The Little Mermaid on Broadway

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Toky »

PatrickvD wrote:
DisneyJedi wrote:In Europe or on Broadway? :?
Europe.

The Netherlands to be specific.
But he's like If ever....so there is actually no time mentioned....I personally hope they'll decide to go for the Hunchback :) More mature and better music in my opinion

Besides it's like totally cool to see that Laura Vlasblom, who did the dutch voice of Ariel in the movie, still sounds like she did then :D
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Toky wrote:Besides it's like totally cool to see that Laura Vlasblom, who did the dutch voice of Ariel in the movie, still sounds like she did then :D
Yea she sounds like the perfect Duth sound-alike for Ariel!
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

Going to see this next sunday! So excited! :D
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

I've seen it twice now and really enjoyed myself both times. It's a small but fun production. The only part that seemed out of place was Les Poissons...

I've also seen the Broadway version in 2009 and well, that one will always be special to me, cuz it was my first Broadway musical (and first time in New York)... 8)
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

I saw the show yesterday and I really liked it. The pictures that are posted here really don't do the mermaid costumes justice. They look far better if you see the show in person. Even the pointy wigs didn't annoy me as much as I thought they would.

I also liked the fact that the human world was a giant storybook. I've seen the idea in some other shows as well, but I liked how the mermaid world was 'normal' and the human world was a storybook.

However I still don't like the costume for Flounder and the costumes for the sisters during 'She's in Love' (they basically wear glitterdresses. Without fins.) and the fact that they reference Spongebob :roll:

I also agree that Les Poissons doesn't really fit in the show.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

A cast recording CD will be released! :party: Though no release date yet.

Source: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 316&type=1
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Nice. Though I kind of think it'd make a little more sense to have the mermaid figure from the promo posters we kept on seeing as the cover art, or at least mermaid!Ariel. :P
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Yes, I totally agree ..... that picture makes no sense ! Especially as her hair isn't 'Ariel red', so isn't instantly recognisable as Mermaid anyway, especially as there is not even a Mermaid on the cover!
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

A cast recording? Great news!
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

They have new promo's on tv which makes it appear as if they changed her hair during the underwater scenes to the more free flowing look she also has on land, not sure if that's purely for the promo or if the pointy wigs have been ditched in the real show as well!
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

It's just for the promo's. The pointy wigs are still in the show.

I guess they think that people can't recognise Ariel in the promo's if she has pointy hair. :P
WillytheDino
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WillytheDino »

robster16 wrote:They have new promo's on tv which makes it appear as if they changed her hair during the underwater scenes to the more free flowing look she also has on land, not sure if that's purely for the promo or if the pointy wigs have been ditched in the real show as well!
This is the promo in question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAvQFJpaz7Y
'All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.' - Walt Disney
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

WillytheDino wrote:This is the promo in question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAvQFJpaz7Y
Also during a special event, undersea Ariel doesn't have pointy hair.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N2v3W8Hu2sY" frameborder="0"></iframe>
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I really wish Ariel's hair was 'Ariel red' and not this carrot colour they have going on. That annoys me more than the underwater wigs, as that is a directors vision, but having carrot coloured hair is just not right in my book!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

But can anyone in real life truly have natural hair as red as Ariel's?! Ever since I was little, I always found it weird people would say someone had red hair when it looked only orange to me.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Usually, real "red" hair is called auburn, whereas "red" usually refers to orange hair. I don't think Ariel's hair actually exists except through hair dye, but auburn is as close as it gets.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Disney Duster wrote:But can anyone in real life truly have natural hair as red as Ariel's?! Ever since I was little, I always found it weird people would say someone had red hair when it looked only orange to me.
Well considering the whole concept about Mermaids, I can further suspend my disbelief to have a RED haired Princess, over a carrot one ! :lol:
JustOneBite87
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JustOneBite87 »

The musical will be returning to America fairly soon in at least an off Broadway capacity. A teaser commercial was recently filmed and should be making its way to the internet fairly soon.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

JustOneBite87 wrote:The musical will be returning to America fairly soon in at least an off Broadway capacity. A teaser commercial was recently filmed and should be making its way to the internet fairly soon.
wow, where did you hear that ?! I can only hope it will come to the West End ..... The Little Mermaid is extremely popular over here. I mean, when the BFI cinema in London played all 50 of the Disney Classics in the run up to Tangled, The Little Mermaid was insanely popular; there was even a wait list for tickets!
JustOneBite87
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JustOneBite87 »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:
JustOneBite87 wrote:The musical will be returning to America fairly soon in at least an off Broadway capacity. A teaser commercial was recently filmed and should be making its way to the internet fairly soon.
wow, where did you hear that ?! I can only hope it will come to the West End ..... The Little Mermaid is extremely popular over here. I mean, when the BFI cinema in London played all 50 of the Disney Classics in the run up to Tangled, The Little Mermaid was insanely popular; there was even a wait list for tickets!
The commercial was filmed just the other week and put together very quickly. Disney actually reached out to a local Disney costume maker in Hollywood to supply the seashell bra and wig.

Keep your eyes open! :)