The Avengers

All topics on all things Marvel.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Black Panther officially confirmed to have his own film and more than likely join the team
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=61031

Avengers to possibly be rerelased later in the year with a directors cut?
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=61563
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

It was only a matter of time before Black Panther got a film! I'm really looking forward to this and Ant-Man!!!
azul017
Special Edition

Post by azul017 »

The movie passed the $600 million mark domestically yesterday, which is just... unreal. That said, it's a great movie and it deserves every single dollar it gets. Bring on Avengers 2 and Avengers 3!
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

azul017 wrote:The movie passed the $600 million mark domestically yesterday, which is just... unreal. That said, it's a great movie and it deserves every single dollar it gets. Bring on Avengers 2 and Avengers 3!
You got that right. I can't wait for the Deadpool movie as well.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Phase One: Avengers Assembled Preview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7E_l8jZ ... r_embedded

Marvel and Disney to Release THE AVENGERS App in Anticipation of Blu-ray Release on September 25th; Watch New Blu-ray Trailer
http://collider.com/avengers-app/176613/
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Artwork for Marvel’s AVENGERS ASSEMBLED Blu-ray Set Revealed; Great Individual Covers for Each Film by Matthew Ferguson
http://collider.com/marvel-avengers-ass ... es/179110/
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

OMG!

xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

So I just bought my copy of The Avengers on Bluray today and I'm pretty disappointed that it didn't have any Disney Movie Rewards points :(

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

It should have one. Its the same code you use for the digital copy and on AvengersAssembleOffer.com
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

SpaceAce wrote:It should have one. Its the same code you use for the digital copy and on AvengersAssembleOffer.com
It did? Hm, I'll have to look at my inserts again. I think I was thrown off because I didn't see the DMR logo on the packaging lol.

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Watched the movie last night, but was very disappointed with the product Disney is giving us. A big title like this deserved better. No disc art (not even on the 3D disc) and stacked discs. Disney is cheaping out on us. :x
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

No art and not much in the way of extras, either. I blew threw them all tonight. I got the Target extra disc, which was actually pretty good.

I'm guessing that the bulk of the extras are in that Second Screen business. I don't have an iPod, iPad, a laptop or wireless internet. If I could sync it with this desktop, I'd do that but I don't think that it works that way.
azul017
Special Edition

Post by azul017 »

It's amusing how little effort Disney made to have this look like a Paramount release. Sure, you replace the Disney logo with Paramount on the packaging, use Paramount's home entertainment thing at disc insertion, but then the back cover art and menu layout is all Disney's. (Plus that DMR logo on the insert that doubles for the Avengers Assembled poster and comic offer.)

It's nice not having the FastPlay option or the forced Disney promo for once.
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Barbossa wrote:Watched the movie last night, but was very disappointed with the product Disney is giving us. A big title like this deserved better. No disc art (not even on the 3D disc) and stacked discs. Disney is cheaping out on us. :x
None of the Marvel discs have had disc art. The stacked discs seem to be a normal thing now with Disney. I don't like it either. I left the Digital Copy in the case, and put the other discs in the Best Buy MetalPack.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Barbossa wrote:Watched the movie last night, but was very disappointed with the product Disney is giving us. A big title like this deserved better. No disc art (not even on the 3D disc) and stacked discs. Disney is cheaping out on us. :x
I am glad I got the standard release then (not to sound mean or anything I just have no interest in 3D or digital copies).
azul017
Special Edition

Post by azul017 »

PixarFan2006 wrote: I am glad I got the standard release then (not to sound mean or anything I just have no interest in 3D or digital copies).
Me too. But theatrically, the 3D conversion of The Avengers was very well-done. A lot of the scenes have convincing depth, and the last 30-40 minutes look great in 3D.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Mooky wrote:OMG!
Okay, somebody had to say it sooner or later: :lol:
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Mooks, I get ALL the choices in that poster except for... Awhora as Cap. Everyone else is great though.

I love Siren!
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

My only guess is that both spent a long time sleeping? :?
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

I too was puzzled at first, but yes, it's because they both spent some time asleep.
ajmrowland wrote:
Mooky wrote:OMG!
Okay, somebody had to say it sooner or later: :lol:
And it only took two and a half months! Yay?