Tangled (& Tangled Ever After) Discussion: Part VII

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D82
Signature Collection

Re: Tangled (& Tangled Ever After) Discussion: Part VII

Post by D82 »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:28 am multiple Storyboard pieces for Glen Keanes Rapunzel, by Mike Gabriel
Thanks for posting, The Disneynerd!
Warm Regards wrote: โ†‘Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:23 pm According to Tumblr, some new Tangled concept art appears in Disney Sketchbook episode 4 (Peter Pan | Captain Hook by Jin Kim). Rapunzel holding the mirror is new to me -- maybe someone can verify if it's new or old.

Blog Source:

https://tangledbea.tumblr.com/post/6827 ... sketchbook
I forgot to reply to this when it was posted. I think it is new, Warm Regards. At least I hadn't seen some of those character poses before. By the way, the Disney Sketchbook series was much better than it seemed at first. I liked that, apart from drawing and giving advice about it, the artists shared information about their lives and careers at Disney. I learned several things about them I didn't know thanks to it.
Lele wrote: โ†‘Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:29 am I just found out that even in the english original dub when Rapunzel introduces herself, Eugene replies by saying "Gesundheit" which is the german word for "Bless you" :lol:

Along with the dirndl she wears and so on, it's nice that all those german cultural elements are very clear in the movie :)
I think I had googled "Gesundheit" because I knew it meant that. Yes, it's a funny joke. I didn't know Rapunzel's outfit was inspired by a traditional German dress, though. I think the castle's domes were also inspired by European architecture.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Screenshot from a 10 second Rapunzel Unbraided Animation test :minnie: :minnie: :minnie: :minnie: :minnie: :minnie:
Attachments
Screenshot (1022).png
Screenshot (1022).png (218.39 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Thanks Disneynerd! Great find! Oh, what I would give to see more than just that taste of it, and what I would give to have seen Glen Keane's Fragonard Rapunzel come true...
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:51 am Thanks Disneynerd! Great find! Oh, what I would give to see more than just that taste of it, and what I would give to have seen Glen Keane's Fragonard Rapunzel come true...
Youre very welcome Disney Duster!! :) I agree, Rapunzel Unbraided would have been something pleasing visually. To think that Disney made the first moves of artistic stylised Cg with this DECADES before it became a trend now with every other animated movie, so ahead of its time. I hope that Disney would try to aim this specific oil painting style for an animated fairytale it would be so timeless as its the most beautiful ive seen so far for any movie :drool:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Actually, I was talking about Glen Keane's Rapunzel, not Rapunzel Unbraided, as he was going to title it Rapunzel when they changed the story to be the traditional, faithful version of the fairy tale, before Glen had his heart attack and was taken off the project. And I agree, had they really accomplished the Fragonard and Rembrandt style in CGI, it would have been the most beautiful animated film ever created.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New artwork at the Disneyland Hotel in Disneyland Paris.

Source: https://twitter.com/laughing_place/stat ... 7671841247

Source: https://twitter.com/InsideDlpCastle/sta ... 6307115501
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

The "I See the Light" picture looks nicer than the moment does in the film, tbh.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

if Disney wants to earn some goodwill from audiences they should realease the storyboard versions of old Rapunzels they scrapped. Like the Snyder cut but in animation.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ccbaikis ... Z5Mm9kaWZu Early CG Animation test of Rapunzel, by Hyrum Osmond(probably Glen Keanes Version) I love this dress with its colours way more than the final. But DAMN her waist is tiny as hell here lol :mischief:
twihard wrote: โ†‘Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:30 pm if Disney wants to earn some goodwill from audiences they should realease the storyboard versions of old Rapunzels they scrapped. Like the Snyder cut but in animation.
Actually I stumbled across some storyboard for Rapunzel Unbraided, but it was way back in 2020. Idk what the heck i was typing on Google when i found it lol, because i cant find it anymore, its not even on the "Living Lines Library" (a Blog dedicated to every Tangled concept art). But I did save the pictures back then on my old phone memory card, I think i will manage to find it soon. :frog:
Anyway, what I still remember :eyebrow: ... the storyboard showed Claire and Vince (the Teens replacing Rapunzel and Prince Beau) and the squirrel and the dog (Rapunzel & Prince) going to the witches cabin in the woods in hope to find an antidote to undo the curse. They search numerous potions and Vince goofs around and Claire yells that he should take the situation seriously and help her to find it too, and later on they come across a Dwarf like person, the one in the Claire Keane concept art, locked in a cage. And they were panicking as the witch could come back any minute. Maybe she arrived and told them there is no antidote, but i dont remember really. :shifty:
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Resurfaced concept art by Douglas Rogers for "Rapunzel Unbraided" and "Rapunzel".

Rapunzel Unbraided:

image sharing

Rapunzel:

Image he looks like Mark Ruffalo here๐Ÿ˜

Credits:
https://douglasrogers.design/hey
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Wow the storyboard idea and the concept art! What finds! That scary witch! Thanks, Disneynerd!
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:20 pm Wow the storyboard idea and the concept art! What finds! That scary witch! Thanks, Disneynerd!
youre welcome, Dusterโœจ๏ธ! :wink: I will try to find the memory card with the storyboard the next couple days :oops: and im glad to see the 3d model pose to this iconic Rapunzel Unbraided concept art by Lisa Keene, even if its not rendered.
307px-RapunzelUnbraidedClaire.jpg
307px-RapunzelUnbraidedClaire.jpg (18.63 KiB) Viewed 318 times
(by the way thats my favourite concept art of all time its so stunning) I also wonder what story element might be behind the pic of the witch pointing at the castle :eyebrow: and I really love the concept art of The Dog and Rapunzel squirrel :woot:
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I love, love, love the Rapunzel concept art with her arm on her hip, too! My favorite concept art is def her on the swing, though. We also agree on the witch and castle and dog and squirrel concept arts!
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

I JUST FOUND THE CARD with the Rapunzel Unbraided storyboard!!!!!! :D :banana: :party: gotta transfer it to my phone and then I can Post them here! The GB card was from 2018 wow...
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

page012.jpg
page012.jpg (165.58 KiB) Viewed 143 times
I Scanned the image with google and the storyboards were created by Stephan Franck :milkbuds:
He wrote:
I had the great honor to work with Glen Keane on Rapunzel, which later was renamed Tangled. Below is the first sequence I ever drew of a waccom tablet. The table was minuscule, but I tried to conjured a little bit of the poetry that can be found in Glen's unique drawing.
The rest of the storyboards are on his website, including an interaction with the witch: :frog: https://www.stephanfranck.com/rapunzel