It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Should I buy it?
Yes 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 4
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:44 pm 
Platinum Edition

I've recently watched both animes for this manga--FMA and FMA: Brotherhood, plus the movies. I'm just wondering if anyone who has seen the shows and also read the manga if the manga has substantial differences and details that it would be worth buying? I have no doubt it's good, but if Brotherhood follows the manga almost verbatim, I'm just wondering if I should get the manga at a better time.

I'm not sure if there'll be any responses, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. :P

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:06 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Disney's Divinity wrote:
I've recently watched both animes for this manga--FMA and FMA: Brotherhood, plus the movies. I'm just wondering if anyone who has seen the shows and also read the manga if the manga has substantial differences and details that it would be worth buying? I have no doubt it's good, but if Brotherhood follows the manga almost verbatim, I'm just wondering if I should get the manga at a better time.

I'm not sure if there'll be any responses, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. :P

Brotherhood pretty much follows the manga very closely. I don't think you'll miss out much except for maybe a few minor differences. It's up to you if you want spend money on the manga or not.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:23 pm 
Platinum Edition

Thanks. After sitting on it, I think I'll wait to buy these in the future, maybe when I have the urge to come back to FMA.

Especially since I've watched both Soul Eater and Black Butler recently (loved both in different ways), and want to buy the manga volumes for those since their anime versions deviate so much from the original plots.

Btw, do you think Naruto and Bleach are worth getting the manga (if you've read them)? They both have 3-in-1 volumes out, which makes it easier to afford long-running series.