Tangled: The Series

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Tangled: The Series

Post by Farerb »

Thanks for the info, so it doesn't feature the shorts, that's a shame. Are the multi-part episodes play as one episode or are they split?
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

They are split- the episode listings on the menus have them listed as "Part I"/"Part II". (I haven't played anything yet but that's how they're listed.)
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Thank you :)
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

To anyone reading this, as I’ve said before, always truly vote with your dollars. Don’t bother buying any of these boxes that are not going to include everything slash let alone the things that you truly want from them like special features and in the case of tangled the Shortcuts [season two of the shortcuts are not even on Disney+ mind you] And or if they are not going to include the episodes as originally aired/presented, breaking up the episodes Into two or three parts, which at times can often lead to leaving out parts of the episodes Being left out all together in the re-airing, such as Elena and the secret of Avalor leaving out the book ends with Elena and Naomi
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

^ Well, with Disney, it's more a case of taking what little you're gonna be offered or have nothing at all. :shrug: I mean, if you think avoiding the release or complaining is going to make a difference with niche things like Melody Time, Make Mine Music, animated TV series, or a Legacy Collection album release, you're wasting your time. It could take another 10-20 years waiting on something better--and there isn't that kind of time for physical releases really with physical product in general on its way out. I think complaints will only work with a major release of a lucrative property, like when the TLM Diamond received replacement discs for the screwed up "Part of Your World" scene (I believe the Pinocchio Platinum had a similar thing happen)--and even those were just bandaids, they didn't add content or drastically change anything.

This is still more than good enough to me. While I had hoped for the short cuts to be included just to "complete" it, I admit I don't care that much about them as I do the series proper. It's more the sense of completion that would've been nice, since I think Pat Carroll's character is in one or more of them. I don't think I've even seen all of them, tbh. :lol: I definitely didn't expect bonus features.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney's Divinity

My copy came today. It's weird watching the show from the beginning with a different mindset than I did the first time; back then I didn't expect to like it as I was watching.

And since noticing all the callouts to previous Disney films in the last season of the show, I guess it made me more aware of them in the early episodes now. I couldn't help thinking that the way the second episode ends (the end of the opening movie) with Rapunzel singing "Wind in My Hair" on her balcony felt like a deliberate re-creation of "POYW (Reprise)." She sings it like she's making a vow the way Ariel does, with her hair flying all around and then birds fly up in the air at the climactic moment the same way they do at the end of POYW (Reprise). Only thing missing was a huge splash of water. :lol:

The show is still so pretty to me. Rapunzel and Eugene both look better to me than in the film; Rapunzel's freckles are more noticeable and Eugene's facial hair works better in 2D where they don't have to worry about each individual follicle. EDIT: Forgot to add before that Varian's whole "WITH THE POWER OF SCIENCE!!" dialogue in his first episode can't help but make me think of Dr. Stone now. :lol:
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Please let me know special feature and if episodes are split into parts for Chip and dale rescue rangers and proud family[As well as if it includes the movie] as well please :-) As well as for literally any other show that gets released on Blu-ray or DVD TOO please :-)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Patricier21 wrote:Please let me know special feature and if episodes are split into parts for Chip and dale rescue rangers and proud family[As well as if it includes the movie] as well please :-)
For Chip 'n' Dale, there are no special features, the TV movie Rescue Rangers to the Rescue is presented in parts like it was in syndication, and the episode order is not based on air or production date. On the plus side, the episodes are in fullscreen, in their original 4:3 TV aspect ratio. For more information on the release, you can check the article below.

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/article ... te-series/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Sotiris wrote:
Patricier21 wrote:Please let me know special feature and if episodes are split into parts for Chip and dale rescue rangers and proud family[As well as if it includes the movie] as well please :-)
For Chip 'n' Dale, there are no special features, the TV movie Rescue Rangers to the Rescue is presented in parts like it was in syndication, and the episode order is not based on air or production date. On the plus side, the episodes are in fullscreen, in their original 4:3 TV aspect ratio. For more information on the release, you can check the article below.

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/article ... te-series/
Thank you so much :-)
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Interesting, I see that according to Wikipedia and the Disney wiki, A Queen for a Day and Painter's Block should come after The Way of the Willow, but on the Blu-ray they come before Pascal's Story. What is the correct order?

Looking more into it and I see more inconsistencies between the lists, seems like the wikis go with the order the episodes were aired while the Blu-ray goes with the order the episodes were produced.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Where can this be bought? Amazon? Or is it just a Movie Club exclusive?
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

DMC Exclusive.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh. Ok thank you very much farerb.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I watched the show over the weekend and I thought it was great, probably the best thing coming from the Disney channel. Minor grievances are that it didn't need all these episodes, it would probably benefited from being only 13 episodes per season cause there was a lot of filler that could be skipped. In addition, I don't understand why with all that filler, they couldn't have more songs?

I made a list of episodes that I personally prefer to skip:

Season 1:
One Angry Princess
The Wrath of Ruthless Ruth
Max's Enemy

Season 2:
The Return of Quaid
Goodbye and Goodwill
King Pascal
There's Something About Hook Foot
Happiness Is...
Max and Eugene in Peril on the High Seas
The Eye of Pincosta
You're Kidding Me!

Season 3:
The Lost Treasure of Herz Der Sonne
No Time Like the Past
Day of the Animals
Pascal's Dragon
*Islands Apart

More on the show:
I know there are more episodes in season 1 that can be skipped, but In my opinion they do a good job establishing characters and relationships that I personally feel would hurt the experience if they are skipped.
Season 1 is not that plot heavy to begin with so they don't really hurt the momentum, unlike with episodes from season 2 and 3.

The weakest point in the series to me was all that island nonsense, all of it could be skipped and you don't really miss anything, it was just padding for padding's sake, yes I even added that one season 3 episode, which could be said to be more substantial to the plot, but I hate that island so much that I just don't care.

One last thing, I thought the finale was a bit luckluster, I didn't care about all the stuff that happened with the portal (another padding for padding's sake, though unfortunately this time it couldn't be skipped), I didn't understand how there were only ~10 people fighting for Corona, in a series that introduced many characters they should have brought them all back, even the villains. Zhan Tiri in her final form was lame, it felt more threatening when she sent a blizzard to destroy Corona than what eventually happened in the finale. Thankfully, Rapunzel and Cassandra make up for all of it, I don't even mind that Cassandra was forgiven so easily for all the crap that she did.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I'm glad you liked the show, Farerb. Personally, I liked most of the filler episodes, but I agree about the second season. I remember also wishing for them to leave that island.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I like the filler episodes of season 1, like The Way of the Willow is not that necessary but I find that episode hilarious. I guess when the show started going more into the plot I wanted them to continue with it instead of the side quests, maybe the Island wouldn't have been that redundant if a piece of the scroll was there. I guess I also didn't care about Hookfoot so whenever an episode focused on him I just didn't care, the animals episodes were also not my favorite.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I haven't ordered this set yet, but I'm thinking about it. I stopped watching partway through season 2, but I do want to get back to it, as it sounds like gets more appealing in the last season. That said, I did get the Rescue Rangers set. My big disappointment with that is that it has no Disney Movie Insider code. Does this set have one?
Disney's Divinity

^ It didn't, unfortunately.

And, yeah, the second season had an extraordinary amount of filler compared to the first. I believe that may have been due to executive meddling, because the series' title was changed from Tangled: The Series to Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure at the time. It's like they knew there was confusion over what the show was to child viewers from the title alone, and they probably thought having all the episodes focusing on an ongoing storyline would make it harder for new viewers to jump in. So, Rapunzel added to the title and lots of filler eps in a last bid to increase viewers. By the third season, I think Disney no longer cared, and just let them go out their own way. There's still a lot of filler in season 3 though, just not nearly as bad as season 2.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I'm sorry to post it here, but here's where it was brought up:
Amazon link for Chip 'n' Dale:
Chip 'n' Dale's Rescue Rangers : Season 1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NRF35HV/re ... 8C2H1Y8QPP
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

So, is it available on Amazon now? That's great! But is it the complete series or just season 1? The cover is for the full collection, but in the title it says season 1.