DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:34 pm 
Limited Edition

Here's the scoop.

I'm going to pre-order all four 2003 Treasure Tins from Amazon (yes Luke, I'm using your affiliate link!) and I saw the details on their Share the Love Program.

Basically, I can give them e-mail addys and they send a notice to those people...if they order the same thing I did then they (YOU) can get 10% off the order. So ... $98.96 for all four tins (no shipping charge if you choose super saver shipping), less 10% means you pay around $89 for all four tins. You save $10 and I get a credit towards a future Amazon purchase.

If you would like me to include your e-mail, simply reply to this thread and I'll get your e-mail address and add it.

Luke, I hope this is okay...I'm not sure if this is something that's frowned upon, but my thoughts are that if folks can save $10 on those Tins and I get a small credit at Amazon at the same time it's good for both parties.

**Side Note - Luke, can I use the affiliate link and place items in my shopping cart overnight? I want to be sure you get credit for the order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:39 pm 
Site Admin

It's tricky to get the STL discount and affiliate link to work together. I think if you replace the referral code in the e-mail with our affiliate code (<b>thehomeimprovemz</b>), it should work.

Like if the link they give you is:

Code:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?tag=love102-20&path=stl/awejgageuag

you'd change it to:

Code:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?tag=thehomeimprovemz&path=stl/awejgageuag

(where whatever is after the stl is in the address they've sent you.

Or you can just try to get to Amazon through our site's Treasures links and then go to your Share the Love section. Though this seems to not give credit most of the time, I think.

No biggie either way - saving 10% is important. It's certainly acceptable; I've tried to start STL threads in the past.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:45 pm 
Limited Edition

hmmm...I'll try whatever I need to to get you credit.
Are you saying that when I get to the part of the order process where the STL optin is listed I can simply enter that URL instead?

[I am REALLY an idiot when it comes to these things so you may have to walk me through it]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:48 pm 
Site Admin

indianajdp wrote:
hmmm...I'll try whatever I need to to get you credit.
Are you saying that when I get to the part of the order process where the STL optin is listed I can simply enter that URL instead?

[I am REALLY an idiot when it comes to these things so you may have to walk me through it]

Well if you're just placing the order and sending out the love, you can just use my links to buy them, no problem there.

That's really only for people who are getting STL from you and ordering with the STL.

I'm sending you a PM with some e-mail addresses that want love on the Treasures, anyway.