DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cyclops Print Works
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:28 am 
Platinum Edition

I can't exaclty tell what this is. Some Disney division that makes Disney posters? Well anyway here's the web site:
Cyclops Print Works

Just search for your favorite posters! Disney and Pixar films, as well as short films! I really like the castle ones. I feel like Cinderella's tells the story most out of the castle ones I saw, though, or you know, symbolize the film the most. Here it is along with some favorites:

Snow White

Beauty and the Beast

Cinderella

Post subject: Re: Cyclops Print Works
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:25 pm 
Limited Edition

Disney Duster wrote:
I can't exaclty tell what this is. Some Disney division that makes Disney posters?

I guess that's what it is. Thanks for the link! I had seen some of these works in articles when they have made posters for a new movie or for an event, but I hadn't visited their website. The posters with the castles caught my attention as well. I also like other works from the same artist like the following two, which like the castle ones, I think make good use of the format:

https://cyclopsprintworks.com/products/ ... 1627777414
https://cyclopsprintworks.com/products/ ... 5795638421

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:06 am 
Platinum Edition

Wow! Yeah, like the castle posters those posters are perfect representations of The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad! And they just are sheer awesome!

Last edited by Disney Duster on Sun May 06, 2018 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:24 am 
Limited Edition

I always loved the castle ones. I know The Little Mermaid has one too. I'd love for Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Aladdin to get ones as well, although the Agrabah palace may be a bit difficult to fit vertically.

Also love the Ichabod and Mr. Toad ones. Making me wish we got a full-length The Wind in the Willows even more now.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:41 am 
Platinum Edition

The Little Mermaid one doesn't represent the film to me as Ariel's dream was never to enter that castle, but it is nice. Aladdin's castle would indeed be hard to do vertically unless it was further away and had a lot of space above and below it, so maybe with Aladdin and Jasmine riding on the magic carpet above?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:18 am 
Platinum Edition

Thanks for sharing, Disney Duster! I emailed myself some of the links...we just moved + I can't justify the $ right now, but maybe some will still be in stock in the future.

Also, they need to update their website--the Wall-e picture mentions being available at a Con in 2016...and more than 1 artist biography says that they're working on Gigantic.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:23 pm 
Limited Edition

At the bottom of the Cyclops Print Works website there's a link to Disney Fine Art where there are more paintings, and also links to other similar websites like this one for Disney photos that I found curious. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be too much content on that last site. And you're right, blackcauldron85, these websites could be more updated.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:53 pm 
Platinum Edition

Thanks for the Disney Fine Art link. I love any of the ones done by Heather Theurer!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:11 pm 
Limited Edition

Disney Duster wrote:
I love any of the ones done by Heather Theurer!!!

I like her art too. She has a very unique style and the characters in her paintings look so real.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:50 am 
Platinum Edition

Yeah! She has a beautiful style and I agree the characters look so real. Ovbiously my favorite is "Cinderella's New Day", and a lot because of what she did to Cinderella's costume and overall look, it's new and so beautiful, but I was really impressed by her "Baby of Mine", which is such a real Dumbo and Mrs. Jumbo and Timothy Mouse, yet still sad. But really everything she does is really amazing.