Treasure Planet Blu-Ray (July 3, 2012)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

So it does seem to be missing a few things from the DVD (the music video comes to mind) but it looks like it got most of the meaty stuff. And the A/V quality is good, which is really all I care about at this point.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Pokeholic_Prince
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Pokeholic_Prince »

Good review, the only thing I disagree with is that he thinks the film is average. I personally think it is very underrated and deseves better recognition.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Nice long story about Treasure Planet on Blu-Ray.com:
Blu-Ray.com: The History of Treasure Planet
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

Double points on TP & HOTR with DMR. Now I hope somebody carries it for a decent price since it's not in any ads. If I order it from Amazon or DMC it won't get here by July 9th (last date for the double points).
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
Pokeholic_Prince
Gold Classic Collection

I work at Target and we usually have pretty decent prices for new releases, usually cheaper than DMC. I'm pretty sure we're gonna have a deal where you get additional discounts if you buy the two films together.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

buffalobill wrote:Double points on TP & HOTR with DMR.
Double points today? Nice! It's a good thing I'm getting both Treasure Planet and Home on the Range in the mail today :)
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

Getting TP & HOTR at Target. Best Buy, Wal Mart & Toys R Us didn't get a single copy in. When they finally put out a catalog title Disney doesn't even try to sell it. :x At least Target has them at a decent price of $19.99.
When they weren't in the Sunday ads I feared something like this. Glad at least Target got them. Could've ordered them from Amazon or DMC but wouldn't have gotten them in time for the double points.
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

buffalobill wrote:Getting TP & HOTR at Target. Best Buy, Wal Mart & Toys R Us didn't get a single copy in. When they finally put out a catalog title Disney doesn't even try to sell it. :x At least Target has them at a decent price of $19.99.
When they weren't in the Sunday ads I feared something like this. Glad at least Target got them. Could've ordered them from Amazon or DMC but wouldn't have gotten them in time for the double points.
I got mine at Target as well for $19.99. Didn't feel like driving all the way up to Best Buy to find out they weren't on sale or they didn't have them in stock. Target only had two copes of each movie!

I am surprised they didn't have the buy 2 and save $8 to $10 dollars on the box.
OH well, at least I got them on Blu-ray and double points! :D
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

No one near me had this or "Home on the Range." I tried a Best Buy and a Newbury Comics but no dice. The Barnes and Noble downtown had one copy of "Treasure Planet" but it had no slip and was like $26, and that wasn't gonna fly for me. I ended up ordering them both on Target's website. I hope they come quickly enough.
Pokeholic_Prince wrote:I'm pretty sure we're gonna have a deal where you get additional discounts if you buy the two films together.
...so much for that I guess, huh?
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
KACENAID
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KACENAID »

SpringHeelJack wrote:
Pokeholic_Prince wrote:I'm pretty sure we're gonna have a deal where you get additional discounts if you buy the two films together.
...so much for that I guess, huh?
I knew this wasn't possible. It doesn't make sense for Target to have a promotion like that and not....promote it.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Yeah, it was a weird thing to assume. Sometimes places won't mention a sale price in an ad just in the interest of space (like how Best Buy had Newsies for $12.99 when it came out but never stated it anywhere except on the in-store display tag), but it'd be highly unlikely not to mention a combined deal like that. Pity though.
Pokeholic_Prince
Gold Classic Collection

KACENAID wrote:
SpringHeelJack wrote: ...so much for that I guess, huh?
I knew this wasn't possible. It doesn't make sense for Target to have a promotion like that and not....promote it.
I guess, but it's still cheaper than DMC. I never got to see the ad though.
KACENAID
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KACENAID »

^Actually DMC is essentially the same price minus a few cents if you bought both as the double feature for the month's featured selection, and it has free shipping. :)
Pokeholic_Prince
Gold Classic Collection

KACENAID wrote:^Actually DMC is essentially the same price minus a few cents if you bought both as the double feature for the month's featured selection, and it has free shipping. :)
Yeah, but with my team member discount I get a few bucks off. Plus if you're buying it individually you're saving like 10bucks plus shipping.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Ugh. Disney, if you're gonna release your lesser known films on Blu-ray, at least TRY to advertise them! :roll:
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

SpringHeelJack wrote:So it does seem to be missing a few things from the DVD (the music video comes to mind) but it looks like it got most of the meaty stuff. And the A/V quality is good, which is really all I care about at this point.
After reading the reviews on Blu-ray.com and DVDActive.com the only thing that seems to be missing are the galleries. The music video is there.