If you HAD to greenlight a sequel to a Disney classic, which one (and why)?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

If you HAD to greenlight a sequel to a Disney classic, which one (and why)?

Post by The Disneynerd »

O
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
reee9948
Gold Classic Collection

Re: If you HAD to greenlight a sequel to a Disney classic, which one (and why)?

Post by reee9948 »

Bambi because it's based on a book and that book had a sequel with Bambi and his children.

A Sleeping Beauty sequel would also be nice because I really love the dreamy, melancholic, fairy tale vibes of the movie and I would love to be brought back into that world again. I also love their soundtrack and songs so I'm curious on how Walt and his team would've composed the music since the Sleeping Beauty music is based on Tchaikovsky.

I can't trust Disney today to make the sequel they would make Aurora quirky and not like other girls and put some pop songs in their movies even though it wouldn't match the vibes and setting of the movie.
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

reee9948 wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:24 pm Bambi because it's based on a book and that book had a sequel with Bambi and his children.

A Sleeping Beauty sequel would also be nice because I really love the dreamy, melancholic, fairy tale vibes of the movie and I would love to be brought back into that world again. I also love their soundtrack and songs so I'm curious on how Walt and his team would've composed the music since the Sleeping Beauty music is based on Tchaikovsky.

I can't trust Disney today to make the sequel they would make Aurora quirky and not like other girls and put some pop songs in their movies even though it wouldn't match the vibes and setting of the movie.
Yes, this. I'd love to see more of the Sleeping Beauty world but I would not expect it would ever be like the original. Visuals would be off, probably not widescreen, and they'd buthcer the music and not use Tchaikovsky. Probably pop songs. Worst of all would be what's done to Aurora. Making her NLOGs and clumsy/adorkable to be relatable and probably insert some action sequences for her as well.

Bambi is a good choice for a sequel cuz of the sequel book. Would be interested in seeing Pinocchio 2 or Dumbo 2. Dumbo 2 being about his life as a star with Timothy as his manager like the ending of the first one shows us.

Also Beauty and the beast, meaning an actual sequel on what happens to Belle and Adam in their lives after happily ever after. Not another midquel.

Or Tarzan 2 with him going to England with Jane and maybe learning he is Clayton's relative and heir to a fortune. Something not a midquel like the Tarzan 2 we got.

Fox and the Hound 2 about Todd and Copper's kids becoming friends and redeeming the sins of the parent and healing that breach.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Disneyโ€™s Dinosaur 2, Along with many other sequels (According to a Jim Hill article I read almost 20 years ago, Disney did plan on having Dinosaur Be their own Land before time, Which they still should do to capitalize on that as well as the Jurassic movies, EH? But apparently itโ€™s because it unfortunately didnโ€™t do as well as they were hoping :(
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

The French Sleeping Beauty fairy tale actually continued beyond the happily ever after with the Prince bringing his new princess bride to his kingdom and his half ogress mother the queen tries to eat the princess and her kids while the Prince is away at war. I always thought they could do a sequel where Phillip goes back to his kingdom with Aurora and he learns from Hubert his mother was really Maleficent and she returns from the dead and tries to kill Aurora and her kids.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Pocahontas II. Mainly because Pocahontas needed a sequel to show what happened afterwards, for it`s unhappy ending.
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:10 pm The French Sleeping Beauty fairy tale actually continued beyond the happily ever after with the Prince bringing his new princess bride to his kingdom and his half ogress mother the queen tries to eat the princess and her kids while the Prince is away at war. I always thought they could do a sequel where Phillip goes back to his kingdom with Aurora and he learns from Hubert his mother was really Maleficent and she returns from the dead and tries to kill Aurora and her kids.
This sounds like a good idea but I don't like Maleficnet being Phillips mother. I think that doesn't make sense. All that time she held him captive it never came up??? Or Hubert never mentions she's his wife in the opening scene? King and queen would feel comfortable marrying into her family? :huh:
I think the half ogress mother should be the villain who hates Aurora or wants to eat her so she uses some magic spell or dark ritual to bring back Maleficent (like Kh2 did with the cloak) so Maleficent can do the job so Phillip won't blame his mom. That way u get Maleficent back but no weird family twist.

This is a storybook I've read where Maleficent really does come back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ7toTx-ygA
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Patricier21 wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:18 pm Disneyโ€™s Dinosaur 2, Along with many other sequels (According to a Jim Hill article I read almost 20 years ago, Disney did plan on having Dinosaur Be their own Land before time, Which they still should do to capitalize on that as well as the Jurassic movies, EH? But apparently itโ€™s because it unfortunately didnโ€™t do as well as they were hoping :(
Really? :) Why did you want a sequel to Dinosaur? I`m just curious :)
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

DisneyFan09 wrote: โ†‘Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:14 pm
Patricier21 wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:18 pm Disneyโ€™s Dinosaur 2, Along with many other sequels (According to a Jim Hill article I read almost 20 years ago, Disney did plan on having Dinosaur Be their own Land before time, Which they still should do to capitalize on that as well as the Jurassic movies, EH? But apparently itโ€™s because it unfortunately didnโ€™t do as well as they were hoping :(
Because itโ€™s my favourite out of all the Walt Disney feature animated movies :-) my mom and I love this movie, and Iโ€™ve always loved dinosaurs, as well as obviously the aforementioned land before time, and the story and morality is so good, and itโ€™s just a world that along with a bugs life I would love to see more of. Theyโ€™re both definitely the most underrated Disney movies, so itโ€™s nice to see a bugs life going up in popularity as time goes on, and even dinosaur itself here has some decent Fans growing as well :-) itโ€™s actually the ultimate Disney movie, as itโ€™s not only a feature animated movie, but itโ€™s also a Live action remake of the rite of spring passage from the original Fantasia, and itโ€™s also based on a Disney theme park ride of countdown to extinction :-) It actually feels very well balanced as a movie as well, as itโ€™s able to handle the humour and intensity and realism, let alone the fact that those Carnotaurus are literally the scariest villains that Disney has ever made!
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

Patricier21 wrote: โ†‘Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:51 pm
DisneyFan09 wrote: โ†‘Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:14 pm
Because itโ€™s my favourite out of all the Walt Disney feature animated movies :-) my mom and I love this movie, and Iโ€™ve always loved dinosaurs, as well as obviously the aforementioned land before time, and the story and morality is so good, and itโ€™s just a world that along with a bugs life I would love to see more of. Theyโ€™re both definitely the most underrated Disney movies, so itโ€™s nice to see a bugs life going up in popularity as time goes on, and even dinosaur itself here has some decent Fans growing as well :-) itโ€™s actually the ultimate Disney movie, as itโ€™s not only a feature animated movie, but itโ€™s also a Live action remake of the rite of spring passage from the original Fantasia, and itโ€™s also based on a Disney theme park ride of countdown to extinction :-) It actually feels very well balanced as a movie as well, as itโ€™s able to handle the humour and intensity and realism, let alone the fact that those Carnotaurus are literally the scariest villains that Disney has ever made!
I love your passion for Dinosaur. I have seen this movie and while it's not my fav I do think its great with a heartwarming message. Back when I used to go to Disney theme parks before I refused to give this company $$$ I remember going on the Dinosaur ride and loving it. The villain dinosaur was really scary to me in both the movie and especially the ride. I thought it made a lot of $$$ so how come no more sequels were made?? This Dinosaur film was better than anything Disney churns out today especially now that I read that article set exposing the truth about woke Disney.
A Bugs Life is also a great movie and deserves more love.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

twihard wrote: โ†‘Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:02 pmThis sounds like a good idea but I don't like Maleficnet being Phillips mother. I think that doesn't make sense. All that time she held him captive it never came up??? Or Hubert never mentions she's his wife in the opening scene? King and queen would feel comfortable marrying into her family? :huh:
I think the half ogress mother should be the villain who hates Aurora or wants to eat her so she uses some magic spell or dark ritual to bring back Maleficent (like Kh2 did with the cloak) so Maleficent can do the job so Phillip won't blame his mom. That way u get Maleficent back but no weird family twist.

Maleficent would secretly be his mother. She didn't want him to know, she didn't want it to be true, she never told him, and Hubert felt the same way.

I have seen that Sleeping Beauty spooky story. I am not a fan lol.
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:12 pm
twihard wrote: โ†‘Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:02 pmThis sounds like a good idea but I don't like Maleficnet being Phillips mother. I think that doesn't make sense. All that time she held him captive it never came up??? Or Hubert never mentions she's his wife in the opening scene? King and queen would feel comfortable marrying into her family? :huh:

Maleficent would secretly be his mother. She didn't want him to know, she didn't want it to be true, she never told him, and Hubert felt the same way.

I have seen that Sleeping Beauty spooky story. I am not a fan lol.
Lol the part about she didn't want it to be true makes me imagine Maleficent having a drunken night out that she regrets. She wakes up the next morning to find Hubert in her bed .9 months later drops off the baby from that fateful night. :lol:

I don't know who I would judge more from that encounter. Hubert for sleeping with Maleficent or Maleficent for sleeping with Hubert. rotfl
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

There's supposedly enough unused material recorded for Aladdin of Robin Williams to make another movie. I don't know if they could make it work from a narrative perspective, but I'd love to see more from the genie.

Supposedly they aren't allowed to use said material until 20 years after his death, which would put us at 2034 I guess. But that date will be here eventually.
I dont think Eric Goldberg will still be around by then though.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

twihard wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:04 pm I think I read it while browsing posts and threads on here. After Jungle Book was a huge success, Disney thought about making a sequel. Especially after Walt died and they didn't know what to do. Disney released a record with new Jungle book songs to see if there was public interest but the record flopped and Disney figured from that that there was no interest.
https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/More_Jun ... and_Mowgli
Thank u so much for sharing, twihard! Never knew of this! I read the description and the potential story seems to be lackluster however, they did a way better job in the cheapquel, giving Mowgli personal or realistic reasons to leave the village behind. Also Baloo having to learn the same lesson from the first one over again...meh. Also it seems there was no Shir Khan.

Also WOW. apparently the Cheapquels were partly produced by WDAS themselves. Wow.
The Jungle Book 2ย is aย 2003ย American animated musical fantasy adventure film produced by theย Disneytoon Studiosย in Sydney,ย Australiaย as well asย Walt Disney Animation Studiosย in Paris, France and was released byย Walt Disney Picturesย andย Buena Vista Pictures Distribution
The irony that DtV (i know tJB2 was theatrical gurls) sequels were partly produced by WDAS, while Enchanted needed another studio.

I randomly watched Jungle Book 2 last night after like 10 years and and it was likable enough, but still so stupid how all the others like Shanti and the baby could perfectly understand all the animals....i thought it was Mowglis thing because he was literally raised by them. :eyebrow:
twihard wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:24 pm Dumbo 2 being about his life as a star with Timothy as his manager like the ending of the first one shows us.
This would be actually really interesting. Would be a worthy sequel seeing the bad side of fame after Dumbos success, how it maybe changes Dumbo or Timothy and how they need the other to get back on track. The emotional stakes would be high. Maybe after a long time in the spotlight, Dumbo and Timothy learn that its the best to live a normal grounded life in the wild and leave the Circus at the end with Mother Jumbo.

I would have also greenlighted a Jungle Book sequel as the book was also in 2 parts, but now unnecassary since the Cheapquel already exists
Patricier21 wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:18 pm Disneyโ€™s Dinosaur 2, Along with many other sequels (According to a Jim Hill article I read almost 20 years ago, Disney did plan on having Dinosaur Be their own Land before time, Which they still should do to capitalize on that as well as the Jurassic movies, EH? But apparently itโ€™s because it unfortunately didnโ€™t do as well as they were hoping
Still so weird that they havent even done DtV sequels for it, as Dinosaur was Disneys biggest financial hit in the 2000s. They were probably expecting Lion King numbers but it was still a solid success. So weird as Dinosaur had a smaller budget than Chicken Little, plus chicken Little did a bit less in the Box office than it and STILL got labled as a Hit, maybe the DVDs were selling better idk. :|

I guess ultimately i would greenlight the dumbo sequel with the fame too.
Kyle wrote: โ†‘Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:31 am There's supposedly enough unused material recorded for Aladdin of Robin Williams to make another movie. I don't know if they could make it work from a narrative perspective, but I'd love to see more from the genie.

Supposedly they aren't allowed to use said material until 20 years after his death, which would put us at 2034 I guess. But that date will be here eventually.
I dont think Eric Goldberg will still be around by then though.
interesting :) but im a bit confused as how they managed to use his voice material for the OuaS short then :|
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:43 am Interesting :) but im a bit confused as how they managed to use his voice material for the OuaS short then :|
You know, so am I. My only guess is that they were able to circumvent that by getting his daughter Zelda's approval for it. Since they did have her go-ahead, they didn't need to wait for the agreement to expire.

Its also possible it applies more to a feature? I'm not sure.
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:43 am
twihard wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:04 pm I think I read it while browsing posts and threads on here. After Jungle Book was a huge success, Disney thought about making a sequel. Especially after Walt died and they didn't know what to do. Disney released a record with new Jungle book songs to see if there was public interest but the record flopped and Disney figured from that that there was no interest.
https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/More_Jun ... and_Mowgli
Thank u so much for sharing, twihard! Never knew of this! I read the description and the potential story seems to be lackluster however, they did a way better job in the cheapquel, giving Mowgli personal or realistic reasons to leave the village behind. Also Baloo having to learn the same lesson from the first one over again...meh. Also it seems there was no Shir Khan.

Also WOW. apparently the Cheapquels were partly produced by WDAS themselves. Wow.
The Jungle Book 2ย is aย 2003ย American animated musical fantasy adventure film produced by theย Disneytoon Studiosย in Sydney,ย Australiaย as well asย Walt Disney Animation Studiosย in Paris, France and was released byย Walt Disney Picturesย andย Buena Vista Pictures Distribution
The irony that DtV (i know tJB2 was theatrical gurls) sequels were partly produced by WDAS, while Enchanted needed another studio.

I randomly watched Jungle Book 2 last night after like 10 years and and it was likable enough, but still so stupid how all the others like Shanti and the baby could perfectly understand all the animals....i thought it was Mowglis thing because he was literally raised by them. :eyebrow:
twihard wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:24 pm Dumbo 2 being about his life as a star with Timothy as his manager like the ending of the first one shows us.
This would be actually really interesting. Would be a worthy sequel seeing the bad side of fame after Dumbos success, how it maybe changes Dumbo or Timothy and how they need the other to get back on track. The emotional stakes would be high. Maybe after a long time in the spotlight, Dumbo and Timothy learn that its the best to live a normal grounded life in the wild and leave the Circus at the end with Mother Jumbo.

I would have also greenlighted a Jungle Book sequel as the book was also in 2 parts, but now unnecassary since the Cheapquel already exists
Patricier21 wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:18 pm Disneyโ€™s Dinosaur 2, Along with many other sequels (According to a Jim Hill article I read almost 20 years ago, Disney did plan on having Dinosaur Be their own Land before time, Which they still should do to capitalize on that as well as the Jurassic movies, EH? But apparently itโ€™s because it unfortunately didnโ€™t do as well as they were hoping
Still so weird that they havent even done DtV sequels for it, as Dinosaur was Disneys biggest financial hit in the 2000s. They were probably expecting Lion King numbers but it was still a solid success. So weird as Dinosaur had a smaller budget than Chicken Little, plus chicken Little did a bit less in the Box office than it and STILL got labled as a Hit, maybe the DVDs were selling better idk. :|

I guess ultimately i would greenlight the dumbo sequel with the fame too.
Glad you liked it. I wonder if maybe Disney thought Shere Khan had died from the fire so they didn't bring him back in their original sequel idea. I think the sequel's lack of story was modeled on the original since that was so successful without a story.

speaking of Enchanted, I never liked the animation much. Amy Adams was fun and Susan Sarandon brilliant, truly one of the great actresses of the screen. But animation wise it looks cheap to me and kinda like discount Disney. I like the Art Deco theme but the characters seem off. animals are too cartoony and Giselle has a very pointy face like knockoff Disney animators are making her not knowing the style. Aurora was angular but she still looked real. didn't know it wasn't animated by Disney so maybe that explains it.

Wow I never questioned how Shanti and everyone can understand the animals. That's a good point. I think it's like how Jane and her father can suddenly talk to Terk and Tantor and viceversa in the Tarzan tv series while in the movie they have to make gorilla sounds.

Dumbo is such an adorable baby that I can't imagine fame corrupting him or I hope it wouldn't anyway. But I can see Hollywood execs being sleazy and trying to exploit him for fame. I love the idea that at the end they'd all leave and go back to the jungle where they're safe and happy. I don't like the remakes but I did watch the Dumbo one and I loved the ending of returning to the wild.
There was a Dumbo 2 but it got cancelled. And I think it was more like one of the Winnie the Pooh movies meaning it was really for small kids and babies. About Dumbo and his circus friends (other baby animals) getting lost at a stop and finding a way back home. They even had a sneak peek bonus feature on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96bAjQdtLwU

Dinosuar had a smaller budget than Chicken Little??? :shock: crazy I thought Dinosaur would cost more. It looks like it would cost more with those backgrounds and special effects. I know Dinosaur was a hit but I didn't realize it was their biggest until I guess Tangled. Or that Chicken Little was almost as big a hit as Dinosaur. no wonder Disney moved to CGI only films if only their CGI movies were becoming hits. Dinosaur kinda had to be CGI since its all about the effects looking real and I think Chicken Little probably wouldn't have made as much money if it was hand-drawn. I also wonder if Chicken Little sold better on DVD or not
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I think they didnt do a dinosaur followup because it was kind of a stop gap movie. They didnt know yet if they wanted to fully dive into a CG movie, so they tried doing it with live action background plates. After that they were ready to fully transition to 3D. I guess you could ask why they didnt simply just make a full CG followup, but I think they were just ready for a clean slate.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Well twihard, those are.certainly kinks in the story of Maleficent and Hubert I'd have to work out.

And it was art nouveau, not art deco that was Enchanted's fairy tale style.

Dumbo is way too innocent and good to he corrupted by fame, Disneynerd!
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:22 pm Dumbo is way too innocent and good to he corrupted by fame, Disneynerd!
Thats the thing, hes probably the most innocent creature in disney history, so her could be pushed around by evil investors or something easily, and Dumbo staying sweet but also being drawn by the attention and love he gets around the world. Either Mam Jumbo or Timothy pull him away from it, and Dumbo getting angry at them, thinking they are just jealous or want to take his pride away, pushing them away, and later on learns how lonely the life of fame can be and wants to get out of there, back to Timothy and Mom, then there can be a big showdown with the Investors getting angry any capturing T & Jumbo to get him back or something

But the important thing for me is to make sure that Dumbo doesnt talk, it was his charm and would be weird seeing him talk. Also I would Set the sequel only a few months or 1 year after the first.

Now that I think about it, it kinda reminds me of Disneys cancelled Wild Life movie, but who cares, its the same Studio and basically noone knows of its existence.
Last edited by The Disneynerd on Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Patricier21 wrote: โ†‘Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:51 pm Because itโ€™s my favourite out of all the Walt Disney feature animated movies :-) my mom and I love this movie, and Iโ€™ve always loved dinosaurs, as well as obviously the aforementioned land before time, and the story and morality is so good, and itโ€™s just a world that along with a bugs life I would love to see more of. Theyโ€™re both definitely the most underrated Disney movies, so itโ€™s nice to see a bugs life going up in popularity as time goes on, and even dinosaur itself here has some decent Fans growing as well :-) itโ€™s actually the ultimate Disney movie, as itโ€™s not only a feature animated movie, but itโ€™s also a Live action remake of the rite of spring passage from the original Fantasia, and itโ€™s also based on a Disney theme park ride of countdown to extinction :-) It actually feels very well balanced as a movie as well, as itโ€™s able to handle the humour and intensity and realism, let alone the fact that those Carnotaurus are literally the scariest villains that Disney has ever made!
Nice :) There`s nothing wrong by loving that movie. I love it, too. Despite how I was a little underwhelmed by it when I saw it the first time, the movie has grown on me and has actually become one of my favorites. Sure, the story is a little derivative and could`ve been more expanded and some of the anachronisms feels out of place. But I still love it for all of it`s strengths: Music and visuals.