Your Pet Peeves

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

I gotta side with ajmrowland. People can be proud of things, even things given to them by birth. And if it peeves you because it seems nonsensical, too bad, it happens. I think you can get hung up on exact words. Well the word "proud" doesn't have to follow only some people's specific definitions...words take on different connotations.
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

Goliath wrote:^ Like: "proud to be an American"?
Since no one has pointed this out, I will. Americans have the choice to be Americans or not. You can move from another country to be an American. If you don't want to be American you can leave the country and become a citizen of another country. My grandpa moved here from the Netherlands. He's one of the proudest Americans I know. He has a flagpole in the middle of the Sonoran Desert and shines a light on it at night and everything. I don't see anything silly about being proud of one's citizenship. It's a choice. Of course, blind patriotism is a different matter.

As for the hot topic of being proud of genetic traits, there's nothing wrong with that. It's quite natural, actually. Most people have some genetic trait they're most proud of: hair/eye color, height, personality (if you believe it's genetic), speed, dexterity, etc. If we can't be proud of any of these things, there is not much to be proud of, especially if you hold a broad view of genetic traits.
Jackoleen
In The Vaults

XXX!

Post by Jackoleen »

Dear Disney Enthusiasts,

XXX!
Last edited by Jackoleen on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farewell For Now,
Jackoleen

-------------------------------

I wish to be seduced in a royal Asian locale!
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

Disney Duster wrote:I gotta side with ajmrowland.
Well of course. :brick:
Disney Duster wrote:People can be proud of things, even things given to them by birth. And if it peeves you because it seems nonsensical, too bad, it happens. I think you can get hung up on exact words. Well the word "proud" doesn't have to follow only some people's specific definitions...words take on different connotations.
I could quite easily use that same sentence in response to your frustration with films like Tangled lacking the Disney Essence.

And yes, people can be proud of things they're born with...but when they are, it's completely stupid.

"I'm proud to have a nose!"

"I'm proud to have brown hair!"

"I'm proud to have parents!"

"I'm proud to have been born!"

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid. How can you take pride in things that you aren't responsible for? You obviously can be proud of someone else for achieving something (e.g. your own child), but if you were proud of that achievement and not that person then you'd soon stupid. To me, saying something like you're proud of winning the X Factor when in fact your daughter did, is slightly similar to saying you're proud of having something you were born with. You are not directly responsible for it, and thus you cannot be proud of it.
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Um, we all are born with traits that we either like or dislike. As a female ('cause, you know, girls are always being self-loathing about <i>something</i>), there are plenty of things about myself that I don't necessarily care for, but accept that they are part of who I am -- things that I cannot change. Does this mean that I'm going to shout out to the world that I am proud of my big butt and frizzy hair? Maybe, maybe not. Just as we are all born with different body types, hair colors, skin colors, abilities, WHATEVER, it is important to accepts and embrace ourselves and one another for who we are.

I'm guessing that ajmrowland had been struggling with accepting his (I think he's a he) diagnosis of Asbergers. Now that he has come to terms with it and found out all he can learn by looking at the world with a different perspective, if he wants to be proud (And why shouldn't he?), who are the people on the forum to tell him otherwise?

Hold onto that pride, ajmrowland!!!
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Dr Frankenollie wrote:How can you take pride in things that you aren't responsible for? You obviously can be proud of someone else for achieving something (e.g. your own child), but if you were proud of that achievement and not that person then you'd soon stupid. To me, saying something like you're proud of winning the X Factor when in fact your daughter did, is slightly similar to saying you're proud of having something you were born with. You are not directly responsible for it, and thus you cannot be proud of it.
I agree completely. You don't have to be ashamed of having aspergers or brown hair, but you can't be proud of it.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Disney Duster wrote:Well the word "proud" doesn't have to follow only some people's specific definitions...words take on different connotations.
You should know, with your "Disney Essence" and "un-Disney"... :D
Lazario wrote:You're not the only one who's made that mistake.
Hey, we can't all be as perfect as you, the paranoid guy with the forum dedicated to Goliath-bashing all by yourself. :lol:
Linden wrote:Of course, blind patriotism is a different matter.
How else would you describe having a flagpole in your yard and shining a light on it?
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Dr Frankenollie wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:I gotta side with ajmrowland.
Well of course. :brick:
Why would you take it so hard?

Goliath wrote:
Lazario wrote:You're not the only one who's made that mistake.
Hey, we can't all be as perfect as you, the paranoid guy with the forum dedicated to Goliath-bashing all by yourself. :lol:
That is funny. Pat yourself on the back, because you have just made The Single Biggest Factual Error of your time on this board. Now it's time to correct you:

1) On my forum (which I actually run more like a cheap, makeshift webpage) with around 500 hundred posts, only one makes any mention of you whatsoever.

2) My first post made on November 30th, 2009 had nothing to do with you. The one post which does was created on December 20th, 2010. Do most people wait 13 months before revealing the "real" reason they created their message board?

The fact speak for themselves (I give you proof, anyone is free to check them at your leisure):
http://moviesfromhell.proboards.com

Next time, G; do a little research. You're reguritating A RUMOR Super Aurora started several months ago in the interest of seeing us squabble and Dr. Frankenollie thought was true without taking the time to find out.

But on the other hand: If I can't be as perfect as you (clearly the message you're sending here and - speaking of childish - with that little crack you made on DM about me being stupid), that's a compliment!! One I'll have made into a badge or slogan T-shirt that I'll proudly wear until the day I die.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

After browsing through your forum now, you definitely change or delete it now.

Back when I saw it, you had a whole fucking subforum dedicating to how much of an ass Goliath was to you, which was funny I admit. You must of delete it sometime after I pointed it out on this forum in order to hide the embarrassment.

I wasn't saying a rumor to get something out of it(although I do admit that you two fighting is hilarious). So while Goliath kind of exggerate by saying your whole forum is dedicated to it(it's really a horror forum), You did actually have a subforum of it with most of the posts being mostly just you talking about it and responding to it. That's why I point it out as I found that really over the top and obsessive to believe.

So that post up there claiming goliath is talking out of his ass is bunch of bullshit as you deleted it anyway to hide the embarresment. So no, it wasn't a rumor. I don't start rumors. I don't lie about stuff that isn't true.

Too bad I didn't take a screen capture of it. That would of but this crap to end of debate.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

EDIT (7:50 PM Eastern U.S. time):
Here is the ONE topic I made about Goliath - http://moviesfromhell.proboards.com/ind ... thread=442

I am citing this for Info sake, to show Super Aurora everything he saw about Goliath I ever posted on my board. I may have made a mistake in saying I made 1 Post. What I meant is that I made 1 Topic and every single thing I said about Goliath has always been contained within the 1 TOPIC. Still it remains that I was right- my board has over 100 Topics and only 1 is about Goliath.

Super Aurora wrote:After browsing through your forum now, you definitely change or delete it now.

Back when I saw it, you had a whole fucking subforum dedicating to how much of an ass Goliath was to you, which was funny I admit. You must of delete it sometime after I pointed it out on this forum in order to hide the embarrassment.
That is a lie.

Super Aurora wrote:I wasn't saying a rumor to get something out of it(although I do admit that you two fighting is hilarious).
Now, this you have every right to say. Perhaps I was crossing a boundary by suggesting it. But you've also pushed me pretty far in the past (your posts in my Roseanne thread, for example, are actually a huge part of the reason I decided to leave here months ago).

Super Aurora wrote:So while Goliath kind of exggerate by saying your whole forum is dedicated to it (it's really a horror forum), You did actually have a subforum of it with most of the posts being mostly just you talking about it and responding to it. That's why I point it out as I found that really over the top and obsessive to believe.
Oh, I see your confusion. I RE-ORDERED my board, deleting "Categories" to make the board less expansive and cumbersome. But I didn't delete a single thread (except for a few featuring YouTube videos that had been removed from the site), I simply relocated them all. The board you're talking about was a General Disney Discussion. It was NOT titled "Goliath" and it only had 1 post about Goliath in it. Which was also the ONLY Goliath post on the entire board. That is still a fact, regardless of what you thought you saw months ago. You may refuse to take my word for it, but you're biased to agree with Goliath whenever he says something negative about me. You know it's true- don't even try to deny it.

Super Aurora wrote:So that post up there claiming goliath is talking out of his ass is bunch of bullshit as you deleted it anyway to hide the embarresment. So no, it wasn't a rumor. I don't start rumors. I don't lie about stuff that isn't true.
You're incorrect this time. You're either confused and thought you saw it or you feel like getting in a fight / some payback for me getting mad over the things you've said to me recently.

I know I don't have to worry about this turning into a sides battle. I can't prove myself to you but I don't have to prove myself to anyone else. But I have never lied on this board. Whenever I make a mistake or do something wrong- I have always admitted it. Ask LUKE and the mods, they friggin' BANNED me (years ago). I've admitted to my entire difficult past being a brat on this board. I've admitted to being grossly unfair to people in discussions about The Gilmore Girls, Will Ferrell, so many others it's not even funny. That hardly means, as you said on DM, that I "never know what I'm doing." But right now, whatever your motivation for this is, you are definitely counting on me looking like a fool. That's not gonna happen.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Lazario wrote:EDIT (7:50 PM Eastern U.S. time):
Here is the ONE topic I made about Goliath - http://moviesfromhell.proboards.com/ind ... thread=442

I am citing this for Info sake, to show Super Aurora everything he saw about Goliath I ever posted on my board. I may have made a mistake in saying I made 1 Post. What I meant is that I made 1 Topic and every single thing I said about Goliath has always been contained within the 1 TOPIC. Still it remains that I was right- my board has over 100 Topics and only 1 is about Goliath.
That clear things up bit better. Still think it was a little over-the-top to go that far in making whole thread about it.

Lazario wrote:
Super Aurora wrote:I wasn't saying a rumor to get something out of it(although I do admit that you two fighting is hilarious).
Now, this you have every right to say. Perhaps I was crossing a boundary by suggesting it. But you've also pushed me pretty far in the past (your posts in my Roseanne thread, for example, are actually a huge part of the reason I decided to leave here months ago).
I don't recall pushing you far. In fact I don't recall getting involve in the roseanne thread other than one post which I already forgotten about. I do recall you were upset at a certain post Goliath made though in that thread and thought that's why you left.
Remember, I may make an assload of jokes, but I never intend to hurt people. You can ask Tim or Duster that as they met me.

Lazario wrote:Oh, I see your confusion. I RE-ORDERED my board, deleting "Categories" to make the board less expansive and cumbersome. But I didn't delete a single thread (except for a few featuring YouTube videos that had been removed from the site), I simply relocated them all. The board you're talking about was a General Disney Discussion. It was NOT titled "Goliath" and it only had 1 post about Goliath in it. Which was also the ONLY Goliath post on the entire board. That is still a fact, regardless of what you thought you saw months ago.
So that explains it. Yeah when I look at your forum just now the order and format look different from how I remembered.
Lazario wrote:You may refuse to take my word for it, but you're biased to agree with Goliath whenever he says something negative about me. You know it's true- don't even try to deny it.
I take your word on that about the forum, but I'm not bias to agree with Goliath. Sure there is a lot of stuff he and I agree on, but there were some stuff I did think he went a little overboard but I tend not to get involve in such matters. The reason I point out that incident here for Goliath was because I felt that was kind of low of you to talk smack about another member from another forum behind their back, even if you don't like or agree with him. I know you are better than that. So I felt he deserve to know of it.

Lazario wrote:You're incorrect this time. You're either confused and thought you saw it or you feel like getting in a fight / some payback for me getting mad over the things you've said to me recently.
No you're right, I was was bit confuse over the rearranging of format of your forum and how much a may of remember of it.
Lazario wrote:I know I don't have to worry about this turning into a sides battle. I can't prove myself to you but I don't have to prove myself to anyone else. But I have never lied on this board. Whenever I make a mistake or do something wrong- I have always admitted it. Ask LUKE and the mods, they friggin' BANNED me (years ago). I've admitted to my entire difficult past being a brat on this board. I've admitted to being grossly unfair to people in discussions about The Gilmore Girls, Will Ferrell, so many others it's not even funny. That hardly means, as you said on DM, that I "never know what I'm doing."
The bolded, That was just a light joke. You should know me and how I make little jokes here and there that really aren't suppose to mean much.
Lazario wrote: But right now, whatever your motivation for this is, you are definitely counting on me looking like a fool. That's not gonna happen.
I'm not intending to make you look like a fool at all. I initially thought you were lying because I did remember about that goliath bashing on the forum quite well. I made a little mix up on order and such.

I hope this clear up our misunderstanding
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Well, it's still true that people feel proud of things they were born with. It keeps happening. So they can and they do. I wish you all could understand how, but I don't think it would really take a very big stretch of your mind to imagine how a person could feel that way. I mean, geeze it's just a feeling paired with something you never thought it could be paired with...and yet, it can be. Expand your minds to what may be possible or try to think of what people could mean, hm?

Linden...don't you believe the individual soul, spirit, or will determines personality and most things about us, more than genetics?
Last edited by Disney Duster on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Disney Duster wrote: Linden...don't you believe the individual soul, spirit, or will determines personality and most things about us, more than genetics?
More like a bit of both actually.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Lazario wrote:
Dr Frankenollie wrote: Well of course. :brick:
Why would you take it so hard?
I'm not taking it 'so hard'; I'm irritated by the fact that, as usual, Disney Duster disagrees with me in a debate. (BTW, I am NOT saying that Duster keeps doing it to irritate me, I know that he honestly believes everything he posts).

@Scarred4Life: :)
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Lazario wrote:But on the other hand: If I can't be as perfect as you (clearly the message you're sending here and - speaking of childish - with that little crack you made on DM about me being stupid)
That's what I was thinking. Plus, when I first saw that forum back when SA and Goliath were making a joke about it, I only saw one topic myself, so... And I don't consider it obsessive to have a place to vent.

Anyway, more:

- People who get pets only to have them tied up their whole lives.
- When I've been standing on the bus or waiting for the bus, and people who have been sitting down the whole time jump up to get off/on first.
- When people make snide jokes and then criticize you for getting angry about it.
- Selfish talkers who try to dominate a conversation.
- Drivers who won't pull over and let people pass when they're going 25 in a 55 mph zone.
- Drivers who tailgate, but won't pass. Or drivers who speed during passing zones, but slow down when the people behind them can't pass. Or drivers who go slow in fast zones and fast in slow zones.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Super Aurora wrote:So that explains it.

I hope this clear up our misunderstanding.
I think it does. Thanks for trying to actually work with me to reach an understanding. Some people could really learn a lot from you.

Super Aurora wrote:The bolded, That was just a light joke. You should know me and how I make little jokes here and there that really aren't suppose to mean much.
I think... this time, I will really remember that for the future.

I should probably also apologize for frequently seeing you and Goliath as the same person. I don't give you enough credit and I hope that will change now.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

@ Lazario: whatever, dude. I've seen it with my own eyes: you run a forum with no visitors other than yourself and you made threads in which you argued with yourself about me.

I don't need to take any advice from a creep like that.
Lazario wrote:I've admitted to my entire difficult past being a brat on this board. I've admitted to being grossly unfair to people in discussions about The Gilmore Girls, Will Ferrell, so many others it's not even funny.
Why are you writing in past tense?
Lazario wrote:But right now, whatever your motivation for this is, you are definitely counting on me looking like a fool. That's not gonna happen.
You should've thought about that before you made that post.
Lazario wrote:But on the other hand: If I can't be as perfect as you (clearly the message you're sending here and - speaking of childish - with that little crack you made on DM about me being stupid), that's a compliment!! One I'll have made into a badge or slogan T-shirt that I'll proudly wear until the day I die.
Let's hope you don't have to wear it for long, then.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Goliath wrote:Let's hope you don't have to wear it for long, then.
:shock: I don't really know what started this feud between you and Lazario and I don't really care, but your implication that you hope Lazario dies is going too far.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Dr Frankenollie wrote: :shock: I don't really know what started this feud between you and Lazario and I don't really care,
That's fairly simple, actually. Lazario and me were getting along just fine for the longest time on UD and we had lots of good healthy discussions. Until I mentioned how talentless I think Lady Gaga was and how I questioned the revolutionary part of Roseanne. Lazario went apeshit, beserk and he went nuclear. Somehow, my opinions on these two subjects could be nothing other than a personal insult to Mr. Lazario himself, part of an evil masterplan by myself to "get back" on him because he once disagreed with me over something so futile I didn't care to remember it at all. And of course, every denial from my side was, in the paranoid world of Lazario, more evidence of this conspiracy against him. One day I was getting along fine with him, then suddenly the nexy day, I was like: "dude, what the fuck...?" And that's how it all started.
Dr. Frankenollie wrote:but your implication that you hope Lazario dies is going too far.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Dr Frankenollie wrote:
Goliath wrote:Let's hope you don't have to wear it for long, then.
:shock: I don't really know what started this feud between you and Lazario and I don't really care, but your implication that you hope Lazario dies is going too far.
They use to have a love/hate relationship due to the drastic opinions they have against each other yet respected each other for their well thought out arguments and such. Somewhere along the line Goliath made a comment that ticked Lazario the wrong way, and the drama ensued. I think it was the Roseanne thread(could of been a thread before even that).

The Sleeping Beauty one was also another long drawn out debate. where Lazario was arguing against me and Goliath over the story quality of the movie.