DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:58 pm 

Does anyone know if there is a DVD release of Kniga Masterov (Book Of Masters) with English subtitles?
I see a region 5 DVD on line but I can't find any technical specs.
Also does anyone know a decent site to order a copy from. I've seen it on E-bay, but thats always a bit risky.
Thanks Much

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:06 am 
Gold Collection

Hi jckdsnyfan

There may or may not be an answer soon. Disney has just announced a new banner to release their foreign films on DVD. The good news is their Indian and Chinese language films are up for pre order! The not so good news is that their is still no mention of 'The Book of Masters' Disneys Russian film. Also I have emailed Disney and it has just been like going around in circles...The reps dont seem to know or care much about it..(no offense to reps btw)
I would have thought Disneys first Russian film might have at least registered as a blip on their radar? But it doesnt star Selena Gomez, Disney channel star or any of the other refugees from an MK ultra mind control programme so it doesnt seem to register.
Also Im speculating that quite possibly there is a large enough asian demographic to generate interest for domestic sales...Perhaps they think a russian film wont generate much interest. But it is still early days and I think its great disney have made these films available.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:02 pm 

Thanks for the update - I did get the 3 Indian titles from the new World Cinema line. No extras but at least they have the original language tracks and English subtitles. Here's hoping Book Of Masters leads the 3rd wave - along with the 2 German Hexi Lilli movies. I was going to get those but the German DVDs (and Blu Ray) lack the subtitles unfortunately.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:19 pm 
Gold Collection

Does anyone know where it is possible to get ANY dvd copy of Book of Masters? Subtitled or not, at this stage it doesn't matter..it looks as if Disneys World Cinema line crashed and burned before it even begun...any tips would be truly appreciated..

On another note even though Disney International was disbanded some locally produced content may still be happening...Disney UTV in India have two or three Disney branded productions coming out next year...the first will be called Peekay....( bollywood movie)
Also the Disney Middle East film filmed in Jordan called The United did eventually find a release under the touchstone banner there...It was shelved when Disney International was disbanded...however it has found a life of its own and is getting well received....