DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:18 am 
Gold Collection

Will we see Disney finish off theses Disney Afternoon cartoons? There typically are releases in November and August of each year, but it looks like that won’t be the case this year. Prior releases:

11/8/05 Rescue Rangers Vol. 1
DuckTales Vol. 1

8/29/06 Darkwing Duck Vol. 1
Talespin Vol. 1

11/14/06 Rescue Rangers Vol. 2
Gummi Bears Vol. 1
DuckTales Vol. 2

8/07/07 Darkwing Duck Vol. 2
(why not release another volume of something at this time?)

11/13/07 DuckTales Vol. 3
Talespin Vol. 2

8/08 None

11/08 ????

If there was an August release, there would have been an announcement by now. On November 11th this year, there are two Disney Treasures DVDs being released which makes me doubt a November release as well. Will these toons suffer the same fate as Gargoyles? They all seemed to sell well in my town except maybe Talespin's 2nd volume. It would be a shame to not see these shows have a completed release. A majority of these shows could be finished off with just one more release! I can forgive Disney for not putting any extras or TLC into the previously released DVD sets, but I will be pretty mad at them if they don’t complete these.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:51 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

August releases should be announced about now but I would not right them off yet. Seems to me the announcements were late last year as well.

Treasures have been announced way farther in advance for teh last couple of years due to the speculation that accompanies them. It is my understanding Darkwing Duck did very well in its first release.

The press realses last year was May 4. A little early to panic but maybe slightly worrying.

Talespin only has 11 episodes left. I would be fine with leaving the last few out.

I am more worried about the unreleased - Goof Troop, House of Mouse and Timon and Pumbaa most importantly. But then again I have started buying bootlegs for shows that are not coming out. Found some really good complete prints of Batman(1966) and WKRP. Dont like doing it as a practice but if the companies are not going to put them out then I dont mind.

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:58 am 
Gold Collection

There is no way that Disney would abandon Ducktales at this point. I figure that we will hear something before the end of June.

With Ducktales the Movie no longer being offered as a DMR offer, I'm guessing that it will get a proper public release along the release of the last season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:06 am 
Limited Edition

Darkwing Duck better get a Volume 3. And a Volume 4 too. It doesn't have enough episodes left to fill another two volumes, but this is one series I would not be okay with them leaving the last few episodes unreleased. Due to the way disney is packaging the sets most of the episodes that debuted on ABC rather than the Disney Channel are at the very end of the numbering system being used on the DVDs and it just so happens that these episodes are some of the best in the series.

But with Darkwing Duck's current resurgence in popularity thanks, largely in part, to Hot Topic's line of DWD merchandise I can't see Disney abandoning the series DVD sets. They are a big opportunity for money, and we all know how much Disney loves those.

I'm hoping for an announcement any day now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:45 pm 
Gold Collection

I really want that Gummi Bears two parter finale, King Igthorn, on DVD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:58 pm 
Limited Edition

I just want Aladdin and the Little Mermaid (though, this was a saturday morning cartoon, I believe :P)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:26 pm 

I am rather surprised DVD sets for The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh haven't hit stores yet. Given Pooh's high standing as a company marketing tool, one would think these would have been among the first of the classic shows to hit shelves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:01 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Poody wrote:
I just want Aladdin and the Little Mermaid (though, this was a saturday morning cartoon, I believe :P)

Ditto!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:52 pm 
Platinum Edition

Well maybe Disney is putting bonus feature material like interviews and other good things. LOL :D

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:36 am 
Special Edition

It would be nice to have Disney finish Rescue Rangers and Talespin, no point starting if you don't end... so come on, announce the final sets in August! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:38 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Disney is know for not finishing sets. Look at Gargoyles. We got Season 1 and Season Two Vol. 1 and that's it. If they aren't making the big bucks, they are gonna reward the fans who did buy them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:05 pm 
Gold Collection

I think it is lame that they haven't finished off series that just need one more volume to be completed. BCI said they didn't make jack on Bravestarr and Lone Ranger/Zorro, but they are still releasing their final volumes in July for their fans. I'm sure the Disney titles sold leaps and bounds better than those Filmation titles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:07 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

What annoys me is they keep making sh***y sequels and DTV movies, but they won't finish what they started.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:54 pm 
Platinum Edition

It seems to me that Disney doesn't respect the Disney Afternoon shows anymore. First of all not all of them are on Toon Disney. Second of all they don't finish what they started with the last season set not being announced yet. Lastly at one point the Disney Afternoon was very popular and to my point underrated.
Doesn't Disney remember what the core audience of the Disney Afternoon was come on college students are buying the set so they can share with their children.

First Gargoyles now the rest of the Disney Afternoon shows.

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:18 pm 
Gold Collection

Anybody in charge of this site know why Gummi Bears Vol. 2 and Rescue Rangers Vol. 3 are on the Disney release schedule on this site?
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/comingsoon.html
Is it more wishful thinking or was there some evidence that they were/are going to get a release someday soon?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:48 pm 
Platinum Edition

Ioz wrote:
Anybody in charge of this site know why Gummi Bears Vol. 2 and Rescue Rangers Vol. 3 are on the Disney release schedule on this site?
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/comingsoon.html
Is it more wishful thinking or was there some evidence that they were/are going to get a release someday soon?

This site is the same as this forum, and given the fact that Luke runs both...

Anyway, it's not "wishful thinking" but more of "expected to come even though Disney hasn't announced it yet".

Albert

WIST #56:
Aaron: With Mary Poppins and Pete's Dragon on Blu-ray, Bedknobs & Broomsticks seems like a given. Come on, Disney! They could even call it the Naboom-Blu Edition!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:15 pm 
Gold Collection

If there were any November releases this year, there would have been something on tvshowsondvd.com by now. Things aren't looking good for these shows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:52 pm 
Gold Collection

Maybe I'm just being hopeful...
But with the announcement that ToonDisney is going to a different format and name, I think we may start seeing this sets again.

We didn't get the treasures until Vault Disney was gone, I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:46 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

skippy wrote:
But with the announcement that ToonDisney is going to a different format and name, I think we may start seeing this sets again.

Treasures debuted December 2001, Vault Disney ended September 2002. In a perfect world we would have had both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:20 pm 
Gold Collection

Flanger-Hanger wrote:
skippy wrote:

Treasures debuted December 2001, Vault Disney ended September 2002. In a perfect world we would have had both.

You all are soo lukcy. We only have 14 eps of both Rescue Rangers AND Ducktales, not even in chronological order. And we only have 4 Walt Disney Treasures. Mickey in living collor 1 & 2, The Chronological Donald 1, and the silly simphony's. I live in the netherlands, and Disney always seems to forget us, when it comes to these kind of releases.. I want MORE than 14 Ducktales EPS :x :x :x :x :x :x

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next