Fast Layne

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Fast Layne

Post by Sotiris »

Herbie is getting rebooted!
Someone at Disney really loves the Love Bug: Herbie is currently in development as a potential series on Disney XD, a rep for the network confirms to TVLine exclusively.

The iconic, anthropomorphic Volkswagen Beetle first appeared in Disney’s 1968 film The Love Bug and has been the subject of several movies — including the Lindsay Lohan-fronted 2005 movie Herbie: Fully Loaded. He’s also already been the subject of a 1982 television series, the one-season Herbie, the Love Bug, and a made-for-TV movie.

We hear that Travis Braun (Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders) will write the potential series, and that he’ll executive-produce alongside Tom Burkhard and Matt Dearborn (Zeke and Luther, Even Stevens).

TVLine also has learned that the potential reboot is looking for a girl or boy to play Lili or Landon Reed; it appears that Herbie hasn’t cemented whether the lead child will be male or female. Lili/Landon is “part scientist, part entrepreneur, part daredevil” and realizes, when her/his parents go missing, that they’ve secretly been working on a government project: a talking car named Herbie. Herbie is key to helping the kid reunite with her/his parents, but a gang of criminals also wants to get its paws on the state-of-the-art vehicle.
Source: http://tvline.com/2017/06/28/herbie-ser ... ug-reboot/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Re: Herbie Reboot (TV Series)

Post by Disney Guru »

As a lifelong Herbie fan, this definitely peaks my interest. Who knows, through this we might finally see a DVD or Blu-Ray release, of the underrated 90s TV film.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

At this point I have zero faith that this is going to turn out any good. I've been hurt by too many crappy Disney reboots that I've kind of gone numb to the idea. Plus being on Disney XD doesn't help.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

It looks like the new Herbie TV series is moving forward. According to What's Filming, shooting for the first season is starting on February 19th in Vancouver and British Columbia and is expected to finish on April 27th.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

It turns out Disney changed their mind and instead are making this series an original project without basing it on The Love Bug franchise. What the point of this? They just turned it into a Herbie rip-off. Did Disney not allow them to use the brand name? This is really weird.
Disney Channel has greenlighted Fast Layne, a live-ation limited series from executive producers Matt Dearborn and Tom Burkhard. Production is under way on the action-comedy from Lakeshore Productions starring The Young and the Restless actress Sophie Pollono. Created by Travis Braun, it’s set for a 2018 launch. Braun (Vampirina) will serve as co-executive producer, and Hasraf Dulull will direct the first two episodes.

Twelve-year-old overachiever Layne (Pollono) finds her orderly life thrown into a tailspin when she discovers a sophisticated talking car named V.I.N. hidden in an abandoned shed. With the help of her eccentric neighbor, Zora (Sofia Rosinsky, right), Layne embarks on a high-speed adventure filled with bad guys, secret agents and other surprises to unlock the mystery behind V.I.N.’s creation. Brandon Rossel plays Cody, a cute boy at Layne’s school with a talent for fixing cars, and Winslow Fegley is Mel, Layne’s nosy younger cousin who is determined to uncover her secret.

“We’re thrilled to be working with Matt, Tom and Travis on this exciting, action-packed journey that showcases two unlikely friends in the driver’s seat of a sentient, self-driving car,” said Adam Bonnett, EVP Original Programming at Disney Channels Worldwide, said, “This limited series allows our audience to go an adventure with these kids with nonstop action, comedy and mystery in a unique genre they haven’t experienced before on Disney Channel.”
Source: http://deadline.com/2018/03/fast-layne- ... 202316980/
Disney's Divinity

Re: Fast Layne (TV Series)

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm not sure it would be a ripoff exactly without seeing it. There are a lot of media with sentient cars.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Re: Fast Layne (TV Series)

Post by Sotiris »

The teaser poster, teaser trailer, full trailer, and promo have been released. The mini-series will premiere on February 15, 2019. Still don't understand why they didn't just use Herbie. It's literally the same concept.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsq2SGiD9Ir/