Kingdom Hearts III

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Re: BREAKING NEWS: KINGDOM HEARTS 3 ANNOUNCED AT E3 for PS4

Post by ajmrowland »

Agrabah was in re:coded as well

Disney's Divinity wrote:Well, I was hoping that either Rapunzel or Maximus would be the party member or nobody at all, so I'm glad. If Flynn had been it, the only time I'd use him is to throw barrels at his face.

Plus, it's always nice to have more female party members. Ariel was kick-ass in KH1, but Mulan was boring until late in the game in KH2.
Was there any doubt? She weaponized the frying pan!
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Big Hero 6 was confirmed to be in Kingdom Hearts 3. I'd rather have Frozen or Wreck-It Ralph, but it's okay.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

^There are plenty of times for more announcements.

BUT, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Big Hero 6 was confirmed to be in Kingdom Hearts 3. I'd rather have Frozen or Wreck-It Ralph, but it's okay.
It's going to be taking place after the events of the first film
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Big Hero 6 was confirmed to be in Kingdom Hearts 3
:pink:

Very good news indeed!
2Disney4Ever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by 2Disney4Ever »

Flanger-Hanger wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:Big Hero 6 was confirmed to be in Kingdom Hearts 3
:pink:

Very good news indeed!
Not to me.

Love traditional Disney animation? Send your art to: http://2disney4ever.deviantart.com/
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

The world of BH6 is very well suited for a video game so I'm excited.

Apparently the dark forces retrieved the original Baymax from the void and made him evil :lol:

LADY Image CLUCK
2Disney4Ever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by 2Disney4Ever »

But it's not well suited for Disney!

Do they seriously think a movie like that fits the same animated canon as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Beauty and the Beast?

Love traditional Disney animation? Send your art to: http://2disney4ever.deviantart.com/
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Good gravy! DUDE, WE GET IT! We get that you hate CGI. We get that you hate the new Disney movies just b/c they are CGI. We get that you're refusing to support Disney. You say this 24/7.

I understand your situation, but seriously: You've been literally doing nothing, but shoving down your anti-CGI beliefs down our throats. Please! We're not asking you to leave, but if all what you're doing is spreading your same negativity over and over again like you are to Gigantic and Moana, please don't contribute. This is draining and this has gone, far enough.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

And even if going by story only, this is no more "not Disney" than Tron.

This synopsis actually says a lot about how KH3 might play out. Xehanort is getting stronger, and actually corrupting non-antagonist Disney characters.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Very happy to hear about Hercules and Tangled being included. Big Hero 6, Wreck-It-Ralph does nothing for me, but it's okay I guess. As long as they keep Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars out of this franchise. It should be stricktly (classic) Disney and Square Enix/Final Fantasy characters/Worlds in this franchise as far as I see it.

Hope to see more classic Disney Worlds from Walt Disney Animation Studios movies. They should feature Aladdin, Hercules, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mulan, Snow White, Peter Pan, Disney's Alice in Wonderland, Winnie the Pooh, Beauty and the Beast etc.

Many of these Worlds/movies have been featured before, but they are classic to me and having played them before, it would be so fun to see how these amazing Disney movies/Worlds would look like in Kingdom Hearts III. The graphics have come a long way since Kingdom Hearts II, and I would hate it if movies like Brave, Toy Story etc being included kept us from getting Worlds/movies like Aladdin, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast etc. And I'd rather play a TRON World again than anything Pixar.

Also, I miss a classic Disney movie/World that have so far not been featured in Kingdom Hearts: Pocahontas! (Atlantis: The Lost Empire, The Emperor's New Groove and Treasure Planet would also have been fun to see included.)
Last edited by Prince Edward on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Prince Edward wrote:Hope to see more classic Disney Worlds from Walt Disney Animation Studios movies. They should feature Aladdin, Hercules, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mulan, Snow White, Peter Pan, Disney's Alice in Wonderland, Winnie the Pooh, Beauty and the Beast etc.

Many of these Worlds/movies have been featured before, but they are classic to me and having played them before, it would be so fun to see how these amazing Disney movies/Worlds would look like in Kingdom Hearts III. The graphics have come a far way since Kingdom Hearts III, and I would hate it if movies like Brave, Toy Story etc being included kept us from getting Worlds/movies like Aladdin, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast etc. And I'd rather play a TRON World again than anything Pixar.
Another world that should be featured, as I said before, is themed to "Dumbo". If that were to happen, then "Bambi" and "Chicken Little" would be the only two movies that have summonable characters in the games but no worlds.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

What areas have been confirmed for this release ? Or haven't they all been announced yet ?
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Atlantica wrote:What areas have been confirmed for this release ? Or haven't they all been announced yet ?
I have very little information to go on, but from what I've read/seen, I guess they include Twilight Town, a world themed to "Tangled", and San Fransokyo.
Disney's Divinity

Flanger-Hanger wrote: :pink:

Very good news indeed!
You know, I thought about it more, and I agree. Even though I wasn't crazy about BH6, I did think the film's environments were very beautiful--which'll make for a fun world (tbh, there've already been worlds where I grit my teeth through the story and enjoy the environments). Plus, what they revealed about the world's story in the game, it sounds as if they did a good job connecting it to the overarching story (the Baymax lost in the portal is possessed by the darkness and must be stopped by Hiro and the new Baymax).
Atlantica wrote:What areas have been confirmed for this release ? Or haven't they all been announced yet ?
Mt. Olympus (Hercules; the actual mountain, not just the coliseum), Kingdom of Corona (Tangled), San Fransokyo (Big Hero 6), and Twilight Town (original characters).

I'd say Hollow Bastion (original) is also very likely to be playable (unlike Destiny Islands, Castle Oblivion/Land of Departure, Disney Castle, and the Realm of Darkness which might only appear in cutscenes).

They've said there won't be many returning worlds, and I'm guessing Port Royal (Pirates of the Caribbean) and Pride Lands (TLK) likely have the highest probability to return over others.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Ooooo thank you very much for letting me know ! So happy Hercules is coming back, and the fact Tangled is there is bringing me all sorts of joy :)
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Flanger-Hanger wrote: :pink:

Very good news indeed!
You know, I thought about it more, and I agree. Even though I wasn't crazy about BH6, I did think the film's environments were very beautiful--which'll make for a fun world (tbh, there've already been worlds where I grit my teeth through the story and enjoy the environments). Plus, what they revealed about the world's story in the game, it sounds as if they did a good job connecting it to the overarching story (the Baymax lost in the portal is possessed by the darkness and must be stopped by Hiro and the new Baymax).
Mt. Olympus (Hercules; the actual mountain, not just the coliseum), Kingdom of Corona (Tangled), San Fransokyo (Big Hero 6), and Twilight Town (original characters).

I'd say Hollow Bastion (original) is also very likely to be playable (unlike Destiny Islands, Castle Oblivion/Land of Departure, Disney Castle, and the Realm of Darkness which might only appear in cutscenes).

They've said there won't be many returning worlds, and I'm guessing Port Royal (Pirates of the Caribbean) and Pride Lands (TLK) likely have the highest probability to return over others.
Like I said, it would be great if they could have a world themed to "Dumbo" be used. If they aren't reusing a lot of old worlds, perhaps this can be the game's "optional" world with plenty of minigames; that is, the Dumbo world could be equivalent to the first and second games' 100 Acre Woods world and also the second game's Atlantica world. It could be called something like Storybook Circus, after the land at WDW's Magic Kingdom.
Disney's Divinity

Apparently employee information was found that revealed Square Enix has something called "Kingdom Hearts 2.9" in development for PS3 and PS4. It's hard to tell what it is, but FlowMotion is listed as one of the things being worked on (FlowMotion was introduced in Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance and will feature in KH3). The title "Kingdom Hearts 2.9" was briefly seen at E3, but was never discussed.

My guess would be that they're releasing a PS3 version of Dream Drop Distance. Or perhaps they're going to put all the games from the 1.5 and 2.5 HD Remixes together on one disc along with Dream Drop Distance, to be released on PS3 and PS4--which would be very convenient for me. :P Either way, it makes sense if this were to be DDD, since the goal of the ReMIXES was to unify the story on one console, which wouldn't be complete without DDD considering how much of the final plot of the Xehanort Saga is introduced there.

Whichever's the case, I really hope it is Dream Drop Distance. I LOVED that game, but I don't play it as much as I would if it had been on the PS3/4.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

That is great news! I hope it's true:D

Kingdom Hearts 3 gets detailed and 2.9 gets leaked
http://www.gamezone.com/news/kingdom-he ... ed-3424540

I have no interest in playing Pixar Worlds though, I hope they keep them to a minimum if they are to be included. It would be so annoying if Toy Story, Brave, Cars or whatever takes the place of classic Disney Animation Worlds like Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Beauty and the Beast. Kingdom Hearts is a marriage between classic Disney and Final Fantasy/Square Enix. Pixar (as well as Star Wars or Marvel) have no place in the Kingdom Hearts series as I see it. It would be totally out of place.

But I suspect that it is likely that Disney/Pixar/Lasseter would want to squeeze in as much Pixar Worlds as possible into upcoming Kingdom Hearts games. The Pixar movies are already taking more and more place in the Disney parks and at the Disney Stores it seems.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
2Disney4Ever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by 2Disney4Ever »

Prince Edward wrote:I have no interest in playing Pixar Worlds though, I hope they keep them to a minimum if they are to be included. It would be so annoying if Toy Story, Brave, Cars or whatever takes the place of classic Disney Animation Worlds like Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Beauty and the Beast. Kingdom Hearts is a marriage between classic Disney and Final Fantasy/Square Enix. Pixar (as well as Star Wars or Marvel) have no place in the Kingdom Hearts series as I see it. It would be totally out of place.
Well when you put it that way, Tangled and Big Hero 6 should have no place in Kingdom Hearts either, cause they're also taking the place of classic Disney animation.