DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:51 am 
Limited Edition

jrboy wrote:
And we now have a coupon (blu-ray only)

Quote:
Good in U.S.A. and its territories, APOs and FPOs.
Limit two printed coupons per computer. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. For help, please call 1-800-723-4763
Promotion expires 10/31/2009. Available in US & Canada. While supplies last. See coupon for complete details.

thanks for letting us know jrboy! ;)

Last edited by Matt on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:48 pm 
Special Edition

I'm also looking forward for a coupon like anyone else.. but i don't think we will get one for Tink...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:01 pm 
Limited Edition

I never bought the first TB and am hoping somebody'll have a special combo deal on the 2 TB dvds. A coupon to go with a deal would be really great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:12 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

buffalobill wrote:
I never bought the first TB and am hoping somebody'll have a special combo deal on the 2 TB dvds. A coupon to go with a deal would be really great.

Amazon.com has one right now. If you buy both, you save $10. So far that's the only coupon I've seen for either film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:29 am 
Limited Edition

They must've changed the deal. I just checked Amazon & it's only a $5 savings when you buy both. I think I'll wait for the ads and see if Target, Wal Mart or BB has a combo deal. If none do then I'll order from Amazon if their deal is still good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:36 pm 
Limited Edition

Why would I want to rebuy a movie I already have just to save $5? Does Disney ever use their heads? Lol. I hope we get a $5 dollar deal off just the movie or the blu-ray combo pack is on sale at toysrus for $19.99 and I can use my $5 giftcard from toyrus. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:51 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Just my luck, I missed getting a free blu-ray of the new Tink movie from Amazon Vine today by just a few minutes, and that one they'll probably offer no coupons for... Snow WHite I managed to get from Vine though, even though I had already preordered it at Best Buy... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:39 am 
Special Edition

You'd figure a deal or coupon would be avaliable by now right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:28 pm 
Limited Edition

Nothing? lol

I've noticed at Toysrus, they have a promotion if you buy Tinker Bell The Lost Treasure and Snow White together you save $8 bucks.

I want a promo with Tinker Bell by it's self though! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:48 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I don't think Disney is going to have a coupon for Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure. They have never done coupons for direct-to-video releases and if they give out coupons for every single new release, when are they going to make money?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:31 pm 
Limited Edition

I hope they release a coupon. Sometimes they only do it 1-2 days in advance. You have to remember that only a select few people will actually use the coupons, so they're not losing that much money. Plus it barely costs anything to make a DVD anyway.

Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:09 pm 
Limited Edition

So I am guessing this will just be on sale the first week. Looks like Disney is just doing deals with this release if you buy Snow White. I hope we get a coupon before the release. I would even take $5 dollars lol. I do have my $5 gift card I got at toysrus when I bought Snow White so I will use that plus I do have $2.37 left on my company's gift card. So that will def help me out. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:53 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

kbehm29 wrote:
Plus it barely costs anything to make a DVD anyway.

A piece of plastic in a plastic case doesn't cost much, but producing the film itself cost a lot of money. And when you consider the fact that this film hasn't made any money yet, this DVD actually cost Disney a lot of money.

Snow White has already made Disney around $1,000,000 during it's lifetime, so offering $10 off to previous owners won't hurt them so much. Or sending out coupons for box-office bombs like the Jonas Brothers concert won't hurt them either, since they made some money in theaters and will sell more units that way. But the sequel to one of the most successful DTV films of all time? People will buy that without a coupon and to continue the series, it's best for Disney to make as much money off it as they can.

So I would be shocked if Disney ended up giving out a coupon for Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure. I'm guessing the only other film we will get a coupon for this year will be G-Force.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:41 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

goofystitch wrote:
I'm guessing the only other film we will get a coupon for this year will be G-Force.
I'll be quite pissed if there's no coupon for Up. I love that film but don't want to pay nearly $30 for the Blu-ray. :x

Cheers,
JM :thumb:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:37 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Just Myself wrote:
I'll be quite pissed if there's no coupon for Up. I love that film but don't want to pay nearly $30 for the Blu-ray. :x

Then prepare to be pissed. Disney doesn't do coupons for Pixar films. Stores might have a deal where you save money when you buy other Pixar films with it, but I would be surprised if any other form of coupon is offered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:45 pm 
Limited Edition

I've seen the Target & Best Buy ads and so far no one has a Tinker Bell + TB & The Lost Treasure combo deal on the same ticket. Maybe Wal Mart will but I doubt it. Looks like the lowest price on Lost Treasure will be $15.99 and everybody seems to be still charging $19.99 for the original TB. Seems all other dvds come down in price after a while but not Disney.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:47 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

buffalobill wrote:
Seems all other dvds come down in price after a while but not Disney.

Disney holds their animated films to higher standards than other studios. While most of Disney's live action films eventually end up discounted, only the poor selling animated films end up with low SRPs, and usually not until several years later. If you really want to build up a Disney DVD collection cheaply, Disney Movie Club is your friend. Their routine discounts and sales make it easy to get all the titles you want. I've been a happy member since 2004.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:35 pm 
Limited Edition

Quote:
Limit two printed coupons per computer. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. For help, please call 1-800-723-4763
Promotion expires 10/31/2009. Available in US & Canada. While supplies last. See coupon for complete details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:49 am 
Platinum Edition

jrboy wrote:

Quote:

Thanks....this might mean there's hope for a coupon for UP though I won't get my hopes UP about it (no pun intended :P )

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:49 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

jrboy wrote:

Quote:

Thanks. I've taken to buying the combo pack when the DVD is only one disc (or severely discounted like SW) because it end up being cheaper in the long run.