Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2012

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Do the countries that 101 Dalmatians is being released in currently have the Diamond Collection, or are the Diamonds marketed there as simply Special Editions?

I don't really care that is has been removed from the collection (if that is the case), but if it hasn't perhaps it will be the spring 2013 Diamond in countries that have Diamonds.

If it has been dropped I'm hoping for a fall 2012 North American release. I'd love having it on Blu-ray. Diamond or not..

Here's hoping Lady and the Tramp brings word on some of these films North American releases.
Jäger-Rose
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jäger-Rose »

Germany has Diamonds. I think, every country now has them.
The Platinum titles were called Special Editions, earlier, but they came out at the same time. And later they were also called Platinum here. So It was just a name.
Jäger-Rose
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jäger-Rose »

New titles confirmed:
-The Fox and the Hound 2: Spring
-Pocahontas 2: Summer
-101 Dalmations 2: Fall
-Tarzan 2: not mentioned (so I guess no release)

I also asked for all other masterpieces but Disney Germany didn't confirm any other title than the ones we already know about.
And because they listed the sequels individually I guess they'll also be released that way :) At least I hope! But I sent another mail to make that sure.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Jäger-Rose wrote:New titles confirmed
Thanks! :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jäger-Rose
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jäger-Rose »

Pocahontas 1 & 2 will be available seperately :) So I guess the others will as well.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Jäger-Rose wrote:Pocahontas 1 & 2 will be available seperately :) So I guess the others will as well.
you connfirmed this? so I guess Europe will probably get a separate release. Awesome!!!
Jäger-Rose
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jäger-Rose »

Lnds500 wrote:
Jäger-Rose wrote:Pocahontas 1 & 2 will be available seperately :) So I guess the others will as well.
you connfirmed this? so I guess Europe will probably get a separate release. Awesome!!!
Disney Germany confirmed it. I just gave you the info :D
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Was looking at the cover art for Aladdin in bluray.com.

...obviously is not the real one, HOWEVER, when you look at the back cover it says on the spine 20 Anniversary Edition.

What´s with this?
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

DC Fan wrote:Was looking at the cover art for Aladdin in bluray.com.

...obviously is not the real one, HOWEVER, when you look at the back cover it says on the spine 20 Anniversary Edition.

What´s with this?
There was speculation that Disney would release it as a 20th anniversary edition.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Lnds500 wrote:
DC Fan wrote:Was looking at the cover art for Aladdin in bluray.com.

What´s with this?
There was speculation that Disney would release it as a 20th anniversary edition.
Yes, that´s why I ask. Could this back cover/spine be real or a work in progress?
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

DC Fan wrote:
Lnds500 wrote: There was speculation that Disney would release it as a 20th anniversary edition.
Yes, that´s why I ask. Could this back cover/spine be real or a work in progress?
No. It's fan-made.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Tarzan and Pocahontas for the UK. I'll post again when we have more info on exact release date

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV286321/
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV286741/

i did not find this, KingSimba from Blu-ray.com did.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Lnds500 wrote:Tarzan and Pocahontas for the UK. I'll post again when we have more info on exact release date

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV286321/
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV286741/
Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I'll be sad if we don't get any official confirmation for these in the states. I'd hate another Dumbo situation.
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

UmbrellaFish wrote:I'll be sad if we don't get any official confirmation for these in the states. I'd hate another Dumbo situation.
I agree. This is very strange for this many titles to be released all over the globe EXCEPT in the United States. Yet, the ONLY title officially announced for us after Lady & the Tramp is Cinderella in the fall (and The Little Mermaid in 2013). Of course the fact that it makes no sense is right up WDHE's alley at the moment. :roll:
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

UmbrellaFish wrote:I'll be sad if we don't get any official confirmation for these in the states. I'd hate another Dumbo situation.
Same.

If that happens I may look into importing some of these if they are region free (also depending on price).
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Yeah, after that I just can’t get excited until I’m holding it in my hands. Remember, we had a flyer and a trailer for that one.
Jäger-Rose
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jäger-Rose »

Did you see that yet?
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/ATBVF020879/
So there's obviously going to be a release of The Rescuers in the UK soon. But maybe they won't be sold individually (looking at the title of the rating sheet).
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

Jäger-Rose wrote:Did you see that yet?
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/ATBVF020879/
So there's obviously going to be a release of The Rescuers in the UK soon. But maybe they won't be sold individually (looking at the title of the rating sheet).
I don't really mind a film being paired with it's sequel when they were both theatrical releases and part of the DAC canon, such as the case with The Rescuers and Fantasia. It just gets a little iffy when they throw a classic together with something that went straight-to-video.

Even though we don't have confirmations of anything besides Lady and the Tramp and Cinderella in the US, 2012 is really shaping up to have a lot of great Disney releases! I get excited about every title, but I am really looking forward to The Rescuers/Down Under and Tarzan the most so far.
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

I don´t mind except that here in Spain they put the number of the Classics in the spine.

That´s the reason I´m making this collection to a friend, and I´m looking for old releases (knowing they will rerelease them soon) because of the cheap prices and so she can have them individually and in chronlogical number.