Kingdom Hearts III

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Re: BREAKING NEWS: KINGDOM HEARTS 3 ANNOUNCED AT E3 for PS4

Post by unprincess »

Im not a gamer so Ive never paid much attention to the KH franchise(despite admiring how high quality the game and its related products are, b/c you know, Japan is awesome.) I just viewed this trailer to see if there was anything Frozen related in it, and Im shocked at how good the voice actor for Hades is. He sounds exactly like James Woods speaking Japanese!
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

New trailer's out. A Toy Story world is revealed. The game is given an open release date of 2018.

Apparently the Toy Story world features more than one film-specific party member for the first time, with both Woody and Buzz available as party members. This is a new development I'm excited about.

So disappointed the reveal wasn't a Frozen world. Not surprised to see a Pixar world. Unfortunately I'm resigned to the fact that this series which used to be a Disney/FF crossover will soon be overflowing with Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, etc. Bleh, just gag me. Another reason to hate Disney swallowing everything on Earth.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Really dude, Really :facepalm: Doesn't take much to impress people nowadays.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlzj9z3U5ok[/youtube]
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Not surprised to see a Pixar world. Unfortunately I'm resigned to the fact that this series which used to be a Disney/FF crossover will soon be overflowing with Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, etc. Bleh, just gag me. Another reason to hate Disney swallowing everything on Earth.
Same. As soon as I heard the new world was Toy Story I couldn't help but be disappointed.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

Disney's Divinity wrote:New trailer's out. A Toy Story world is revealed. The game is given an open release date of 2018.

Apparently the Toy Story world features more than one film-specific party member for the first time, with both Woody and Buzz available as party members. This is a new development I'm excited about.

So disappointed the reveal wasn't a Frozen world. Not surprised to see a Pixar world. Unfortunately I'm resigned to the fact that this series which used to be a Disney/FF crossover will soon be overflowing with Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, etc. Bleh, just gag me. Another reason to hate Disney swallowing everything on Earth.
Relax. We don't know for sure if there will be a Star Wars or Marvel world. And Toy Story was pretty much already partly Disney when it was first released.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

The extreme bias against Pixar as if they are just another Marvel or Lucasfilm acquisition is really uncalled for. They are just as much a part of the Disney family as anyone.

Anyway, I'm floored by how close they were able to get to the real movies. In fact, it looks better than the first movie if you can look past an occasional jagged edge. The depth of field blur, the ambient occlusion, the detailed models, animation, its all there.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Kyle wrote:The extreme bias against Pixar
It's not a "bias", it's just a preference. Pixar fans are not expected to be WDAS fans too, so why isn't the other way around just as acceptable?
Kyle wrote:as if they are just another Marvel or Lucasfilm acquisition
Aren't they?
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I honestly can't think of many pixar fans I've run into that don't like disney's movies as well. If someone is a pixar fan, I tend to assume they like a lot of disney's animated movies too.

And no, its nothing like the Lucasfilm or marvel thing. They didn't start making mega successful movies as an independent for years then got swallowed by Disney. They saw potential in them early on in their modest beginnings. They've more then proven their worth over the years, to see some still treat them as an outcast not worthy of the Disney name is just stupid.

Having a preference is fine, but flipping them the bird and grumbling about their inclusion in this goes beyond that.
Disney's Divinity

Kyle wrote:I honestly can't think of many pixar fans I've run into that don't like disney's movies as well.
Funny, most Pixar fans I meet seem to sneer at Disney movies, see Disney as having been saved by Pixar, and conversely see Disney as the reason Pixar has turned to crap lately.
They've more then proven their worth over the years, to see some still treat them as an outcast not worthy of the Disney name is just stupid.
It's not about them being "worthy" or not. It's about the fact that they are not Disney and don't belong in a Disney/FF crossover. They aren't any different than any other company/property Disney has subsumed for money's sake. Kingdom Hearts doesn't have much of a defining identity now.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Honestly, I think it's amazing and rather unexpected. I was very much expecting to be Frozen, but I'm glad to be surprised that Toy Story is in this. Pixar to me is connected to Disney and has worked with Disney since their inception. It just makes sense to me. Now regarding Star Wars and Marvel, uh no keep those out please.

Also, Frozen is going to be in Kingdom Hearts 3. It's pretty much a given. Also, perhaps the footage for Frozen isn't quite finished yet, but Toy Story was.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Kyle wrote:They saw potential in them early on in their modest beginnings. They've more then proven their worth over the years
disneyboy20022 wrote:Honestly, I think it's amazing and rather unexpected. I was very much expecting to be Frozen, but I'm glad to be surprised that Toy Story is in this. Pixar to me is connected to Disney and has worked with Disney since their inception. It just makes sense to me. Now regarding Star Wars and Marvel, uh no keep those out please.
I feel the same way. I think that the Toy Story world looks awesome; I was excited watching the footage. I am a big Star Wars fan, and I love that Disney has invigorated SW, but it wouldn't necessarily fit in a Disney mash-up (WIR2 notwithstanding :P).
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

blackcauldron85 wrote:
Kyle wrote:They saw potential in them early on in their modest beginnings. They've more then proven their worth over the years
disneyboy20022 wrote:Honestly, I think it's amazing and rather unexpected. I was very much expecting to be Frozen, but I'm glad to be surprised that Toy Story is in this. Pixar to me is connected to Disney and has worked with Disney since their inception. It just makes sense to me. Now regarding Star Wars and Marvel, uh no keep those out please.
I feel the same way. I think that the Toy Story world looks awesome; I was excited watching the footage. I am a big Star Wars fan, and I love that Disney has invigorated SW, but it wouldn't necessarily fit in a Disney mash-up (WIR2 notwithstanding :P).
I was kind of hoping that Pixar would not be included in the KH series, as it's not quite "Disney" enough, but I'm inclined to agree that Pixar is as much a part of the Disney family as any of them. Marvel and Star Wars are different because they have long since been household names long before Disney ever got them. Anyway, I kind of figured it was inevitable that Pixar would be included in the KH series.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Will there be Cinderella and Aurora worlds?
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

bradhig wrote:Will there be Cinderella and Aurora worlds?
They're already was, back in 2010's Prequel "Birth by Sleep" :P
Last edited by DisneyEra on Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disney's Divinity

A new trailer came out today (click here).

Also, there was a tease of the new theme song, "Oath" (Japanese version) / "Don't Think Twice" (English version) by Utada Hikaru (click here)! :pink: :pink: :pink:

I love everything that was revealed. Marluxia's return, Riku's new outfit/hairstyle, the absolutely gorgeous new theme (which I'd put above "Sanctuary" and below Simple & Clean), the Ariel summon, the Monsters Inc. transformations for Goofy and Donald--all fantastic. Well, the Monsters, Inc. reveal confirms spoilers that came out a little while back (Leaked images of the Monsters, Inc. world as well as Frozen. Those same spoilers also leaked that Winnie the Pooh is returning.).
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Disney's Divinity wrote:A new trailer came out today (click here).

Also, there was a tease of the new theme song, "Oath" (Japanese version) / "Don't Think Twice" (English version) by Utada Hikaru (click here)! :pink: :pink: :pink:

I love everything that was revealed. Marluxia's return, Riku's new outfit/hairstyle, the absolutely gorgeous new theme (which I'd put above "Sanctuary" and below Simple & Clean), the Ariel summon, the Monsters Inc. transformations for Goofy and Donald--all fantastic. Well, the Monsters, Inc. reveal confirms spoilers that came out a little while back (Leaked images of the Monsters, Inc. world as well as Frozen. Those same spoilers also leaked that Winnie the Pooh is returning.).
I saw "Monsters, Inc.", but I did not see "Frozen" or Winnie the Pooh.

I'm still not entirely happy that Pixar movies are being referenced, but at least "Toy Story" is not the only one anymore. That said, I'm not sure how I feel about Sora's party's look in the Monsters, Inc. world. I'm rather creeped out by them.

I'm also still holding out for a Dumbo world. As I said before, that could be the equivalent of KH1's 100 Acre Wood and KH2's Atlantica, as an "optional" level that you would come back to multiple times over the course of the game.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

No, thanks. I don't even want Pixar worlds in there, let alone Marvel and Lucasfilm ones. :headshake: Can we please not turn Kingdom Hearts into Disney Infinity where anything goes?

Insomniac Creative Director Wants Marvel and Star Wars In Kingdom Hearts III
https://www.toonzone.net/insomniac-crea ... earts-iii/
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Sotiris wrote:No, thanks. I don't even want Pixar worlds in there, let alone Marvel and Lucasfilm ones. :headshake: Can we please not turn Kingdom Hearts into Disney Infinity where anything goes?

Insomniac Creative Director Wants Marvel and Star Wars In Kingdom Hearts III
https://www.toonzone.net/insomniac-crea ... earts-iii/
I'm fine with Pixar, but highly against Star Wars or Marvel... I mean, just no. I've always felt Pixar is an extension of Disney in a way, so I'm fine with that. Marvel and Star Wars? Uh... nope. nope nope no. I don't care how cool people think a lightsaber keyblade would look, just no.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Tristy
Special Edition

Re: Kingdom Hearts III

Post by Tristy »

I agree. I feel now if they did all that, that would be very much pure pandering to those who think older Disney is not "cool enough" which in a way is kind of what Disney is doing now.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Re: Kingdom Hearts III

Post by bradhig »

Any princesses in this one?