German Pinocchio SE to include DTS

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
2099net
Signature Collection

German Pinocchio SE to include DTS

Post by 2099net »

...although I expect this to be German language only. However it's interesting that the UK R2 doesn't have a DTS track - even though English is the only soundtrack on the disc, and they've been putting them on recently (Return to Neverland, Lilo and Stitch, Sleeping Beauty 2 disc etc).

As with the rest of the current releases (UK, France, Australia, Japan) it's a single disc (so no Platinum status). It will be interesting to see if DTS is the only addition, or if any new supplements have slipped in.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
philipp616
Limited Issue

Post by philipp616 »

Here in Germany almost every new DVD from Disney has an additional dts Track (in german) but they are not really better than the DD Tracks.

The Picture Quality suffers a little because the dts track needs much space. I can tell you than no one needs THAT dts Tracks...
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

Yeah, to be honest...never understood the need for a DTS track (or a DD 5.1 track!) on a 63 year old film.
Maybe I'm denying the technology we have, but most of these things end up just being very front-heavy anyways.
Still, I wonder if I will have to buy another Pinocchio soon. I just bought one and while no one is putting a gun to my head, I do visit this site almost every day. I might have a tiny problem with Disney DVD addiction :oops:
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter