DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NFL playoffs
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:18 pm 
Special Edition

So, any football fans here on UD? Who do you think will win the Divisional Round?

My picks for the Divisional Games...

Saturday:
Seahawks over Saints
Patriots over Colts

Sunday:
Panthers over 49ers
Chargers over Broncos - Manning will choke again

Even though, I would rather see Manning going against Luck rather than Brady.

Last edited by Walter on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: NFL playoffs 2013-14
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 am 
Platinum Edition

This weekend is very crucial to which team 'wants it all' this year.

Seattle wins and will face the 49ers, AGAIN!!!

Denver should have no trouble winning over the surging San Diego Chargers.

This could be the year the Patriots are on the outside looking in. I am standing firm with the Indianapolis Colts and think that we will see Manning against Andrew Luck in the Division Finals next week.

I follow the NFL very closely after NASCAR season is over, and I think that the Superbowl this year could have two teams that have never been there before. My dream Superbowl would be the Colts meeting the Seahawks, but in my opinion I think that this year's Super Bowl in that frozen tundra of The Meadowlands will find the San Francisco 49ers facing the Denver Broncos, again. This time, though, I think it will be a very good game, the Niners will win and Peyton Manning will announce his retirement.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:31 am 
Special Edition

dvdjunkie wrote:
I follow the NFL very closely after NASCAR season is over, and I think that the Superbowl this year could have two teams that have never been there before.

Hmmm? There are only four teams that have never made the Superbowl, and they are the Texans, Lions, Jaguars and (reformed now) Browns.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:25 am 
Platinum Edition

Bad wording on my part. I just meant to say I would like to someone different in the Super Bowl after all the year we have to put up with the Patriots. As long as they don't make it, I am a happy camper.

I honestly do think that Andrew Luck will have a good day, even in the cold weather, and beat Tom Brady and the Patriots.

If Denver gets to the Super Bowl, I think that Peyton Manning's retirement will be eminent, win or lose..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:47 pm 
Special Edition

Yeah, it's gonna be some interesting games this weekend I think. I should note I've been watching American Football (as it's labelled here in the UK) for over 30 years, ever since Channel 4 television (which now has the rights back) showed Superbowl XVII in 1983. We usually get the late game live here here in UK on normal TV, and Sky often has 2-3 games live on its Sports channels. Thus I like to think I know a fair bit about the sport heh...

Oh, and random animated GIF from one of last year's NFL game Tailgate parties in London, with me wearing the shirt of whom I consider to be the best quarterback of all time...

http://img.sbth.net/4zk

I'll be there for at least one of the NFL games in London again next year. Bought tickets for all three matches, just have to decide which ones to attend...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:29 am 
Special Edition

dvdjunkie wrote:
Bad wording on my part. I just meant to say I would like to someone different in the Super Bowl after all the year we have to put up with the Patriots. As long as they don't make it, I am a happy camper.

Yeah, me too. I've already had enough of them as well, and hope that is the one game that I am wrong in my prediction.

I do hope the Chargers go on a remarkable run, like the Giants did twice.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:42 pm 
Collector's Edition

I know it's a long shot, but Go Saints! ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:11 am 
Platinum Edition

Seattle Seahawks embarrass the New Orleans Saints, and Tom Brady and the New England Patriots demolish the upstart Indianapolis Colts. Now they wait for the winners of today's games. Let's hope that Peyton Manning is on his game and the Broncos can get by San Diego. Coach Jim Harbaugh has taken the restraining belts off of Colin Kaepernick and he should have a field day with the Carolina Panthers. The only thing in the Niners way might be the weather. There were tornado warnings, rain, high winds and such yesterday into last night. Let's hope that it is at least a competitive game.

My picks - 49ers and Denver Broncos!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:14 pm 
Special Edition

Well, I will be rooting for the Seahawks, as they are my 2nd team. But I wonder if they will be able to deal with the cold weather, and being away from home.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:08 pm 
Gold Collection

This is such an intriguing matchup.

I think it's about turnovers. If Seattle can force Peyton into a couple mistakes throws or hell, even throws that end up getting tipped and picked off--something that isn't necessarily Peyton's fault--it'll be all they need. Denver has to convert any opportunities they get against Seattle's D and the Seahawks have to shove Marshawn Lynch down Denver's throat to keep the Denver offense off the field.

Right now, I think Seattle wins by about 3 or 4. 24-21 or something.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:42 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

basically going to be Best Defense team vs best offense team.

My bet is Denver gonna win since their offense is top notch plus their defense isn't too shabby either. Seahawks' offense isn't as well played as their match against SF shown this past Sunday. I like both teams so I don't mind who wins this one.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:52 am 
Platinum Edition

The Broncos sporting the best offense in the NFL, and the Seattle Seahawks who have the best defense in the NFL - now that is what I call a dream match-up for this year's "Freezer" Bowl.

It is truly going to be a game of who makes the least mistakes coming out on top. If the weatherman is correct and there is a 42% chance of blowing snow with temperatures in low 20s, then I think it is going to turn into a running game and that's where Denver has a problem.

If the weather is not a 12th man in the Super Bowl, then I believe that Denver has just as good a chance as Seattle to win this thing. I think it will be a pretty good scoring game if the weather stays in the 30s. I say that Denver will win by 3 points late in the fourth quarter.

Peyton Manning will become the first quarterback in NFL history to take two different teams to the Super Bowl and win. And if he does this on February 2, I believe that he will retire and let that be his legacy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:49 pm 
Special Edition

I don't see Peyton retiring after this season, regardless of the outcome, because I am sure, he wants another shot to stick it to his former team. The only one he has never beaten, and they play each other next season.

Let's go Seahawks! It would be nice to see the city of Seattle get a championship, after going through major suffering, sports-wise!

Here's hoping this Super Bowl will be an overall success, and pave the way for more in northern cities, like Green Bay.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:13 pm 
Special Edition

Congratulations to the Seattle Seahawks, for winning the Super Bowl. I never thought I would ever see that happen in my lifetime, as I grew up in the 90's, and the Seahawks were one of the worst teams in the NFL during that time.

I guess this SB shows, that great defenses shut down great offenses. This Seahawks defense has to be considered one of the greatest of all-time, if not *the* greatest. They came close to shutting out Peyton Manning, who once again, choked in a very big spot.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:22 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

that was so one sided that it was sad and pathetic to look at. lol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:55 pm 
Special Edition

And the NFL has to breathe a huge sigh of relief that the storm came after the game. Though I am guessing a lot of the fans were still stuck in NY.

Also, the score remains... Eli 2, Peyton 1

With football over, there is the Winter Olympics, then baseball.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:12 pm 
Special Edition

Are you ready for some football?

Only about an hour away til kickoff, to start the 2014 regular season of the NFL. Too bad that I will be stuck at work, and miss at least half of the opening game. But I will root for my 2nd team, the Seahawks, to win this game.

My 1st team, the Philadelphia Eagles, should win the division, since all the other teams in the NFC East are weak. The only team that may challenge them, is the Redskins, but that would be a huge stretch.

So who is everyone's favorite team?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:29 pm 
Platinum Edition

Why don't you record the game to watch when you get home from work. I record the games and watch other things for the first hour or so and then I don't have to sit through any of those inane commercial breaks, and I can skip Half-time if I want also.

If history plays anything with this game tonight, Green Bay should win, but I doubt it very seriously. The Super Bowl champion for the past 10 seasons has lost their first game every year following their championship season.

My prediction is Seattle 31, Green Bay 20!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:21 pm 
Special Edition

I was already at work, and forgot to set up the recording. Luckily, I was able to watch most of it on the NBC web site, without having to sign on.

And yeah, the commercial breaks just annoy me, mainly with the way they are placed around the kickoff.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:50 am 
Platinum Edition

Seahawks looked pretty good in this game. They did give Green Bay a pretty good licking - 36-16.

Is there anyone out there that can stop Marshawn Lynch? And what about the maturity of Russell Wilson at quarterback. The 'Hawks played a flawless game and I am finding hard to think of any team out there who can beat them this year.

After only one game, I am not going out on any limb to predict they will be in the Super Bowl, but come see me at the half-way mark of the season, and if they are still undefeated then I will make my "easy" prediction.