DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Pixar's Toy Story 4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:18 am 
Platinum Edition

Tom Hanks On Toy Story 4 – “They’re Working On It Now”
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/06/27/ ... on-it-now/

Quote:
Here’s a real bombshell. What makes it particularly stunning is the way Tom Hanks just tossed it over his shoulder like a banana peel.

Hanks appeared on the BBC’s Breakfast News this morning in an interview to support the release of his new feature Larry Crowne, out here on the 7th of July. It appears that the interview was filmed a couple of weeks back when Hanks was doing big junket days in London.

At the end of the interview, the reporter asked the question most others just wouldn’t have bothered with.

"Will there be a Toy Story 4?"

Who would ask this? Surely Pixar had made it abundantly clear that there was no possibility of a fourth installment? Didn’t they shout it from the rooftops of Emeryville that Toy Story 3 was the conclusion of this particular series, at least as far as feature films go?

Well, it turns out that it was a question worth asking. Here’s Hanks reply:

"I think there will be yeah. Yeah, yeah. They’re working on it now. There you go."

They’re working on it now.

Wow. Really? Tom Hanks would know.

Update: Here's the video in question:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13923988

Go to the 2:46 mark.

Last edited by Sotiris on Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:55 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I want them to kill off all the toys though.

Just grow a pair Pixar and DO it. That way, Disney can't squeeze this thing any longer. And I want it to be the saddest thing ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:02 am 
Limited Edition

Seriously? Damnit!

I mean really, Toy Story 3 closed the series well, and it is, in my opinion, the best Pixar movie out there! So why a fourth movie?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:15 am 
Platinum Edition

TheValentineBros wrote:
So why a fourth movie?

Because Toy Story 3 was huge; it made $1,063,171,911 in worldwide box office grosses and it's one of the biggest franchises in merchandise sales:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:16 am 
Limited Edition

I'd rather have shorts about the toys living at Molly's. Hawaiian Vacation is cute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:17 am 
Platinum Edition

Sky Syndrome wrote:
I'd rather have shorts about the toys living at Molly's. Hawaiian Vacation is cute.

Well, those shorts are going to continue as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:42 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I'm mad b/c the ending in TS3 is PERFECT! Is Disney REALLY that greedy??!! Plus, all Pixar has in store are sequels/prequels etc. besides Brave. Has Pixar really lost its creativity and orginiallity that they have to make sequels to their films just for a quick buck???

FAVORITE DISNEY MOVIES: Sleeping Beauty, Meet the Robinsons, Enchanted, The Lion King, Frozen, Wreck-It Ralph, Toy Story 3, Finding Nemo, Brave, and Lilo and Stitch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:53 am 
Limited Edition

I hope Tom is just messing with us. Even the idea of continuing the series with shorts bothered me. If anything they should've done short prior to the TS3 plotline but that is just me.

Don't wreck a perfect ending Pixar!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:14 pm 
Limited Edition

I'll wait for an official announcement from Pixar before I believe it's happening.

Quote:
Whatever is going on at Pixar headquarters is a mystery to me. I'll wait until they blow white smoke out of the chimney or whatever it is that says there's another Toy Story coming down the pipe.

That's from another interview he's done in Britain and he doesn't seem at all sure what's happening in regards to another Toy Story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:26 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

DisneyAnimation88 wrote:
I'll wait for an official announcement from Pixar before I believe it's happening.

This. I find it hard to believe that anything is for sure if Tom Hanks just threw it out there so casually like that. If they really were working on it, Pixar ninjas would be following him everywhere to make sure he doesn't say anything. They're getting quieter and quieter about their upcoming projects all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:43 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

SWillie! wrote:
If they really were working on it, Pixar ninjas would be following him everywhere to make sure he doesn't say anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:46 pm 
Platinum Edition

I love Toy Story and I could honestly see this series going on forever. The fact that there’s another one doesn’t bother me, and I‘m excited by the idea.

It’s just--they should not be doing it now. After the last one just came out and they already have an influx of (unnecessary) sequels, with rumors of a Cars 3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:02 pm 
Collector's Edition

I hope to Christ this isn't true. They're already in danger of pushing their luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:24 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I don't think its happening, nor do I want it to. Not that I'd ever be against a sequel if they continued to outdo themselves like they have been, but we now know Pixar is not infallible with Cars 2 and I couldn't bare a sequel that didn't live up to the original 3 toy stories. A perfect trilogy almost never happens, it would be a huge risk to tempt fate with a 4th. If they must continue and they feel shorts are too limiting they can expand to a Christmas or Halloween special or something, just don't make it toy story 4 and release it as a real movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:31 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

PatrickvD wrote:

Just grow a pair Pixar and DO it. That way, Disney can't squeeze this thing any longer. And I want it to be the saddest thing ever.

I fully, completely agree. Whilst the conclusion to Toy Story 3 was just perfect, part of me wishes they actually killed the toys off in the incinerator scene; it would've been much more powerful and memorable. Of course if they had done that, the trilogy wouldn't have fully gone 'full circle' and Andy would never have had a chance to play one last childhood game. :cry:

Even though I'd love to see more of these characters, perhaps they should just release shorts instead. Then again, as somebody posted earlier, this is not official and may not happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:48 pm 
Collector's Edition

TheValentineBros wrote:
So why a fourth movie?

I believe it is because Shrek made 4 movies, so why not Toy Story? I bet those Shrek movies could be worth more than Toy Story, but if Toy Story unleashes its 4th movie, then it shall be worth even more than Shrek. Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:53 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Dr Frankenollie wrote:
PatrickvD wrote:

I fully, completely agree. Whilst the conclusion to Toy Story 3 was just perfect, part of me wishes they actually killed the toys off in the incinerator scene; it would've been much more powerful and memorable. Of course if they had done that, the trilogy wouldn't have fully gone 'full circle' and Andy would never have had a chance to play one last childhood game. :cry:

Even though I'd love to see more of these characters, perhaps they should just release shorts instead. Then again, as somebody posted earlier, this is not official and may not happen.

Lee thinks its a cop-out whenever a movie kills off all their main characters, and I tend to agree with him.

I'm not against killing off characters (I think Flynn should have died in Tangled for example), but it has to push the story forward.
The only death that would have made sense to me would have been a flash back of, say, Bo Peep falling and shattering into a million pieces. but the incinerator was not the place to kill anyone.

Despite me not wanting a TS4, I do think there are more places you can take it than upping the stakes. It doesn't have to be a life or death situation all the time to be interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:09 pm 
Platinum Edition

Sorry, but as big a fan I am of Pixar, I do not like the idea of a fourth Toy Story. The last film ended perfectly IMO. Pixar needs to stop making sequels just to make money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:55 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Kyle wrote:
Lee thinks its a cop-out whenever a movie kills off all their main characters, and I tend to agree with him.

I'm not against killing off characters (I think Flynn should have died in Tangled for example), but it has to push the story forward.
The only death that would have made sense to me would have been a flash back of, say, Bo Peep falling and shattering into a million pieces. but the incinerator was not the place to kill anyone.

Despite me not wanting a TS4, I do think there are more places you can take it than upping the stakes. It doesn't have to be a life or death situation all the time to be interesting.

I agree with you when you said that a death has to push the story forward, but nevertheless I think if the toys died, whilst there would be a lot of controversy, it would've made for a much more unforgettable and powerful film; yes, it's still both of those, but Pixar would have made the first animated film where everyone, both young and old, was crying after watching a cartoon since Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Even though I'm happy they lived, in some ways when I watch the incinerator scene I think about the wasted potential.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:42 pm 
Platinum Edition

I personally don't see how the deaths of all the toys would be purposeful or any good at all. Imagine the film ending with them all turning to wax in the fire a la Child's Play...and then credits rolling. That would be the biggest WTF of the 2000s, no doubt.

I wouldn't be crying, I would just think it was bizarre.

Last edited by Disney's Divinity on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next