DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:09 pm 
Collector's Edition

Quote:
Don’t deny it, you heard the ring chime as well. Kim Possible has had a longer lasting impact on our lives than we could have ever predicted. And now we’re looking at a possible comeback??

Hey, it could happen. With the return of Mickey Mouse on Disney Channel and Ducktales on Disney XD, who’s to say that our favorite cartoon spy doesn’t have a chance?

Kim Possible voice actor Christy Carlson Romano uploaded a brand new video this week. In it she said she’ll be bringing you even MORE videos where she recites those oh-so popular KP catchphrases that we remember so well, and maybe even some new stuff.

https://www.fanlala.com/news/christy-ca ... sible-sort

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:50 am 
Collector's Edition

i would love to see KP back. heck, i will even take reruns, since i dont think all the episodes screened here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:12 pm 
Platinum Edition

Although I wasn't a regular watcher of Kim Possible, I'd love to see it come back. It was a great show, no doubt. I just wonder if reboots of this and DuckTales will be able to live up the originals.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:10 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

(At first glance of this thread I wondered what Creedence Clearwater Revival had to do with KP.) :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:46 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Could it be!?!?:
http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/daily-d ... oplay=true

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:44 pm 
Special Edition

Meh, I saw a little of Kim Possible every now and then on Disney Channel, but I was never really into that series all that much. I was too busy watching Lilo & Stitch: The Series at the time instead.

Also, I just find Phineas and Ferb a lot more appealing.

Love traditional Disney animation? Send your art to: http://2disney4ever.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:20 pm 
Collector's Edition

2Disney4Ever wrote:
Meh, I saw a little of Kim Possible every now and then on Disney Channel, but I was never really into that series all that much. I was too busy watching Lilo & Stitch: The Series at the time instead.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:59 pm 
Special Edition

DisneyEra wrote:
2Disney4Ever wrote:

Yeah, I remember that crossover, along with the other Disney Channel related crossovers they did. Didn't really think much about them, since most of the shows they crossed over with were ones I didn't watch a lot of or have any interest in. I guess Lilo & Stitch just had the extra benefit of continuing after one of Disney's animated features, much like Aladdin, which is why I spent the most time watching it.

Love traditional Disney animation? Send your art to: http://2disney4ever.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:49 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I can't see a CG kim holding a candle to the hand drawn version.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:55 pm 
Collector's Edition

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:01 pm 
Special Edition

Kyle wrote:

Wait, so they're talking about wanting to revive the show in CGI?

Ugh, yeah that's all it really takes for me to lose interest. Why this need to revive older 2D cartoons in CGI when they can still be 2D? Especially when the original series was already drawn good and had some pretty good animation quality to it.

DisneyEra wrote:

That was one of my more favorite Disney crossovers on television. It feels more Disney to me than watching Lilo & Stitch cross over with Kim or The Proud Family.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:44 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Kyle wrote:

To be honest, with all of the live-action movies Disney is planning on making inspired by their animated properties, I'm surprised a live-action Kim Possible movie hasn't been greenlit. I know the creators wrote one in the mid-2000s which never got made (and which they then turned into So the Drama instead), but this seems like a natural choice to make a movie franchise out of. It makes a lot more sense to me than, say, Dumbo.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:40 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

2Disney4Ever wrote:
Kyle wrote:

Ugh, yeah that's all it really takes for me to lose interest.
You were already meh on it to begin with, you already had no interest. But yeah, in the podcast Jim says a CG kim possible revival has been pitched, and looks fantastic (paraphrasing). Its on the short list of properties they want to revive should the new duck tales series (also CG) takes off.

And yeah I'd rather see a live action take on it over a CG one. Not that I'm against the idea outright, I'm open to it, but if it'll be on a tv budget I wouldn't expect it to look any better than the star wars rebels, or the ninja turtles series on nick.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:32 am 
Super Genius

Kyle wrote:
2Disney4Ever wrote:
Kyle wrote:

Ugh, yeah that's all it really takes for me to lose interest.
You were already meh on it to begin with, you already had no interest. But yeah, in the podcast Jim says a CG kim possible revival has been pitched, and looks fantastic (paraphrasing). Its on the short list of properties they want to revive should the new duck tales series (also CG) takes off.

And yeah I'd rather see a live action take on it over a CG one. Not that I'm against the idea outright, I'm open to it, but if it'll be on a tv budget I wouldn't expect it to look any better than the star wars rebels, or the ninja turtles series on nick.

Again, do not listen to anything that comes from that big fat liar Jim Hill! :angry:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:31 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

disneyphilip wrote:
Again, do not listen to anything that comes from that big fat liar Jim Hill! :angry:

I've suspected it for a while, but this more or less confirms who you are.

A NOTE TO ALL MODERATORS If this Philip is in fact Philip Kippel, then you should know he's already been banned from twitter and other Disney message boards for his...er, angry behaviour. I'd keep tabs on him if I were you. The reason I'm posting this here and not just sending a PM is for the benefit of other forum members here, before they get into a heated argument with him.

If he's NOT Kippel, then my appologies, but with so many angry faced posts made in the last 12 hours (and now ranting about Jim Hill) I'm seriously starting to think he is. Philip, please behave and follow forum rules. It's for your benefit as much as anyone else.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:49 am 
Special Edition

Flanger-Hanger wrote:
disneyphilip wrote:

I've suspected it for a while, but this more or less confirms who you are.

A NOTE TO ALL MODERATORS If this Philip is in fact Philip Kippel, then you should know he's already been banned from twitter and other Disney message boards for his...er, angry behaviour. I'd keep tabs on him if I were you. The reason I'm posting this here and not just sending a PM is for the benefit of other forum members here, before they get into a heated argument with him.

If he's NOT Kippel, then my appologies, but with so many angry faced posts made in the last 12 hours (and now ranting about Jim Hill) I'm seriously starting to think he is. Philip, please behave and follow forum rules. It's for your benefit as much as anyone else.

I agree. I don't know why he hasn't been banned already. Letting him still come here is just going to cause problems for me and other people.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:35 am 
Super Genius

Flanger, none of that is true and you're being very ill-mannered with your post. It's not wise to use peoples' full names on public forums like this, especially without their permission. :x

And besides that. 2Disney once wrote a highly-immature message to Jennifer Lee (one of the directors of Frozen) through Twitter:
http://forum.deviantart.com/entertainme ... s/2060597/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:50 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

disneyphilip wrote:
Flanger, none of that is true and you're being very ill-mannered with your post. It's not wise to use peoples' full names on public forums like this, especially without their permission. :x

And besides that. 2Disney once wrote a highly-immature message to Jennifer Lee (one of the directors of Frozen) through Twitter:

If I have any concerns with 2Disney I will deal with him or the moderators directly. What he or most anyone else does outside of this board is none of my concern.

In the 9 years I've been a member on this board, I have NEVER used anyone's full name without their permission (largely because I don't know any of them). In the case of Mr. Kippel, his reputation is less than steller, and it's to his benefit as much as anyone else that his online behaviour is controlled to a certain extent. I already apologized in advance if I got the two of you mixed up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:52 pm 
Limited Edition

I say nay to any Kim Possible revival.

The show already had a revival, when popular demand compelled The Disney Channel to drop their 65 episode rule. That gave the series plenty of time to give a more satisfactory conclusion, including sending KP and Ron off to college.

A lesson to be learned from other shows is knowing when to stop. Not every good series is destined to last hundreds of episodes like The Simpsons.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:00 pm 
Collector's Edition

disneyphilip wrote:

i dont normally get involved in this, but thanks for the early morning chuckle. that was amusing. :milkbuds: