Frozen: Part III

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Re: Frozen: Part III

Post by disneyprincess11 »

qindarka wrote:Is it really so hard to show scenes from the film itself rather than wasting time animating scenes exclusively for the teaser?
Yeah, the first "teaser" from WIR was actually the trailer which had a LOT of footage. I don't know if there's little animation for Frozen, explaining why there's a scene from it or Disney is just being lazy like Tangled.
Sotiris wrote:Do they honestly think that a teaser with Olaf will get positive reactions? I don't think it's appropriate for the very first look of the film.
Remember how people reacted to Ray during the teaser? Disney can make that mistake again.
Prince Kido
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Prince Kido »

I'm not totally sure that the footage shown in the teaser will not be in the final movie but this is what I understood, and I didn't see it myself.
Anyway, I know you all want to see Anna, Elsa, and a full trailer of the movie but we'll have to wait a little more guys because the production is in a very tight schedule and it's tiring to have people who always complain.
Just let Disney market this movie the way they think it's the best for them, even if it sounds like the way they marketed Tangled, especially since maybe it was one of the reasons that made Tangled a hit after all.
Remember we are only a veryyy few "desperate" fans here who can't wait for Frozen, so be faithful and stay confident. There's still time to promote this movie in the upcoming months, and this movie will be as cool as was Tangled I think from all what I saw and knew. ;)
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

qindarka wrote:Is it really so hard to show scenes from the film itself rather than wasting time animating scenes exclusively for the teaser?
I don't think they'll be animating any scenes exclusively for the teaser. I bet they're just going to use already-finished test footage.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
WonderNeverOz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WonderNeverOz »

Prince Kido wrote:The website Blueskydisney confirms what I already knew but couldn't tell yet : the first teaser of Frozen will appear soon, in front of Monsters University, but it will be a teaser, not a trailer and will show 2 characters that are not the main ones you would expect to see and which won't be in the final movie.
More here : http://www.blueskydisney.com/2013/05/fr ... -time.html
I would rather see a teaser with a beautiful background, like disney did with tangled
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8-EEYLNVsw
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney has removed the promotional image in question from their Facebook page. Well, that didn't take long. :lol:
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Sotiris wrote:Disney has removed the promotional image in question from their Facebook page. Well, that didn't take long. :lol:
Odd since that is an OFFICIAL page. But, why are they seriously hiding EVERYTHING? :roll: :roll: Really, Tangled, PATF, & WIR had like everything out by now.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

disneyprincess11 wrote:
Sotiris wrote:Disney has removed the promotional image in question from their Facebook page. Well, that didn't take long. :lol:
Odd since that is an OFFICIAL page. But, why are they seriously hiding EVERYTHING? :roll: :roll: Really, Tangled, PATF, & WIR had like everything out by now.

Like I said months ago, WDAS is just not confident in this film. You don't keep pulling images of this film month after month! It looks like they they are breaking tradition with a "teaser trailer with Olaf" this June. That could be a disaster, most people have no idea about this film & that teaser will be their first impression. Tangled had it's teaser in March, 2010 & WIR while it had no teaser, it did have "mock video game" arcade cabinet. Kido said we will have to wait a little longer for the final trailer. I'm now thinking it will now be with Disney's Planes in August. It seems like as the months go by, things just keep getting worse for this film. I'm glad "Big Hero 6" won't go through any crap like this.
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

Prince Kido wrote:and it's tiring to have people who always complain.
Indeed! They don't know when to quit...
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

While constant complaints can be annoying, I find people who complain about others complaining, instead of simply ignoring them, equally tiresome.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

DisneyEra wrote:I'm glad "Big Hero 6" won't go through any crap like this.
That's the problem. Big Hero 6 is especially targeted at boys, who are of course love superheros and Marvel fans. Disney has nothing to worry about about BH6.

On the other hand, Frozen is a fairytale and boys hate fairytales. Moreover, sadly today, kids are brainwashed to crap like the DC shows and stupid garbage like Beverly Hills Chihuahus and Air Buddies. So, of course, when they see a goofy snowman...ice-skating?...., they will laugh. Because it's a goofy snowman, ice-skating. And of course, all kids movies today have over-the-top marketing like farting or getting hurt like a Dreamworks or Fox movie, so that will be attracted to kids.

So, thinking like a kid (and think of Tangled which was a massive hit because of the lousy marketing), would you be attracted to a trailer of a stupid snowman or a big, musical epic trailer which gives the story away?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

disneyprincess11 wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:Wow Elsa's dress looks so beautiful and that snowman looks so retarded!
Actually, it's Anna, but Olaf.....scary..... :huh:
No I meant Elsa's dress, the blue one that is on a small sketch and you see two views of it, one from the back.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

disneyprincess11 wrote:
DisneyEra wrote:I'm glad "Big Hero 6" won't go through any crap like this.
That's the problem. Big Hero 6 is especially targeted at boys, who are of course love superheros and Marvel fans. Disney has nothing to worry about about BH6.

On the other hand, Frozen is a fairytale and boys hate fairytales. Moreover, sadly today, kids are brainwashed to crap like the DC shows and stupid garbage like Beverly Hills Chihuahus and Air Buddies. So, of course, when they see a goofy snowman...ice-skating?...., they will laugh. Because it's a goofy snowman, ice-skating. And of course, all kids movies today have over-the-top marketing like farting or getting hurt like a Dreamworks or Fox movie, so that will be attracted to kids.

So, thinking like a kid (and think of Tangled which was a massive hit because of the lousy marketing), would you be attracted to a trailer of a stupid snowman or a big, musical epic trailer which gives the story away?
I Agree. Here is some of what the Los Angeles Times said in March 2010 when Rapunzel was changed to Tangled "Rapunzel gets a restyling for boys" by Dawn C. Chmielewski & Claudia Eller:

Princesses have played an integral role in Disney's animation division since the 1937 debut of "Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs all the way to last year's "Princess & the Frog". Princesses & other female protagonists helped lead the 1980s and '90s revival of the animation unit with "the Little Mermaid" & "Beauty & the Beast" & "Mulan".The difference between those releases & the "Princess & the Frog" is that those earlier films weren't marketed as princess movies.

The female characters emerged as a brand only in 1999, when Disney Consumer Products lumped 9 of the favorite Disney princesses together to sell toys, clothing & other merchandise. That licensing business accounted for $3.7 billion in retail sales last year.

About those stupid movies, they're just fads! First it was Scooby Doo, then Chipmunks & now it's Smurfs!
As for Tangled, i'm glad it turned out the way it did. Have you ever seen the "Rapunzel Unbraided" clip on youtube? Thank God it wasn't like that. The marketing/name switch for Tangled worked! It fooled the mainstream audience into thinking this was another Shrek-like film when it was actually a modern fairy-tale musical! To me it was Disney's best marketing for an animated film since Lilo & Stitch.

And as for Big Hero 6, while it is a Marvel property, it's still obscure! The video-clip of San Fransokyo on youtube has recieved about 2million hits, but most people are not looking forward to it or know anything about it. But Marvel is now gender-neutral. I see women today wearing Marvel shirts, you would have never seen this like 15 years ago.

If WDAS releases a Frozen teaser trailer with Olaf front & center, bad word-of-mouth could spread! Just the site of this character can turn people off & he will be the first introduction most people will see when they're first exposed to Frozen :(
Edthehyena
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Edthehyena »

Wait a minute ! There's a strange alchemy with average common people's humor...
Every time there's a teaser in theaters with Scrat and his acorn, people are delightful...
Who knows ? Maybe the teaser with Olaf will have the same impact than that kind of teasers with Scrat ? Goofy people, boys and teenagers like goofy stuff. And WE will still have our wonderful magical, emotional, dramatic movie eventually, like it happened with Tangled.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

DisneyEra wrote:
disneyprincess11 wrote:Have you ever seen the "Rapunzel Unbraided" clip on youtube? Thank God it wasn't like that. The marketing/name switch for Tangled worked! It fooled the mainstream audience into thinking this was another Shrek-like film when it was actually a modern fairy-tale musical! To me it was Disney's best marketing for an animated film since Lilo & Stitch.
? That clip looked better then the final result. Yes, I'll agree that the synopsis of the plot didn't sound good, but visually speaking that test looked closer to being as organic looking as hand drawn animation.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Kyle wrote:
DisneyEra wrote:
? That clip looked better then the final result. Yes, I'll agree that the synopsis of the plot didn't sound good, but visually speaking that test looked closer to being as organic looking as hand drawn animation.
I agree, the opening montage of the kindom/san fransico was neatly animated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SMpL_J2_gc
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Kyle wrote:That clip looked better then the final result.
I agree. It's good to know I'm not the only one who thinks that. Glen Keane's stylistic approach had so much potential. They could have achieved something exceptional and unique but instead they ended up with a very conventional-looking film.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Edthehyena wrote:Wait a minute ! There's a strange alchemy with average common people's humor...
Every time there's a teaser in theaters with Scrat and his acorn, people are delightful...
Who knows ? Maybe the teaser with Olaf will have the same impact than that kind of teasers with Scrat ? Goofy people, boys and teenagers like goofy stuff. And WE will still have our wonderful magical, emotional, dramatic movie eventually, like it happened with Tangled.
It could get a reaction from the crowds that are easily humored, but I personally find Scrat hilarious and so far like nothing about Olaf.
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
Tangled
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tangled »

I find it hilarious that I somehow got the top comment on the Rapunzel Unbraided clip (as Rarietty C). I recall watching it, but not posting that comment. Still, those are my literal thoughts of that video. The beginning is so gorgeous and breathe-taking...but then you see San Francisco and it goes downhill from there. I'm sure Disney could have done a "reverse Enchanted" well (with real world people going into the fairy tale world), just not with Rapunzel.

However, I doubt a CG Disney film will ever live up to the painterly beauty of the first minute of that clip, at least not in my lifetime. They're planning on only spending a year animating each film and actually making a profit. Tangled alone had a huge budget due to techniques that weren't even used in the final film, and to be honest, I doubt Disney would take the risk to try and animate a movie completely in that style again after how Tangled turned out. It's just not worth it money-wise, especially considering that typical run-of-the-mill CGI animation still works well and looks good. Frozen is no exception.
Marky_198
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marky_198 »

Tangled wrote: I doubt Disney would take the risk to try and animate a movie completely in that style again after how Tangled turned out. It's just not worth it money-wise, especially considering that typical run-of-the-mill CGI animation still works well and looks good. Frozen is no exception.
The generic way Tangled turned out was their own choice. They could have used the style of the opening sequence of that concept trailer, and the style of character animation of the Rapunzel unbraided clip. Now THAT would make the film go down in history like a milestone, a revolution in animation history.

If Walt would have had that attitude of "let's keep on going with what we have", we would never have gotten past the Silly Symphonies and Betty Boop look. (A look which can be very well compared to the look of Rapunzel). A rubbery-limbed character look, as described by various Disney historians. No, Walt was a pioneer, he wanted to be innovative with styles.

There are some people out there who understand it, like Glen Keane, but unfortunately they are being obstructed by animation barbarians.
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

DisneyEra wrote:

DisneyEra is right. Kids today are more attracted to The Shrek style of animated flicks and parents today are also attracted to the animated Shrek style, DreamWorks style of movies. So Disney has to do this to get people on the seats. Sad, but true

Gen Z reminds me of those Evolution T-shirts were we have the guy going " Head back, we messed up " !