The Little Mermaid (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Re: The Little Mermaid (Live-Action)

Post by Thumper_93 »

They didn’t risk with her design because they were affraid to make sonething that fans didn’t like. The concept art looked more magical and funny, the final product is really basic and the only cute thing was her tail.
She’s the main character and she deserved the best design. In the animated movie she looked similar to her sisters but in the LA al the sisters looked much better and their looks were more elaborated, they created fantasy looks. They should have done the same with Ariel
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Ok, so Ariel could have had the color red for her hair. But her having realistic red hair isn't a bad thing to me either. Her mermaid design was the least of this film's problems.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

‘The Little Mermaid’ Producers Sued Over Special Effects Artist’s On-Set Injury
https://variety.com/2023/biz/global/the ... 235699469/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

Thumper_93 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:52 pm They didn’t risk with her design because they were affraid to make sonething that fans didn’t like.
We got an Ariel that doesn’t look like Ariel. I don’t think they were afraid of what fans thought.
The concept art looked more magical and funny, the final product is really basic and the only cute thing was her tail.
She’s the main character and she deserved the best design. In the animated movie she looked similar to her sisters but in the LA al the sisters looked much better and their looks were more elaborated, they created fantasy looks. They should have done the same with Ariel
Her sisters in the LA version don’t even look like sisters let alone her sisters.
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

What I was trying to say is that in the LA her sisters looked better than Ariel. This is really weird because they are secondary characters and the best design should be Ariel's one. In my opinion Caspia and Mala looked amazing
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I agree. I personally wasn't fond of how most of the mermaids looked, but a couple of the sisters looked better than Ariel did (not that that says much). I'm thinking of the one with the pink tail in particular.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

I’m trying to wrap my mind around how the creators of the live action film sat around thinking everything we’re criticizing from the casting to the art direction to the story changes was a good idea. Who’s hiring these people with such little taste and sense?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Sir Tim Rice talks about The Little Mermaid remake.
Tim Rice wrote:The Little Mermaid was the last remake I saw. There are some great things in it, not least the brilliant Howard Ashman/Alan Menken score, but I felt with The Little Mermaid they were taking away some of the excitement, some of the enchantment of the original. But I'm such a cartoon fan and if a cartoon works so brilliantly like The Little Mermaid did, it's often a mistake to try and redo it. But you know, remakes can work, I mean the Aladdin remake worked pretty well.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe8ynqoyHnE
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The Little Mermaid sing-along version is getting a theatrical release on August 25, 2023.

Source: https://twitter.com/LittleMermaid/statu ... 7188438285
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I’d rather see the 50th Anniversary of American Graffiti. Now THAT’S a great film.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

carolinakid wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:57 pm I’d rather see the 50th Anniversary of American Graffiti. Now THAT’S a great film.
carolinakid wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:57 pm I’d rather see the 50th Anniversary of American Graffiti. Now THAT’S a great film.
Eh, I find it to be a little dated. It’s certainly better than Star Wars (I actually can’t believe that they are directed by the same person; What happened George? It’s like he forgot how to make a movie.He was actually able to turn out more than pretty much perfect performances from everyone involved, only to go onto having some of the worst acting, including the absolute worst that I’ve ever seen from Natalie Portman in revenge of the Sith).

Either way, it’s just not me. I get so much out of the live action little mermaid here, for better or for worse, regardless of any comparisons to the original or any other installments and this franchise :-) I would love for there to be a sequel to the live action little mermaid, regardless of whether follows return to the Sea or not, which I actually quite like :-)
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

If anyone could please help me find the full extended version of this movie‘s under the sea, as in the following but better, it would be truly gratefully appreciated :-)

https://youtu.be/Rp4q-KSCEu8?si=d5NcfqdU4B8hPemr

Also as a sidenote, has anyone else been having any problems logging in and staying logged on on the forum here? I keep having to log on multiple times And have a hard time staying on an editing my posts etc. I’m on safari on an iPhone
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Hey Patricier21,

YES!! I have been having A LOT of trouble signing on and staying signed in. It keeps signing me out, and even told me one time I was banned! I don't know what is going on.
I am logging on from my PC using Chrome... so I don't think the device and browser are the issue...
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

I've definitely had similar issues, getting booted off almost immediately after logging in.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Me too! I'm relieved to know it's not just me. I checked the feedback section to see if it had happened to anyone else, but there was nothing about this issue there. Yeah, it's quite annoying. It's not easy to post things. I got the message that I had been banned too. This is what it says in case it's helpful to solve the problem:

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

A ban has been issued on your IP address.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

We are aware of this issue and we are looking into it. We apologize for the inconvenience.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

D82 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:26 pm Me too! I'm relieved to know it's not just me. I checked the feedback section to see if it had happened to anyone else, but there was nothing about this issue there. Yeah, it's quite annoying. It's not easy to post things. I got the message that I had been banned too. This is what it says in case it's helpful to solve the problem:

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

A ban has been issued on your IP address.
This is what has sometimes been happening to me too, recently.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Thanks for responding, Sotiris. I'm glad you are aware of the problem and are trying to solve it. Well, this is nowhere near as bad as when the forum was down. Though not as easily as before, thankfully, we're still able to post and read everything, but let's hope there's a solution for this too.
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

The issue appears to have resolved for me, at least it has been over the last few hours. Thanks for working on that. Hope the solution sticks.

In the meantime, I did make it around to the parks last week, and I was happy to be able to meet LA Ariel at her spot in Disneyland before they closed it, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Little Mermaid M&G.jpg
Little Mermaid M&G.jpg (200.45 KiB) Viewed 1179 times
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

PatchofBlue wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:45 pmThe issue appears to have resolved for me, at least it has been over the last few hours. Thanks for working on that. Hope the solution sticks.
Glad to hear that. Has the issue been resolved for others too? Please let me know everyone.