Ranking the Disney Princes

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.

Your favorite Disney prince?

The Prince
6%
Prince Charming
6%
Prince Phillip
15%
Prince Eric
9%
The Beast
19%
Aladdin
24%
John Smith
4%
Li Shang
4%
Naveen
6%
Flynn
9%
Kristoff
No votes

Total votes: 54

Lele
Limited Issue

Re: Ranking the Disney Princes

Post by Lele »

Eugene
Aladdin
Philip
Kristoff
Phoebus
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Yes, so glad to see you felt the same way, twihard. I getcha on the names. I wouldn't have minded calling the Prince Louis, but I call him Adam for the same reason you would. And another fun fact is Glen Keane called him Adam because he based the prince's design on a Michelangelo painting of Adam from the Bible. I think. Something like that.
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

Disney Duster wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:18 pm Yes, so glad to see you felt the same way, twihard. I getcha on the names. I wouldn't have minded calling the Prince Louis, but I call him Adam for the same reason you would. And another fun fact is Glen Keane called him Adam because he based the prince's design on a Michelangelo painting of Adam from the Bible. I think. Something like that.
Oh wow so many cool fun facts. You have a lot of Disney knowledge!! I never made the connection between Adam from the Bible and the prince's transformation being almost biblical in revival.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yes, Glen Keane kind of felt there was religiousness to a person becoming good and getting miraculously transformed to something better.
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

Disney Duster wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:49 pm Yes, Glen Keane kind of felt there was religiousness to a person becoming good and getting miraculously transformed to something better.
See, that's why I love the Beast so much. Aside from the great animation from the great Glen Keane, he just really is such a well-written character that is a "prince." Aside from another one, I'll get into another in a sec. He also feels very human; I can sometimes see myself in him, how I easily get angry and annoyed when I'm in a bad mood, and how I feel I'm not good-looking, even if people keep on telling me so. And because of that, it made it pretty easy for me to root for him to be a better person, towards Belle, towards his fellow servants, and for himself. I really admire and aspire to be like him sometimes. And I do think that he looks pretty handsome in his human form, though I understand why most people got disappointed when they saw his human form. But then again, they're kind of not learning from the message they took while watching the whole movie.  :P

Aladdin is also my favorite "Disney Prince". Sure, his story feels kinda generic, a rags to riches type one. But you know what, I'll take it, given that it's a guilty pleasure of mine to see that trope in media, especially when it features a boy gushing over someone he loves. :drool: That and the expressive animation Glen Keane does to elevate his performance.

Honorable mentions (or, I guess, how I'd rank them) are Hercules, Li Shang, Quasimodo, Milo, Prince Charming or Henry's characterization in Cinderella 3, Kristoff, Jim Hawkins, Kenai, Flynn Rider (Eugene), and Naveen. There is not much to say to them aside from the fact that the first four are the ones I really like in characterization, performance, and writing, and the others I like because of sincere enjoyment and guilty pleasure.
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. edamame by bbno$ and Rich Brian (Song)
2. Jujutsu Kaisen (Anime)
3. Ma Baker by Boney M. (Song)
4. The Boy and the Heron (Movie)
5. Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield (Song)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I don't think Aladdin's story is in any way generic. And feel better about yourself, MoonMarc21, you're a nice guy on here!
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Why do people keep saying that Cinderella's prince is Prince Charming when Snow White's prince is described as Charming by Snow White in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs:

"It was very easy. Anyone could see that the prince was charming. The only one for me."

While in Cinderella the word isn't said at all?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Disney officially calls him Prince Charming and Snow White's prince The Prince so they don't call them both Charming. Maybe their names should be the other way around, or In reality they both could have the same name, but Disney does it the way they do it. I think they found Cinderella's Prince called Charming in more of the Disney archives, and that is the reason.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

1. Aladdin - Ever since the film came out, I've loved Aladdin so much. I've always related to "One Jump Ahead (Reprise);" I've always felt so much emotion in that song...I just feel it tells so much about who Aladdin is. He's charming, but vulnerable. I think part of my love for Aladdin also is tied with my love for Jasmine; they're both such strong characters and will forever be my favorite Disney couple.

2. Naveen - Another charming Disney prince (no pun intended!). He's so charismatic. I melt when you can see him falling for Tiana.

3. John Smith - I think he's charming, too (and his '90s floppy hair, sigh!). I guess I like that he starts to open to learning about Pocahontas' people and their way of life and comes around; we can see a change start to happen in him.
I know it gets flack, but I think his relationship with Pocahontas is beautiful.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yeah, Aladdin is charming, but vulnerable. Good way to describe him.