A TV show episode that has a reference to the 1964 Disney musical film "Mary Poppins"

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
John Sulu

A TV show episode that has a reference to the 1964 Disney musical film "Mary Poppins"

Post by John Sulu »

A TV show episode that has a reference to the 1964 Disney musical film "Mary Poppins" is "A Musical to Remember" from "The Really Loud House" (which is the live-action series adaptation of "The Loud House") where Rita Loud is dressed as the title character who is a babysitter and Lynn Loud Sr. is dressed as Bert who is the jack of all trades in which they sing and perform the song "Two Parents Full of Talent".
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Re: A TV show episode that has a reference to the 1964 Disney musical film "Mary Poppins"

Post by carolinakid »

John,
There are 2 Mary Poppins references on Gilliganโ€™s Island .

Season 2 Episode 29 from April 1966 called The Friendly Physician

Season 3 Episode 13 from December 1966 called And Then There Were None

Mrs Howell actually portrays โ€œMary Puffinsโ€ in this episode
Last edited by carolinakid on Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RyGuy
Special Edition

Re: A TV show episode that has a reference to the 1964 Disney musical film "Mary Poppins"

Post by RyGuy »

There also was an episode of Big Bang Theory (S12 E6) where Howard and Bernadette dressed up as Bert and Mary Poppins for Halloween
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

The Simpsons also had an episode dedicated to her called "Simpsonscalifragilisticexpialagruntious" or something, season 8 Episode 13, she was called Shary Bobbins lol. I remember really liking that Episode

Also on this occasion im just gonna say that I love the Anne Hathaway Poppins SNL skit lol :P https://youtu.be/7eBG8JIGugw?si=r0ij1anMyWw4-cHu

Also, do we have an official thread for more disney references in movie/series Media? Would be fun :)
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink: