Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2019-Present

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
VanessaFan
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2019-Present

Post by VanessaFan »

Kinda underwhelming with these releases. Not only cover-wise, but also, why not release a 4K Disc with it? All of those have had a 4K release. Also, why not take the 10 best selling Disney titles and make a grand 100th release out of those? Kinda like the Walt Disney Platinum Editions DVDs. But I guess these are based on the best streaming movies on Disney+ now. :roll: Hopefully, Disney will release a few more than these titles.
Vote for YOUR favorite Disney movie here:
https://www.fanpop.com/clubs/walt-disne ... sics-movie
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

These look underwhelming, but it looks like the upcoming Mickey and Minnie release that was supposed to be a DMC exclusive will be a wide release after all, and will also be available with an exclusive pin at Walmart.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Best Buy will release exclusive steelbooks for some of the movies:

There'll probably be more movies, they all look dreadfully cheap in my opinion.
Jäger-Rose
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jäger-Rose »

I mean... I'm really excited for those classic shorts releases and praying for a release of a complete collection (which is obviously never gonna happen for whatever reason). Hopefully we get more info on that soon.
But those movie re-releases... ugh :| I kinda like the idea of the Steelbook design but not the execution. And those other, regular editions... no comment. :roll: haha
Image Image Image Image Image
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I like the sketch designs of the characters in the steelbooks, but tbh I've never been a big fan of steelbooks to begin with. :shrug: :shrug: They've always looked kind of hollow to me.

I'm going to pass on all of these (even the Mickey release, I'm getting from DMC), but I kind of hope others pick some of these up, and show Disney that there's still a market for home video.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I really like the design on Frozen's steelbook. But other than that, these releases seem so random, to be honest. :lol: They have nothing new, except a new-ish cover design and some pins. Nothing celebratory or worthy of a new purchase.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Disney Announces New Special Edition Movie Re-Releases and SteelBooks for Disney100
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... teelbooks/
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Cinderella 4K steelbook on August 1, Snow White in October. Wonder if they will include anything new and worthwhile
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Farerb wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:40 am Image
If you and or anyone else please let me know what this exclusive bonus featurette is including what all the special features are/any differences between the previous diamond and signature Blu-rays etc. it would be truly gratefully appreciated :-)
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

The new bonus feature is In Walt's Words: Peter Pan:

I don't know if it's like Bambi and Cinderella, or the other films (5 minutes of Walt talking about the film).
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I ordered them both :D I really dislike the fact that they only say "Disney" on the cover. I liked it a lot better when it said "Walt Disney's" and then the movie's title.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

YEAH BABY! So happy about TSitS!!! :pink: :pink: :pink: I knew its fixed restoration would get a release eventually. Just didn't think it would be so soon. Thank God, between this and Cinderella. :dance: And with the original poster, too. :) :up:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I know, that was the right way to do it before, Vlad.

Finally, The Sword in the Stone done right! I'm happy for you, Divinity. I wonder if Peter Pan will have a better restoration, too, because I heard people say Tinker Bell's glow and pixie dust was messed up, along with possibly other things I forgot.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

What a wonderful year of physical media surprises from Disney! I really hope Poppins gets a 4K this year! But is there any confirmation that these discs (either Pan or Sword in the Stone) feature new restorations? I don’t want to buy these (I see they are the featured title of the month on DMC) and be stuck with old masters. I do love the vintage poster cover art, I think that’s a great touch.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

UmbrellaFish wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:39 am But is there any confirmation that these discs (either Pan or Sword in the Stone) feature new restorations?
No confirmation yet, and Peter Pan doesn't have a new restoration as far as I know.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Farerb wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:17 am
UmbrellaFish wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:39 am But is there any confirmation that these discs (either Pan or Sword in the Stone) feature new restorations?
No confirmation yet, and Peter Pan doesn't have a new restoration as far as I know.
Thanks for the heads up, hopefully a DMC cast member can confirm before release date.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Fingers crossed TSitS is the updated restoration, but I won't be ordering it until someone has it in their Blu-ray player and confirms it!
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

blackcauldron85 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:05 am Fingers crossed TSitS is the updated restoration, but I won't be ordering it until someone has it in their Blu-ray player and confirms it!
Someone on another forum suggested it might just be a re-pack, too. I didn't even think of that. :( I should wait for more news first, too, then.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
rodis
Special Edition

Post by rodis »

So, regarding TSitS, is the version on Disney Plus the 'correct' 4k restoration?

Is it the same restoration that we're hoping going to end up on this forthcoming release?