do flies always try and fly through windows?", most "Is that what death reembodied in a DVD cover looks like", most "is the film public domain", most "My eyes are bleeding", most "I should really get that rash checked out", most cheesecake resembling, most "where did I leave my car keys", most Loomis in a dress, undeniably, atrociously, insignificantly, horrifying, (I wonder what the spelling and grammar check on MS Word would make of this sentence), most undesirably, awful cover in the history of humanity!
Last edited by ichabod on Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

the cover is "ehjehbeh"-- not the greatest.
it'd be nice if they had a 'book' insert for that thing.
And I bet if it didn't come with a slip-cover, a 30 page long thread would be created devoted to the fact that despite an amazing transfer and bonus features that rock, "Disney fans" would feel cheated that Disney is treating them like crap for not including a slip-cover. :roll:
Wonder, don't you know...people judge a DVD on the outside. haha, kidding! ;)
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
SofaKing381222
Anniversary Edition

Post by SofaKing381222 »

I LOVE THE COVER!!! Ive always like the cool metalic look, and I love it!

IT BETTER HAVE A SLIPCOVER!!!!!!!!
We need season sets of all DCOSs and all DCOMs on DVD! And Better Cover Art!

My DVD's / My Space
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

What a wonderfully diverse three previous responses. Looks like the critics are divided on this one!
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

While the cover is plain, I like it. It gives the movie the "epic" look that it deserves. I think that having every character squished together on the cover would make it look very corny. Anyway, this cover looks a heck of a lot better than A Bug's Life: Collector's Edition's cover.
By the way, for those of you who can see it, on the spine of the DVD in the image, at the top, on the red part, does it say 2-disc set like on the front cover, or does it say something like widescreen and fullscreen? I ask this because I really don't want widescreen or fullscreen versions released (like with the Incredibles), nor do I want both versions on the same DVD (Monsters Inc.). I'm hoping for widescreen only and since the press release only says widescreen, that gives me hope.
- John
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Pasta67 wrote:By the way, for those of you who can see it, on the spine of the DVD in the image, at the top, on the red part, does it say 2-disc set like on the front cover, or does it say something like widescreen and fullscreen?
Looks like the spine also says "2-Disc Set" to me.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

ichabod wrote:That is possibly, the worst, most boring, most horrific, most craptcularly, most mind poisoningly brain adling, most uninspiring, most "what boredom breeder designed that", most yawningly, most vomit inducing, most "table for one", most "did I leave my perosanality on the bus?", most "Has Eisner's brain cell suggested that", most "uuuuuuuuuuuuugggghhh", most "why do flies always try and fly through windows?", most "Is that what death reembodied in a DVD cover looks like", most "is the film public domain", most "My eyes are bleeding", most "I should really get that rask checked out", most cheesecake resembling, most "where did I leave my car keys", most Loomis in a dress, undeniably, atrociously, insignificantly, horrifying, (I wonder what the spelling and grammar check on MS Word would make of this sentence), most undesirably, awful cover in the history of humanity!
Oh, come, now. Even worse than this?

I personally think Toy Story's cover is very nice and classy. It's obviously more aimed at collectors and film fans than average Joes and soccer moms. I'm still unsure as whether or not I want to get this, though. Hopefully Luke's review will help me decide.
Enchantress
Special Edition

Post by Enchantress »

lol i dont think there could ever be a cover as bad as that lion king one :P. I don't think the TS cover looks too bad, it could look better, but its really the content that attracts me...looks like a good buy
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

Pasta67 wrote:By the way, for those of you who can see it, on the spine of the DVD in the image, at the top, on the red part, does it say 2-disc set like on the front cover, or does it say something like widescreen and fullscreen? I ask this because I really don't want widescreen or fullscreen versions released (like with the Incredibles), nor do I want both versions on the same DVD (Monsters Inc.). I'm hoping for widescreen only and since the press release only says widescreen, that gives me hope.
Same thoughts and I also see "2-Disc Set"; so let's hope Disney will just release ONE version in TS's OAR!
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Disneykid wrote:Oh, come, now. Even worse than this?

Actually I would say that is better than Toy Story. Anyway, that is a crappy sing a long songs dvd, whereas Toy Story is a 2 disc SE of one of the greatest and successful films of all time.

That cover is an abomination. And what's even worse if the fact that Buzz and Woody are cut and pasted from the old cover.

It's cheap!
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

Whoa! I just had some thinking inspiration! :P All right, you know how one of Toy Story's many accomplishments was that it took a very simple plot and made it an awesome movie? Maybe the cover is trying to reflect on that by making a very plain and simple cover. I'm brilliant! Either that or I'm overestimating PIXAR's strategy for making DVD covers. :P
- John
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Pasta67 wrote:Either that or I'm overestimating PIXAR's strategy for making DVD covers.
Well you're at least over crediting them for making the DVD covers! ;)
chaychay102royal
Anniversary Edition

Post by chaychay102royal »

ichabod wrote:That is possibly, the worst, most boring, most horrific, most craptcularly, most mind poisoningly, brain adling, most uninspiring, most "what boredom breeder designed that", most yawningly, most vomit inducing, most "table for one", most "did I leave my perosanality on the bus?", most "Has Eisner's brain cell suggested that", most "uuuuuuuuuuuuugggghhh", most "why do flies always try and fly through windows?", most "Is that what death reembodied in a DVD cover looks like", most "is the film public domain", most "My eyes are bleeding", most "I should really get that rash checked out", most cheesecake resembling, most "where did I leave my car keys", most Loomis in a dress, undeniably, atrociously, insignificantly, horrifying, (I wonder what the spelling and grammar check on MS Word would make of this sentence), most undesirably, awful cover in the history of humanity!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's oookay, but ichabod that was such a great list of horrid things! I was laughing soo hard! I love the "Loomis in a dress" and "Eisner's brain cell" comments more than any of the others.