Pixar Is Making More Sequels

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Pixar Is Making More Sequels

Post by Sotiris »

Robert Iger wrote:On the animation front, Pixar continues to create great value for our company too. We are very excited about Monsters University which opens next month. Pixar's slate of films for the next five years includes fantastic original stories as well as some great sequels to their previous hits. And as we recently announced, we are in production on one of those sequels, Finding Dory.
Source: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/walt-disn ... 03058.html

Update (6/27/13)
It’s part of what Catmull says is a strategy to release “one and a half” films a year. “We’re going to have an original film every year, then every other year have a sequel to something,” he says. “That’s the rough idea.”
Source: http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/pixar ... ne-origina
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney_freak
Gold Classic Collection

Re: More Sequels for Pixar?

Post by Disney_freak »

I'm assuming the other sequel(s) is either Brave or The Incredibles? That's what I would hope because the other films don't need sequels. Unless it's another Toy Story. .-.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm willing to bet the sequels are Brave 2 (for merchandising opportunities with the Disney Princess line), Cars 3 (ditto), and/or The Incredibles 2 (just because superhero films seem to be doing major business). Or Toy Story 4?
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney_freak wrote:I'm assuming the other sequel(s) is either Brave or The Incredibles?
I don't think sequels to Brave or The Incredibles will be happening within the next five years. Mark Andrews is working on another film and I just don't believe the studio wants to do another princess movie. They barely pulled off the first one. As for The Incredibles, with WDAS' superhero project Big Hero 6 (and its potential sequels) mixed with Brad Bird's fascination for live-action filmmaking, I doubt it will get a sequel anytime soon. My bet is on Toy Story 4. It's Pixar's most successful franchise after all.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Sotiris wrote:As for The Incredibles, with WDAS' superhero project Big Hero 6 (and its potential sequels) mixed with Brad Bird's fascination for live-action filmmaking, I doubt it will get a sequel anytime soon.
I was thinking that The Incredibles 2 might be unlikely with BH6 coming soon. I just thought maybe it would be coming a few years after BH6 finally gets here.
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Pixar has:

Monsters University 2013
The Good Dinosaur May 2014
Inside Out June 2015/Finding Dory November 2015
Dia de los muertos sometime in 2016

We won't see any sequeals for atleast 4 years. Toy Story/Cars & Brave have the best chance at more sequeals cause of they're the face of Pixar Merchandise.

The Incredibles 2 is the sequeal everyone wants, but that's up to Brad Bird who is busy right now on live-action films "Tommorowland".
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

It would be really funny if it ended up being a sequel to A Bug's Life. The jaws of every single person on the planet would just drop to the ground.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

estefan wrote:It would be really funny if it ended up being a sequel to A Bug's Life. The jaws of every single person on the planet would just drop to the ground.
The funny thing is, besides The Incredibles, I think A Bug's Life is the Pixar movie with the strongest potential for a sequel.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Avaitor wrote:
estefan wrote:It would be really funny if it ended up being a sequel to A Bug's Life. The jaws of every single person on the planet would just drop to the ground.
The funny thing is, besides The Incredibles, I think A Bug's Life is the Pixar movie with the strongest potential for a sequel.
What would be funny is if Dreamwork's released an Antz sequeal :lol:
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

Pixar has been bitten by the Once-ler bug. :down: :down: :down:
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

I'm trying to keep an open mind here. Let's focus on the positives, a sequel from Pixar comes every now and then and it seems original ideas still have the lead. They also said "some" so that's Finding Dory and maybe something else (basically in this case it could mean 3-4 sequels and I don't like those numbers myself). But nothing's set in stone and hopefully things can change. Again I try to keep an open mind about this and ever since Cars 2 it's become hard for me to trust a sequel and how nowadays I feel some films should be standalone and fear of a year where movies will be nothing but sequels (and this is coming from someone who wants The Stooge starring Mickey and Roger to be made more than a Roger Rabbit sequel and from someone who enjoyed the Ice Age films!). Those of you who did enjoy Cars 2, good for you, I'm happy that there are some who did like it.

A Bug's Life sequel, I don't know. If however it's a film set within the Bug's Life universe with new characters and settings and no old characters returning, then it could work (like the sequel could focus on a butterfly for example). Maybe call it Another Bug's Life. :P

On a side note, I cannot wait for Monsters University and Despicable Me 2. ;)
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I'm actually looking more forward to Despicable Me 2 over Monsters U. The trailers for Monsters U have not really impressed me a lot. But that's just me.

Also would anyone be against if they made an Incredibles 2 if they didn't use Brad Bird or if he wasn't available by the time Pixar wanted to do it?
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:A Bug's Life sequel, I don't know. If however it's a film set within the Bug's Life universe with new characters and settings and no old characters returning, then it could work (like the sequel could focus on a butterfly for example). Maybe call it Another Bug's Life. :P
Yeah, I was joking about A Bug's Life 2. I don't see it happening. Not only is it the Pixar movie that very rarely seems to be brought up in their advertising and is probably the least popular film in their catalogue, I think the main reason is how pivotal Heimlich is and I don't see them recasting a Joe Ranft-voiced character. I know they've recast other parts when their actors past away, but Ranft was such a special part of Pixar and they might feel uncomfortable recasting a character he voiced.

But your idea of focusing on a new group of insects could definitely work. :)

Also, disneyboy, you're not alone in anticipating Despicable Me 2 more than Monsters University. DM2 could be a funny sequel, while nothing seems to be exciting me about Monsters U, though like every single film, I will walk in with a positive attitude. I'm actually like Cars 2, so it's not out of the question for me to like Monsters University, despite my zero anticipation for it.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Toonist26

Post by Toonist26 »

I think the film Teddy Newton is directing could be a sequel to The Incredibles. He's one of the artists Brad Bird brought to Pixar from Warner Bros, and even had a voice over cameo in Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol so maybe Bird has handed The Incredibles over to him?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Toonist26 wrote:I think the film Teddy Newton is directing could be a sequel to The Incredibles. He's one of the artists Brad Bird brought to Pixar from Warner Bros, and even had a voice over cameo in Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol so maybe Bird has handed The Incredibles over to him?

I wouldn't have a problem with that. The story is bigger than the director.

Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

disneyboy20022 wrote:I wouldn't have a problem with that. The story is bigger than the director.
The Incredibles was written by Brad Bird.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Lnds500 wrote:
disneyboy20022 wrote:I wouldn't have a problem with that. The story is bigger than the director.
The Incredibles was written by Brad Bird.

Ah okay. Well I still think it wouldn't be terrible if someone else does it anyway.

Also as much as Bug's Life isn't popular, I think the real weakest film is obviously Cars 2.

Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I think one of our next sequels could very well end up being for the incredibles.
"I have been thinking about it," Bird said of an Incredibles sequel in a recent interview with THR. "People think that I have not been, but I have. Because I love those characters and love that world. I am stroking my chin and scratching my head. I have many, many elements that I think would work really well in another [Incredibles] film, and if I can get 'em to click all together, I would probably wanna do that.
"I like the idea of moving a little more quickly in films," he continued. "I'm looking for ways to accelerate the pace a little bit and figure out a way to keep creative control over these movies to a level where I'm comfortable with the end result but also speed them up a bit and make more of them. I have many different films I wanna make. It's like a big airplane hangar and I have different projects on the floor; half-assembled in my brain. I'm interested in all of them. You kind of have to move on the ones people are willing to pay for and the ones you're most excited about."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/16/ ... -star-wars
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

ANOTHER Pixar Sequel has been Confirmed!

Post by Semaj »

Hey, since people are buying into their sequels, why not another? :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ib27FH0yRk[/youtube]
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

We'll be getting a Pixar sequel every other year!
It’s part of what Catmull says is a strategy to release “one and a half” films a year. “We’re going to have an original film every year, then every other year have a sequel to something,” he says. “That’s the rough idea.”
Source: http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/pixar ... ne-origina

So, the release schedule will probably be something like this:
The Good Dinosaur - May 30, 2014

Inside Out - June 19, 2015
Finding Dory - November 25, 2015

Untitled Dia de los Muertos Film - June 17, 2016

Teddy Newton's Untitled Original Film - June 16, 2017
Untitled Sequel (Toy Story 4?) - November 22, 2017

Mark Andrews' Untitled Original Film - June 15, 2018

Untitled Original Film - June 2019
Untitled Sequel - November 2019

and so on.