DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Disneymania thread
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:19 pm 
Banned

This thread is for speculation for the Disneymania series. You can post anything DM thoughts on this thread.

Update: Disneymania 5 is on sale, let's hope DM 6 will bring better luck.

My thoughts for DM 5

D.C.S: remake of My Own Home from Jungle Book, should be a lovely well written ballad.

Simple Plan: Pink Elephants. Kinda see that as a mild punk rock) throw in some oringal or add more lyrics to it. Or SP can remake Everybody Wants To Be A Cat , the band's style could flow so well with this song.

Kelly Clarkson: 2nd star to the right. Everytime I hear Breakaway I vision her beats and tones for 2nd star to the right.

SonicFlood: When You Wish Upon A Star. They're an christain band who knows how to reach out to your soul, I'm hoping they land on DM 5.

Ashley Tisdale: Kiss The Girl (Great vid./remake) I loved the vid that she made and fell in love with her verison. She might be good for Go The Distance or Baby Mine, didn't warm up to Michale Crawford's take, it sounded too childish yet kept the song's heart. + Ash should do it as a ballad and not mild pop.

write back please

sign Mason

Last edited by Mason_Ireton on Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:14 am 
Limited Edition

While your speculations sound great, I feel obliged to tell you that you probably will never see big name artists like Kelly or Simple Plan on the DisneyMania albums. As the series has gone on, the artists have been less and less well-known. It would be a miracle to get a chart-topping artist to do a remake.

But as for songs, I would love to hear more remakes from Peter Pan, Mulan (particularly I'll Make A Man Out Of You), and Hunchback of Notre Dame. Also, they need to focus on songs that haven't already been remade.

Post subject: Re: Disneymania 5
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:23 am 
Banned

Well there's been a couple of mega artists who particpated in the DM series like Smash Mouth, B5, Hillary Duff, Baha Men, Jessica Simpson, etc. I agree bout Disney having trouble getting artists like Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Kelly Clarkson,etc.

As for songs I wouldn't mind hearing Your Mother And Mine being remade, Kimberly Locke could handle that song (she nailed Dream is a wish) Mulan, they keep adding remixes of Reflection to each volume, it's kinda getting annoying. Can't imagine how I'll Make A Man could be refreshed. Why Should I Worry (Olliver/Company) Should be remade as a rock song by Billy Joel himself. God Help The Outcast could def. use a remake, that could be use as a Sept. 11 commertaive song (if done right)

write back please

sign Mason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:44 pm 
Limited Edition

Kelly Clarkson on Disneymania 5 would be SO AWESOME, but I doubt she will do it. Also, "Your Mother and Mine" would be beautiful!

Based on what we already know may be on it, past trends, past repeats and recent new "music stars" on the Disney Channel, this is what I'm speculating. I hate that they repeat a lot, but the problem with Disney songs is that too many of them sound like showtunes no matter how you sing them. Hopefully we'll get more artists to really give the songs a new sound like what Skye Sweetnam did to "Part of Your World."

Given:
Ashley Tisdale - "Kiss the Girl"
Vanessa Anne Hudges - ??
Zac Efron - ??
Lucas Grabeel - probably the Fox and the Hound song he supposedly covered for the DVD

Likely:
Jesse McCartney - probably something from Peter Pan or about stars since that's all he's given us so far. Also he's been the series "big name star" since Disneymania 2. I can see him covering "Go the Distance."
Anneliese Van der Pol - IMO, she had the best track on the CD and if she doesn't come back for DM5 I'll be very very sad. I see her doing "Someone's Waiting for You" (The Rescuers), "God Help the Outcasts," or "Feed the Birds" (Mary Poppins). Also, she may decide to sing something up tempo. I hope they bring more less known classic Disney songs like how they had "Candle on the Water" on DM4. It would be AWESOME if she rerecorded "Beyond the Laughing Sky," the deleted/rewritten song from Alice in Wonderland.
Miley Cyrus - "Will The Sun Ever Shine Again" (Home on the Range) or "When Somebody Loved Me" (Toy Story 2) seem suited for her voice and style
Devo 2.0 - "Let's Get Together" or another 60s/70s Disney track. I'm still not sure whether or not I like them yet.
Jonas Brothers - "I Just Can't Wait to be King" or "The Bare Necessities" recover or they'll surprise us! They'd be awesome covering "I'll Make a Man Out of You," "Stand Out" from a Goofy Movie, or "Why Should I Worry?" from Oliver and Company!
Everlife - "No Way Out" or "Great Spirits" from Brother Bear or one of the new song from the Tarzan Broadway Musical soundtrack like "Everything That I Am." They've been sticking with Phil Collins so far. Maybe they'll recover "Beauty and the Beast" or "Circle of Life."
The Cheetah Girls - "Once Upon a Dream" or something from Eurobeat's Disney album. Their cover of "If I Never Knew You" sounds A LOT like Eurobeat's. Maybe they'll do "Bibiddi Bobiddib Boo."
Orlando Brown - he'll most likely rapify some very un-rap sounding Disney classic...:roll:

Maybe:
Disney Channel Stars - supposed "Route 66" cover for DVD
John Mayer - "Route 66" cover already on Cars soundtrack
Josh Gracin - "When I See an Elephant Fly" (taken from the Disney Songbook by Jim Brickman like Kimberely Locke's track was...well sort of since Disneymania 3 came out first)
Skye Sweetnam - she was only on the Target exclusive Disneymania 4, so I dunno if she's going to come back for 5. Hopefully she will b/c she rocks!
Aly and AJ - "Part of Your World" or "Belle" focusing more on the reprise than the main song, which could be made longer...maybe...
Taylor Hicks - ??

Wishful Thinking:
Kelly Clarkson - "God Help the Outcasts," "A Change in Me" (BatB Broadway), or "Reflection." If there's one person who can sing it just as well or maybe even better than Christina Aguilera, it's Kelly Clarkson.
Rob Thomas - "Strangers Like Me" or "I Will Go Sailing No More" (Toy Story)
Anything from Newsies! :)

I'll post more as I think of them ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:33 pm 
Banned

I agree they should start exposing the HSMS cast and bring in lesser known songs.

Vanessa Anne Hudges: Baby Mine (the pitch and tone would be a perfect couple for them) She has greet talent and knows how to take a chance with singing, would like to her remake Beyond The Laughing Sky or Go The Distance.

Jonas Bros.: Why I Should I worry (Defintly need a remake of it) they surpised us with their "Pirates" remake, they could also do When I See An Eleph. Fly or Pink Eleph. On Parade

Jesse McCartney: Go The Distance/ Out There. (Kinda getting tired of his star song but he does have a great voice)

Miley Cyrus: When Somebody Loved Me/ Your Mother And Mine (She portrayed Zip-A-Dee. As a slow beat instead of the popluar exzubrant beat.

Aly/AJ: Everybody Wants To Be A Cat/ Winnie The Pooh. They total refreshing Winnie The Pooh with a beat that defines the song's heart. Everybody's Cat can be a mild rock song like they did to Zip A Dee.

Kelly Clarkson would so nail 2nd Star To The Right yet that's a BIG IF.

Everlife: God Help The Outcasts. (should be done as a ballad)

Ash. Tisdale: Baby Mine/ My Own Home. My Own Home might work as a duet between Ash./Vanessa.

Ann. V. der Pol: Feed The Birds (with new scoring by the Sherman Bros)

Those are my sketches for DM 5. Sounds like you got some top class with the artists you picked out Kram.

write back please

sign Mason

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:39 pm 
Limited Edition

Mason_Ireton wrote:
Ash. Tisdale: Baby Mine/ My Own Home. My Own Home might work as a duet between Ash./Vanessa.

For a female duet, there's a really nice arrangement of "I'm Wishing/One Song" from Disney's On the Record. It might work for Ashley Tisdale and Vannessa Anne Hudges, but the style it was arranged/written in seems more suited for less poppy singers. Lol, I dunno, just an idea. "My Own Home" would sound nice as a duet too.

Mason_Ireton wrote:
Those are my sketches for DM 5. Sounds like you got some top class with the artists you picked out Kram.

Thanks! :) I liked the Jonas Brothers idea! They would so totally rock "Pink Elephants on Parade" :pink:!

I just thought of another song. "Love" from Robin Hood would make an interesting cover. It's a VERY 1970s style song and I would love to hear a revamped version. It's really short, but it's nice.

I just hope that Disneymania 5 isn't filled with re-covers because that would suck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:53 pm 

Kelly Clarkson - "God Help the Outcasts," "A Change in Me" (BatB Broadway), or "Reflection." If there's one person who can sing it just as well or maybe even better than Christina Aguilera, it's Kelly Clarkson.

ok yeah wishful thinking but its a good idea for Reflection i believe Kelly Clarkson would do a gr8 job on that song. i like Christina Aguilera doing that song but shes done it twice..i think Kelly shoud do it..besides it would be awsome if Kelly Clarkson would be on DSM5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:24 pm 
Banned

Yeah Kelly Clarkson would be a good choice for God Help The Outcast. Wouldn't mind hearing new artists too, that's why I collect the DM series, so many talented artist.

Belinda : You Belong to My Heart (The 3 Caballeros)

Everlife: The 3 Caballeros (The 3 Caballeros)

Bowling For Soup: Mickey Mouse Club (Mickey Mouse Club)

Jonas Bros.: I Saw A Dragon (Pete's Dragon)

Loren Ellis and The Drew Davis Band: The World Owes Me A Living (Grasshopper And The Ants)

Those are my dreamchoice for DM 5.

write back please

sign Mason

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:51 am 
Limited Edition

GaaraFan204 wrote:
ok yeah wishful thinking but its a good idea for Reflection i believe Kelly Clarkson would do a gr8 job on that song. i like Christina Aguilera doing that song but shes done it twice..i think Kelly shoud do it..besides it would be awsome if Kelly Clarkson would be on DSM5

Well Christina Aguilera didn't really do "Reflection" twice. The one on DM4 was just the same vocals with different background music. Sigh, we were cheated with that track. It's good for those who don't have the original Disneymania or her first album, but it's a total waste for those who already have it. I think they should've put the Target exclusive track of Skye Sweetnam's "Cruella De Vil" in its place and made the remixed "Reflection" a Target bonus. Kelly Clarkson would be really awesome if she did ANYTHING for Disneymania!! Man all this talk is making me think she did when she most likely didn't! :(

Mason_Ireton wrote:
Bowling For Soup: Mickey Mouse Club (Mickey Mouse Club)

Lol, funny you should mention this as I came across this video on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bn2oEaWnq8

I think "I Saw a Dragon" is too much of a showtune or even just a kiddie song to be a rock band cover. I dunno. If they do it, they could really really surprise us! If you still would like the Jonas Brothers singing about dragons, you should check out the Disney Channel show American Dragon: Jake Long b/c they rerecorded the theme song. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:00 pm 
Banned

Mickey Mouse Club: That was a zany, unpredictable vid. I've ever seen in my life, never heard that verison. Still it would be nice to hear a twist on it.

I wonder why Raven isn't included with The Cheetah Girls that much, aside from the movies, I bought Cheetah Girls 2 soundtrack and there was a mini poster with a tour list, Raven wasn't part of the group. So why isn't she with The Cheetahs whenever they appear on DM or other promos invovling the Cheetahs?

write back please

sign Mason

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:16 pm 

Mason_Ireton wrote:
Mickey Mouse Club: That was a zany, unpredictable vid. I've ever seen in my life, never heard that verison. Still it would be nice to hear a twist on it.

I wonder why Raven isn't included with The Cheetah Girls that much, aside from the movies, I bought Cheetah Girls 2 soundtrack and there was a mini poster with a tour list, Raven wasn't part of the group. So why isn't she with The Cheetahs whenever they appear on DM or other promos invovling the Cheetahs?

write back please

sign Mason
well i think its because Raven is busy with stuff for "Thats So Raven" and her singing as a soloist and shes also one of the voices in the movie "Evryones Hero" (i think the title's right) but she is still a Cheetah but she has other stuff to do..atleast thats what i think.. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:38 pm 
Banned

I kinda figured she'd be way too busy to attend the events with the Cheetahs, a couple days ago, Disneey 365 (actual Disney 411) interviewed the Cheetahs and they said that Raven went on tour or something like that.

which artist do you think might be a shoe in for DM 5, Gara?

write back please

sign Mason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:03 pm 
Limited Edition

Another good choice for the Jonas Brothers would be, in my opinion, "Gaston" from Beauty And The Beast.

But I don't think we'll see any of those lesser known Disney songs on the Disney Mania albums...but it could happen, we did get lucky with "Candle On The Water."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:20 am 

Mason_Ireton wrote:
I kinda figured she'd be way too busy to attend the events with the Cheetahs, a couple days ago, Disneey 365 (actual Disney 411) interviewed the Cheetahs and they said that Raven went on tour or something like that.

write back please

sign Mason
umm hard question....but i think since the DC cast did A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes they could also do When You Wish Apon A Star and also i think Simple Plan would be a good group for DM5 but right now i cant think of a song so ill get back to ya on that one.. :stitch:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:21 am 

Mason_Ireton wrote:

write back please

sign Mason
umm hard question....but i think since the DC cast did A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes they could also do When You Wish Apon A Star and also i think Simple Plan would be a good group for DM5 but right now i cant think of a song so ill get back to ya on that one.. :stitch:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:14 pm 
Banned

Here's offical proof of the songs that we've came up with for DM 5, the songs are gon'na appear on The Lil Mermaid Platinum 2 disc cd.

Disc One:

All the music/scores

Disc 2: BONUS VIDEO & AUDIO CONTENT

1. "Kiss the Girl" - performed by Ashley Tisdale
2. "Poor Unfortunate Souls" - performed by Jonas Brothers
3. "Part of Your World" - performed by Jessica Simpson
4. "Under the Sea" - performed by Raven-Symoné

Music Vids: Making of Ashley Tisdale's Kiss The Girl, Jonas Bros's Poor Unfortunate Souls.

I'm personaly hoping they include both Unfortunate Souls and Kiss The Girl on the possible DM 5

write back please

sign Mason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:55 pm 
Limited Edition

This thread is admittedly a little aged, but I really love talking/speculating about the next DisneyMania album. Has anyone heard anything else on the next one? They're usually released early in the year.
So far, we've got these tracks for the next one:

Cheetah Girls- Route 66 (Cars)
Jonas Brothers- Poor Unfortunate Souls (Little Mermaid)
Ashley Tisdale- Kiss The Girl (Little Mermaid)

Maybe:
Lucas Grabeele- You Know I Will (Fox and The Hound)
EverLife- Real Wild Child (The Wild)

...and I feel like I'm forgetting one... :?

Post subject: Speculating D.M 5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:48 pm 
Banned

numba1lostboy wrote:

So far, we've got these tracks for the next one:

Cheetah Girls- Route 66 (Cars)
Jonas Brothers- Poor Unfortunate Souls (Little Mermaid)
Ashley Tisdale- Kiss The Girl (Little Mermaid)

Maybe:
Lucas Grabeele- You Know I Will (Fox and The Hound)
EverLife- Real Wild Child (The Wild)

...and I feel like I'm forgetting one... :?

Cheetah Girls- Route 66

Jonas Bros. Poor Unfortunate Souls

Everlife- Real Wild Child

Lucas Grabeele- You Know I Will

?-2nd Star To The Right (Peter Pan's Platinum)

Ashley Tisdale- Kiss The Girl

That's all I could think bout the possible artists for Disneymania 5. I really think that The World Owes Me A Living (Grasshopper/Ants) could use a remake along with Who Killed Cock Robin (Cock Robin)

write back please

sign Mason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:56 pm 
Limited Edition

Kram Nebuer wrote:
Kelly Clarkson on Disneymania 5 would be SO AWESOME, but I doubt she will do it. Also, "Your Mother and Mine" would be beautiful!

I can see Kelly doing a remake of Your Mother and Mine. If Disney was smart, they'd release DM5 a few weeks before the PE of Peter Pan with this remake on it. But I doubt it would happen, anyway. :( It would be cool.

UDer #3495 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:07 pm 
Limited Edition

In true Disney fashion, i don't see them remaking a song in preparation for the Peter Pan PE. They have never released a DisneyMania-type song for a March PE. All the songs have been for the October PEs.
Jump5- Beauty And The Beast
DCCOS- Circle Of Life
Jessica Simpson/Nick Lachey- A Whole New World
DCCOS- A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes
Ashley Tisdale- Kiss The Girl

I really wish they would add a music video to the PE, because I really like them and Peter Pan is my favorite movie, but I don't see it happening.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next