DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Finding Dory
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:12 pm 
Limited Edition

I couldn't find a Finding Nemo 2-specific thread so if there is one disregard this thread and I'll repost this there but the film is reportedly now in active development with Andrew Stanton at the helm.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/john-ca ... mo-sequel/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:21 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Oh dear God.

Just.. No.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:22 pm 
Collector's Edition

I know one person who is going to love this :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:25 pm 
Collector's Edition

Dear Pixar:

Please, stop with the sequels. Plus, Finding Nemo?? What? Is he going to get lost AGAIN??

This is bad... though not as bad as if they made a sequel to Ratatouille...ugh.

Sincerely,

Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:38 pm 
Platinum Edition

DisneyDude2010 wrote:
I know one person who is going to love this.

:lol: That was my first thought too!

So that was what Stanton was hinting at when he recently said "I'm sure you'll see other sequels to things" when referring to upcoming Pixar projects.

Personally, I can't say that I'm surprised. We already knew that Pixar was developing more sequels and Finding Nemo is Pixar's biggest money-maker after Toy Story 3.

Last edited by Sotiris on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:39 pm 
Collector's Edition

Actually.. What about Finding Dory? She's the one that always loses her way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:53 pm 
Platinum Edition

What do you think the story will be? I bet they'll make Nemo a teenager and having issues with Marlin again. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:56 pm 
Limited Edition

Why? C'mon Pixar, you're better than this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:59 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

You already ruin The Living Sea with fucking Finding Nemo 1. Need to ruin even more with damn sequel??!

Post subject: Re: Finding Nemo 2
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:21 pm 
Platinum Edition

DisneyAnimation88 wrote:
I couldn't find a Finding Nemo 2-specific thread so if there is one disregard this thread and I'll repost this there

There is an old Finding Nemo 2 thread but I think a new one is more appropriate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:22 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

So, I'm the only one pumped up for this? :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

FAVORITE DISNEY MOVIES: Sleeping Beauty, Meet the Robinsons, Enchanted, The Lion King, Frozen, Wreck-It Ralph, Toy Story 3, Finding Nemo, Brave, and Lilo and Stitch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:45 pm 
Limited Edition

Sotiris wrote:
There is an old Finding Nemo 2 thread but I think a new one is more appropriate.

Good, I tried a search but couldn't find anything.

disneyprincess11 wrote:
So, I'm the only one pumped up for this?

I'm more than happy to give it a chance and see where it goes. I've enjoyed the films Andrew Stanton has done at Pixar and he obviously cares a lot about the characters he helped to create so I don't think he would be a part of the film unless he was happy with what he could offer to it. I'm interested to hear his concept; if it's a rehash of the first film where Nemo gets lost and Marlin and Dory have to find him then my enthusiasm for it will lessen. If they can do something original I'll be happy.

I've seen on Twitter today that a lot of people seem to be under the impression that a new full-length Toy Story film is in development with Finding Nemo 2. I know that there are two Toy Story television specials in development so people might be referring to that when they say 'Toy Story 4' and I can't find any new information regarding Toy Story 4 so has anyone else heard anything today?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:49 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Eh, not too excited for this. The first film is a complete story and needs no additional story that could enhance the first; that being said, I do hope (and think it'll happen) that everyone from the first, voice acting-wise, comes back.

The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:51 pm 
Limited Edition

I'll give it a chance, but it just seems superfluous to me. I think that Finding Nemo ended perfectly fine. Toy Story set itself up for a sequel to some effect. Toy Story 2 didn't, but it wasn't opposed to the idea of a sequel. Finding Nemo is a film that ends on a high note with a good finish. Everything's fine. There's no need to continue on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:52 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

If the plot centers around finding any of the characters I will be very skeptical. I really feel it aught to be left alone. I think Stanton even says in the commentary he doesn't think a sequel would ever work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:53 pm 
Limited Edition

I'm really pissed off right now!
This is terrible... The last true Pixar film for me was UP. After that, they've gone downhill. I know TS3 is excellent as well but something has really changed over there and it's just so sad and frustrating... TS3 has kicked-off a new era in Pixar animation...

Also just something we discussed on the Brave thread, on June 19th

Quote:
pap64 wrote:
Lnds500 wrote:
Sotiris wrote:
Andrew Stanton also said something similar recently:

I remember. But neither is making me happier. I hope Brave is awesome... My respect for Pixar has fallen by 50% in the last 3-4 years

For what? For making sequels? I get that people are worried that Pixar will abandon their original movies in favor of safe sequels that generate a lot of revenue. But like I just stated, what has been announced has been 100 percent original movies, with just one prequel film in existence, Monsters University.

And if sequels happen to be coming, they might happen in 2015 or so in addition to the original films. Besides, are we quick to forget that Pixar's most beloved franchise, Toy Story, has three films, a cartoon spin-off series, two theatrical shorts, smaller shorts for TV, several attractions at Disney and many other things? How come your respect for Pixar didn't disappear when Toy Story went from being a labor of love to a massive corporate franchise?

Oh right, because they were good. I don't mind sequels as long as they are good to great. The only sequel dud we have right now is Cars 2, and Monsters University is still quite far off. So why are we jumping into conclusions and claiming the sky is falling when the acorn hasn't even fallen from its tree?

I'm worried that Pixar is getting greedy. I've worried that the business side is gonna crush the creative side. They've gone from "no sequels unless they're awesome" and "some sequels if people want to work on them" to "we're making more sequels" in 4 years (?). They certainly don't need the money, they have great people there, they are not short of ideas.. so? Why all the sequels / prequels?
We've also read that TS3 and Monsters Uni were picked up by Pixar cause Disney had already started on them. Well, what if Uni can't be the film that TS3 was? And what's next? the cancelled nemo sequel?
I'm holding off my final judgement until I've seen Uni and Brave, but as I've said, my respect for Pixar has lessened greatly - and I have deep respect for they previous films and the people that worked on them.

PS. I know it's early, but Brave is not getting great reviews either

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:58 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

This is the first Pixar that makes me think "Why?" Even Cars 2, I thought would be interesting when they announced the World Grand Prix concept. However, the characters' stories in Finding Nemo are done. Marlin found Nemo and learned to not be so over-protective, Nemo learned to appreciate his father more, Dory got all of her memory back and the fish-tank gang managed to escape. What can they do?

I know somebody suggested a while back that they should find out that Nemo's mother survived, but I prefer they not go that route. The Pixar people continually say that they will only think of a sequel, if they think of an idea just as good as the first. Stanton succeeded in doing that with the Toy Story sequels. Hopefully, that's the case here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:00 pm 
Limited Edition

Lnds500 wrote:
This is terrible... The last true Pixar film for me was UP. After that, they've gone downhill. I know TS3 is excellent as well but something has really changed over there and it's just so sad and frustrating... TS3 has kicked-off a new era in Pixar animation

I've said this before but Pixar has three original films in active development that, at the moment, make up the slate for the three years following Monsters University so we do have original material to look forward to before Finding Nemo 2 sees the light of day.

estefan wrote:
I know somebody suggested a while back that they should find out that Nemo's mother survived, but I prefer they not go that route.

I wouldn't like them to go down this route; the mother's death is the source of Marlin's overprotectiveness in Finding Nemo and that drove the story of the film so I would hate that to end up being made redundant in a sequel. If I had to guess, I would say that Dory is the character that gets lost in the sequel, perhaps in some kind of aquariam, and Marlin and Nemo have to find her but it is a difficult concept to guess without it sounding very similar to the first film.

estefan wrote:
Stanton succeeded in doing that with the Toy Story sequels. Hopefully, that's the case here.

I feel a lot better about the film with Andrew Stanton as director than I would if it was someone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:11 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

The worst thing they could do imo is retcon the first movie. That's a sure fire way for them to shoot themselves in the foot. A sequel can be ignored if its just not that memorable, but not if it tries to flip the original on its head in any way you risk not only putting out a bad movie but ruining the first in the process.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:40 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Yeah the earliest we'll see this is 2017.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next