FS - LION KING GIFT SET - BRAND NEW!

Post your lists to trade or sell products to other forum members.
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

FS - LION KING GIFT SET - BRAND NEW!

Post by STASHONE »

I plan on purchasing TLK Platinum Ed. Gift Set this afternoon because it's on sale and seems to be the only way I can get my hands on an English cover version of TLK Platinum Ed.

Save for a few bilingual cover versions, these all seem to be sold-out at local retailers.

In any event, come this afternoon I will have a brand new Lion King Gift Set available for sale... minus the Platinum DVD which I assume the majority of forum members already own.

I will remove the shrinkwrap only partially and with great care so as to only remove the Platinum DVD and leave the rest of the set factory sealed in brand new condition.

I might be willing to trade for other DVD's as well if you'd like to reply w/ trade lists but I'm primarily looking to sell this set which comes with a 160 page hardcover limited collector's book, 9 exclusive lithograph print sketches, plus an amazing looking collector's box to display your LK DVD...

I would only ask $15 US + Shipping (actual costs).

Please LMK if interested.

Thanks!
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Warning!
Danger Will Robinson, Danger!

The LK Platinum as the "version Francais Incluse" yellow button on it! My gift set from Canada did.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

Are you 100% positive??

All the bilingual versions I've seen actually feature "Le Roi Lion" or something to that extent beneath the English title on the cover slip... the horrible split language double text technique.

I noticed the English title printed solely along the spine of a Platinum Ed in one of the sealed gift sets at a retailer yesterday afternoon and asked one of the employees if there were anymore available w/out the gifset, he told me there were... but only w/ the French covers. The English ones had all been sold out.

I just assumed that Buena Vista had issued seperate language covers in English & French.

aargh.

I don't want to waste money picking up this gift set today if it's gonna have any French promotions, bumpers, text, etc!

My Alice Masterpiece had no yellow button...

Maybe I should just hold off as I'm prob gonna be heading out to VT sometime in the next few weeks to go snowboarding anyways.

Thanks for the warning!
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

All I know is my Lion King from a Canadian gift set has full English apart from the yellow "button" on the cover. I'm sure you must have seen it before on other Disney covers. It's not bilingual, but it's not "clean" either.

I didn't get a Canadian Alice, so cannot comment. My Lion King 1.5 has it though.

Can you not get them to open it up?
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

Nope, I tried but they wouldn't let me open it up so I spent 15 minutes in the children's aisle trying to pressure my girlfriend into slitting open the shrinkwrap with her nails to pull it out but she wouldn't do it.

Strangely enough, the Lion King 1.5's in this store were clean English all-around versions so I'm not sure whether or not to take the risk.

Maybe I'll just go back today and rip the damn seal off it and see for myself, I'd just feel really stupid being accused of trying to steal DVD's...

Whoever thought buying a movie could be so complicated...
DVDFreak
Limited Issue

Post by DVDFreak »

I don't quite understand the dilemma here?

You want to open which DVD to see what?

If you're asking about the Canadian version of the Alice in Wonderland DVD, it does not have the yellow French circle on the slip cover, but it does have it on the actual DVD case.

The Lion King gift set does not have "The Lion King" written in French anywhere on it, although on the back of the box, it has the Canadian flag on it. The Lion King DVD that comes inside that box, again has the yellow circle on the slip cover and the DVD case but again does not have the title of the movie in French anywhere on it.

The Lion King 1 1/2 has the yellow circle on the slip cover and the DVD case.

Does that solve the problem or is this some other situation that you're talking about?
Last edited by DVDFreak on Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

I'd be interested in buying the Gift Set minus the DVD for $15 + shipping.
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

Hey Luke, if I find the time to stop by today, I'll check out the gift set and if the English version's inside I'm gonna pick it up and send you an email.
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

so what happened here? did you get it or not? :? :wink: