The Little Mermaid on Broadway

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

LITTLE MERMAID on Broadway--now sold out!

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

This story from Playbill.com:
Remainder of Little Mermaid's Broadway Run Sold Out
By Andrew Gans
18 Aug 2009

The final 16 Broadway performances of Disney's The Little Mermaid — which closes Aug. 30 at the Lunt-Fontanne — are completely sold out, according to an Aug. 18 press statement.

For those without tickets, cancellations and day-of standing room tickets are the only means of seeing the show.

Lines will form at the Lunt-Fontanne box office for cancellations; $26.50 standing-room locations are sold the day of the performance, in-person at the box office.

The cast currently features Chelsea Morgan Stock (Ariel), Faith Prince (Ursula), Drew Seeley (Prince Eric), Norm Lewis (King Triton), Rogelio Douglas Jr. (Sebastian), Eddie Korbich (Scuttle), Jonathan Freeman (Grimsby), Tyler Maynard (Flotsam), Eric LaJuan Summers (Jetsam), Robert Creighton (Chef Louis) and Major Curda and Brian D’Addario (alternating as Flounder).
Chelsea Morgan Stock as Ariel (copyright Joan Marcus)
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
amazon980
Gold Classic Collection

Post by amazon980 »

Britney Spears saw the show yesterday! She must of got some of last tickets 2! source http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/08/23 ... e-mermaid/
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

A class act through and through!
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Jim Hill did an article about this, stating that many aspects of the Disney company saw a rise in sales, including the Broadway show.

I wonder if the fact the show was closing inspired people to go see it...
ImageImageImageImage

goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

pap64 wrote:Jim Hill did an article about this, stating that many aspects of the Disney company saw a rise in sales, including the Broadway show.

I wonder if the fact the show was closing inspired people to go see it...
That's what I figured. I went to New York just to see it and a friend of mine recently went and was going to see the Emmy winner Billy Elliot, but decided on Mermaid instead because it is closing.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

goofystitch wrote:the Emmy winner Billy Elliot
That's "Tony", not "Emmy".
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

SpringHeelJack wrote:
lol.

Anyway, I kind of wanted to see this before it closed...

Damn.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

I have a bootleg vid. Trust me, it would just make you cry. Like it did to me.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

SpringHeelJack wrote:
I feel like an idiot. I really do know the difference. I watch the Tony's every year. lol.
SpringHeelJack wrote:I have a bootleg vid. Trust me, it would just make you cry. Like it did to me.
I had seen bootleg clips of it online and they do not do it justice. Also, most of the bootlegs are from the Denver version, which was A LOT different from the Broadway version. The show really was great.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

SpringHeelJack wrote:I have a bootleg vid. Trust me, it would just make you cry. Like it did to me.
In which way?

This:

:(
:cry:

Or:
:o :? :roll: :?
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

goofystitch wrote:Most of the bootlegs are from the Denver version, which was A LOT different from the Broadway version. The show really was great.
I have a Broadway boot. It is of good quality, technically speaking, in that you consistently have a good view of the stage and little blackouts. I doubt any more charm that might be gathered by seeing it physically would make me overlook the sub-par new songs and the lame ending alterations.
PeterPanFan wrote:In which way?
First the latter, then the former. Then over the loss of innocence.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

goofystitch wrote:
SpringHeelJack wrote: That's "Tony", not "Emmy".
I feel like an idiot. I really do know the difference. I watch the Tony's every year. lol.
This is in no way a reflection on the merits of having a Tony, but every time I see it mentioned anywhere, it always makes me think of what Karen said about them to James Earl Jones on "Will & Grace":

KAREN: Well, uh, can we get real for a second, honey. You are a big, gorgeous man with a dazzling smile and large sausage-like fingers. You don't need to act. Which brings me to my point. You can't.

JAMES: What? You gonna make me bring up my Tonys?

KAREN: Ugh, enough with those bowling trophies! Honey, that's an award they invented to keep gay men off the streets for a night. Let's face it, honey. You stink. Now, you haven't done anything good since "This is CNN."

:P

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

Hah! Love that episode. :D

But seriously I'm really thrilled for the cast of TLM. There's nothing like the rush of playing to a packed theatre. :)
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
ChrisLyne
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ChrisLyne »

I'm really looking forward to seeing this again. I loved the show in Denver and can't wait to see what's changed.

I fly out on Thursday and have tickets for Sunday. Took me a month of mega overtime to pay for it, but I'm sure it will be well worth it.

Still can't believe it's closing. Hopefully one of the international productions they've mentioned will be in the UK.
merbass
Gold Classic Collection

Post by merbass »

Can you recommend any good websites for good quality bootleg ? I saw it in March when i visited NY. I cant wait to see it again.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

merbass wrote:Can you recommend any good websites for good quality bootleg ? I saw it in March when i visited NY. I cant wait to see it again.
No... one has to cover one's self.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Mermaid's getting revised-
New versions of shows that already played on Broadway, including "The Little Mermaid," to be produced in three separate regional productions this summer. Meanwhile, for a Stage Entertainment incarnation readying to tour Europe, book writer Doug Wright is taking another pass at the script, while designer Crowley and helmer Glenn Casale step into roles filled on Broadway by George Tsypin and Francesca Zambello, respectively.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118033763?refCatId=19

I would like to see a revised version open on Broadway, hopefully with better success.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

UmbrellaFish wrote:Mermaid's getting revised-
New versions of shows that already played on Broadway, including "The Little Mermaid," to be produced in three separate regional productions this summer. Meanwhile, for a Stage Entertainment incarnation readying to tour Europe, book writer Doug Wright is taking another pass at the script, while designer Crowley and helmer Glenn Casale step into roles filled on Broadway by George Tsypin and Francesca Zambello, respectively.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118033763?refCatId=19

I would like to see a revised version open on Broadway, hopefully with better success.
I doubt it would re-open on Broadway any time soon, if at all. It's hardly worth the effort.

I look forward to seeing how they re-work the book. The one used on Broadway pretty much fell apart at the end.
monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

I'd love to see an Aida revival...best Disney musical so far IMO
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

You know...I was really wondering if they would re-do the book and, well, a lot of other things, because it was so not good before, and also because I think in the middle of the run they even changed how Ursula died (one being her magic necklace getting destroyed, the other being Ariel killing her with the trident?!).

It's very interesting that the original librettest is going to re-do the book, and try to make it better. I don't think I've ever heard of that or imagined they'd do that.

I hope they do a straighter more realism version of the show à la Beauty and the Beast. Well, since there's three productions, we actually could get three very different styles as well. I hope to see at least one very realism version, then.

But like Disney's Divinity said, whoever thought they could mess-up The Little Mermaid?