Will Disney celebrate it's 105th Anniversary in 2028?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DEEcat98

Will Disney celebrate it's 105th Anniversary in 2028?

Post by DEEcat98 »

Four years from now, it will be 105 years of Disney.

Since we've had Disney celebrating their 100th Anniversary during last year (although, they're currently continuing that until July of this year), do any of you think Disney will do this kind of year round celebration again in the next several years where they celebrate their 105th Anniversary?

Will they release a new animated movie in 2028 that would celebrate Disney 105 like how Ralph Breaks the Internet celebrated Disney 95 and Wish celebrated Disney 100?

and not only will 2028 be Disney's 105th Anniversary, it will also be their mascot, Mickey's 100th Anniversary, and because of that, will they do something special for Mickey's 100th Anniversary such as a hopeful Mickey 100th short film?
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Re: Will Disney celebrate it's 105th Anniversary in 2028?

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

DEEcat98 wrote: โ†‘Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:06 pm Four years from now, it will be 105 years of Disney.

Since we've had Disney celebrating their 100th Anniversary during last year (although, they're currently continuing that until July of this year), do any of you think Disney will do this kind of year round celebration again in the next several years where they celebrate their 105th Anniversary?

Will they release a new animated movie in 2028 that would celebrate Disney 105 like how Ralph Breaks the Internet celebrated Disney 95 and Wish celebrated Disney 100?

and not only will 2028 be Disney's 105th Anniversary, it will also be their mascot, Mickey's 100th Anniversary, and because of that, will they do something special for Mickey's 100th Anniversary such as a hopeful Mickey 100th short film?
Or a Mickey Mouse full-length movie too?
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I would assume Mickey and Minnieโ€™s 100th would be the emphasis in 2028.

In my opinion, the โ€œcelebrationsโ€ for Walt Disney Worldโ€™s 50th and the Companyโ€™s 100th left much to be desired. I hope they do better with Mickey and Minnieโ€™s 100th.

To me the standard for Disney anniversaries that I personally experienced was Disneylandโ€™s 50th in 2005. It was pretty spectacular.

I would hope they will rerelease nationally in theaters, even if itโ€™s just for 2-3 days a la Fathom Events Big Screen Classics....Walt Disneyโ€™s Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs for its 90th Anniversary in 2027. My boyfriend has never seen it and Iโ€™d love to see it with him as it was meant to be seen. Heโ€™s not a big Disney movie fan (he does admire Walt and the parks) so Iโ€™d like for him to experience it in the most impressive way possible.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

I dont think so. 105 isnt such a special number. Its in my book equivalent to an 95th anniversary and thats also no real Milestone. Although 110 also sounds pretty, 150 will probably be the next BIG disney celebration, but we will probably all be dead by then. :P

But I agree that 2028 will most likely be a Mickey celebration. They will at least do a short for him. An official WDAS movie wouldnt also feel out of place, since they have done a couple with him already in the 40s, so i would really welcome that. But just about Mickey and his gang, no "all Disney characters" kinda thing like in OuaS.
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

Oh I hope not . . .

At some point, there seems to be celebration fatigue with all of these milestones . . . I remember when they celebrated 100 years of Walt Disney back in 2001 or 2002 and I overheard someone with last years 100 year celebration complaining about that, along the lines of "Wait, I thought 100 years was like 20 years ago?" At some point, explaining "no, that was Walt Disney himself, this is the Walt Disney COMPANY" starts to ring hollow and it becomes apparent that the company is milking anything they can as a cash grab. It feels greedy, not nostalgic, which I think contributed to why the last few have been dismal failures.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

When the plans to celebrate the studioโ€™s 100th were announced, I was a little surprised. I canโ€™t remember another time when there was a company-wide celebration of the founding of the studios. Itโ€™s definitely been observed before with TV specials and commemorative pins and such, but I thinkโ€” and I could be wrongโ€” the recent centennial was the first time it was promoted so heavily and for an entire year. You mention Ralph Breaks the Internet celebrated the studioโ€™s 95th anniversaryโ€” but was it promoted as such? I do not remember reading that at the time, but perhaps it was intended that way.

So I think itโ€™s more likely Disney will celebrate Mickeyโ€™s 100th anniversary in 2028. Disney has celebrated Mickeyโ€™s anniversary many times over the past 95 years with special cartoons, TV specials, theme park experiencesโ€” thereโ€™s no way theyโ€™re going to pass up an opportunity to fete the Mouse at 100. Probably a TV special with lots of celebrities and lots of things at the parksโ€” I doubt there will be much more than that.

I agree with RyGuy though that thereโ€™s a little bit of anniversary fatigue. Casual fans are probably also confused to see Disney celebrate a 50th anniversary in 2021 and then a 100th anniversary in 2023, perhaps not realizing the former was to celebrate WDW and the latter to celebrate the Disney Studios. I am all for anniversary extravaganzas if they really feel special, but the last two anniversaries celebrations have been unimpressive which makes them feel like cash grabs. Just excuses to buy merch of Mickey and friends in platinum-colored clothes. There have been bright spotsโ€” I enjoyed โ€œOnce Upon a Studio,โ€ but I hope Mickeyโ€™s 100th anniversary really celebrates the history of Mickey and the idea that โ€œit all started with a mouse.โ€ (Actually, that was one of the strangest things about the recent centennialโ€ฆ I was aware the Disney Studios had been founded long before the introduction of Mickey Mouse, but company mythology has long told us Disney history didnโ€™t really begin until Mickey Mouse. It felt strange celebrating 100 years of Disney when those first couple years were spent making Alice comedies and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit)
DEEcat98

Post by DEEcat98 »

As much as I would be down to see Disney do something really special for Mickey in 2028 to celebrate 100 years of Mickey, I honestly want to see Disney do a new non sequel animated movie from Disney Animation for 2028 just as something for 105 years of the Disney company being around.

So I really hope that 2028 will have Disney give us a new Mickey Mouse short film for Mickey 100 and then a new non sequel animated movie that is either based on a fairy tale (since Disney hasn't done any new fairy tale adaptations since Frozen (yes, Frozen counts as one since the Frozen movies are loosely based on The Snow Queen) or an original IP.

Plus, if you look at Disney's 100 celebration, you'll notice that the Disney 100 merchandise has something to do with silver, so if Disney not only celebrates Mickey 100 but also celebrates Disney 105 for 2028, they might do Disney 105 merchandise be gold based.
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

Wasn't their 100th anniversary embarrassing enough lol??? rotfl
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

They'll probably celebrate it, but not on the same scale as with the 100th. 100 is a more special anniversary, but Disney still celebrates the lesser anniversaries, too, when they can.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"