DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:28 pm 
Platinum Edition

Quote:
Kingdom Hearts 3, the 10th installment in the Kingdom Hearts series and the final game in its current storyline, will launch for PlayStation 4, Square Enix announced today during Sony's E3 press conference.

Tetsuya Nomura acknowledged Kingdom Hearts 3 was in development shortly after the release of 2010 PlayStation Portable title Kingdom Heats: Birth by Sleep.

The first Kingdom Hearts launched in 2002 for PlayStation 2. The games focus on a young boy named Sora, Mickey Mouse and their friends as they travel through worlds that mashup elements and characters from Final Fantasy games and classic Disney films.

The series' games, both numbered installments and spin-off games contributing to the series' branching storyline, have also been released on Nintendo DS and 3DS as well as PlayStation Portable. The latest title, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, launched last summer for the 3DS and set up the plot for the final game.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/10/441682 ... arts-3-ps4

At some point I'll probably get the PS4 through a rental service like Aaron's. I know in the long run it's more expensive but I don't have the money to pay $500 upfront. I will definitely pick one up one way or another in 2014 or when Kingdom Hearts 3 has a more set in stone release date.

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:45 pm 
Limited Edition

disneyboy20022 wrote:
Quote:
Kingdom Hearts 3, the 10th installment in the Kingdom Hearts series and the final game in its current storyline, will launch for PlayStation 4, Square Enix announced today during Sony's E3 press conference.

Tetsuya Nomura acknowledged Kingdom Hearts 3 was in development shortly after the release of 2010 PlayStation Portable title Kingdom Heats: Birth by Sleep.

The first Kingdom Hearts launched in 2002 for PlayStation 2. The games focus on a young boy named Sora, Mickey Mouse and their friends as they travel through worlds that mashup elements and characters from Final Fantasy games and classic Disney films.

The series' games, both numbered installments and spin-off games contributing to the series' branching storyline, have also been released on Nintendo DS and 3DS as well as PlayStation Portable. The latest title, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, launched last summer for the 3DS and set up the plot for the final game.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/10/441682 ... arts-3-ps4

At some point I'll probably get the PS4 through a rental service like Aaron's. I know in the long run it's more expensive but I don't have the money to pay $500 upfront. I will definitely pick one up one way or another in 2014 or when Kingdom Hearts 3 has a more set in stone release date.

It's about DAMN TIME!!!! Lets hope Frozen a'int in the game. We can't aford anymore delays! The game should be out in Japan months before it goes worldwide.

Last edited by DisneyEra on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:46 pm 
Collector's Edition

Location: New Zealand - Population: 60+ Million Sheep Origin: Unknown
I went and made another topic by mistake in Off Topic for KH3, but I deleted. :lol:

It'll be interesting to see more information. This will make a lot of people happy and sad.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:22 am 
Collector's Edition

I´ve never owned a PS so I can´t follow the series; although a friend once let me borrow one and I got to play quite a bit of the first time.

However, as ALWAYS Square knows how to squeeze a cow and make a mess out of the original idea.

I mean, there you have it: Kingdom Hearts 3 is the 10th installment! :o :o :o The number 10 game in the series and the story didn´t continue up until now! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

How can that make any sense?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:26 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Honestly, I'm a little mixed about this. On the positive side, I'm like, 'Yes! Finally! Thank you, Square Enix!'

On the negative side, I'm like, 'PS4?! Oh, come on, Disney and Square! That's not fair!'

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:34 am 
Limited Edition

disneyboy20022 wrote:

Good, cause it costs $100 less ;)

DC Fan wrote:
I´ve never owned a PS so I can´t follow the series; although a friend once let me borrow one and I got to play quite a bit of the first time.

However, as ALWAYS Square knows how to squeeze a cow and make a mess out of the original idea.

I mean, there you have it: Kingdom Hearts 3 is the 10th installment! :o :o :o The number 10 game in the series and the story didn´t continue up until now! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

How can that make any sense?

8th installment. How can you know that "the story didn't continue up until now" if you have never played the games?

DisneyJedi wrote:
Honestly, I'm a little mixed about this. On the positive side, I'm like, 'Yes! Finally! Thank you, Square Enix!'

On the negative side, I'm like, 'PS4?! Oh, come on, Disney and Square! That's not fair!'

Oh, come on, explain why it isn't...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:42 am 
Platinum Edition

I'm going to try to pre-order it the first thing in July Through Gamestop because I don't have money right now to pre-order it. Hopefully they'll have some slots left, even if it it's just a bundle. Then every month I'll put $100 into the pre-order. I figure in 4 months I'll have it. Heck I might do a bundle since I'm saving up and all.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:48 am 
Limited Edition

disneyboy20022 wrote:
I'm going to try to pre-order it the first thing in July Through Gamestop because I don't have money right now to pre-order it. Hopefully they'll have some slots left, even if it it's just a bundle. Then every month I'll put $100 into the pre-order. I figure in 4 months I'll have it. Heck I might do a bundle since I'm saving up and all.

I hope you aren't stupid enough to do this if you are only interested in KH3. If that's the case, buy the console when KH3 launches in a few years. You'd be spending cash for no reason otherwise.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:30 am 
Platinum Edition

Lnds500 wrote:
disneyboy20022 wrote:

I hope you aren't stupid enough to do this if you are only interested in KH3. If that's the case, buy the console when KH3 launches in a few years. You'd be spending cash for no reason otherwise.

Not only for Kingdom Hearts at all. I'm not that crazy. There are other games that are coming out that look great too. One factor is the price is one reason I'm more tempted to get it. It's cheaper than the PS3 was at launch. Two the graphics look great and I love the look of the whole system. Also there are going to be some great games that are coming out for this. Also the hardware on it and the features are amazing. The GB is 500 while my PS3 only has 20GB. However I don't regret not getting my 20GB PS3 since it's backwards compatible, so I'll be hanging onto it and won't be traind it in towards this PS4.

The price is one of the major factors that I'm tempted to get it. If I save up in July I can easily buy it by it's launch and pre-order it next month.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:34 am 
Limited Edition

disneyboy20022 wrote:
Lnds500 wrote:
disneyboy20022 wrote:

Not only for Kingdom Hearts at all. I'm not that crazy. There are other games that are coming out that look great too. One factor is the price is one reason I'm more tempted to get it. It's cheaper than the PS3 was at launch. Two the graphics look great and I love the look of the whole system. Also there are going to be some great games that are coming out for this. Also the hardware on it and the features are amazing. The GB is 500 while my PS3 only has 20GB. However I don't regret not getting my 20GB PS3 since it's backwards compatible, so I'll be hanging onto it and won't be traind it in towards this PS4.

The price is one of the major factors that I'm tempted to get it. If I save up in July I can easily buy it by it's launch and pre-order it next month.

Yeah, I am also considering it. I bought my PS3 Slim for 300€ and I rarely buy first-gen device iterations but damn I'm tempted :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:41 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Lnds500 wrote:

DisneyJedi wrote:

Oh, come on, explain why it isn't...

'Cuz I've already been through Hell and back buying a Wii (by myself, getting it back in 2007 at 18), a PS3 (the first time in 2010 by splitting the costs with my brother and again last year in Florida) and a Wii U on a credit card I'm paying off.

Plus, placing KH3 on PS4 instead of PS3 feels like a giant middle finger in general.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:49 am 
Limited Edition

DisneyJedi wrote:
'Cuz I've already been through Hell and back buying a Wii (by myself, getting it back in 2007 at 18), a PS3 (the first time in 2010 by splitting the costs with my brother and again last year in Florida) and a Wii U on a credit card I'm paying off.

Plus, placing KH3 on PS4 instead of PS3 feels like a giant middle finger in general.

You are right. Square should have asked you which console you preferred and put it on that one.

It's extremely funny that people believe Square owes them KH3 for the PS3, which was outdated tech even before we got the trailer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:54 am 
Platinum Edition

gamestop isn't going to have pre-orders left by July so I'm going to do a pawn and then pre order it today

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:34 pm 
Platinum Edition

Apparently it's available for Pre-order on Amazon. It does note that it's a placeholder price and place and they are both incorrect.

http://www.amazon.com/Kingdom-Hearts-II ... m+hearts+3
i
Also I just did a Pawn to pay for the pre-order which was $100. Next month instead of paying on the PS4 I'll get the pawn out then in August September and October I'll put $100 down each month and then it will be paid for. I'll probably end up picking up a game for the PS4 Also at it's launch.

HUGE NEWS EDIT BIG TIME NEW EDIT

Did I mention this is a big time new edit that's breaking news caliber? :P

Apparently Kingdom Hearts 3 will also be on the Xbox One

Quote:
After tons of FINAL FANTASY announcements, the CEO of Disney Interactive John Pleasants came on stage with new Square Enix CEO Matsuda to discuss KH3. They announced that in this game, Sora will finally be more mature, with Donald, Goofy and Mickey being featured along with new Disney worlds. It was also made clear that the Osaka team, responsible for Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance, is developing the game.

Following this, they announced that KH3 will also be arriving on the Xbox One, alongside the PS4. There will apparently be no plans to make other KINGDOM HEARTS titles available for Xbox platforms, meaning that the HD collections will most likely stay PS3 exclusive.

Producer Shinji Hashimoto was next up on stage and wanted to clarify matters with PS4 fans, adding that this is the first time they've revealed a game for multiplatform, rather than later announcing it. "Please understand" he added. Asked about a potential Wii U port and Pixar worlds, he couldn't comment anything about that.

Finally we got story details for KH3, confirming that it will be all about the clash between Master Xehanort and the guardians of light: "Believing light and darkness must remain in balance, Master Xehanort seeks to spark war against the tyranny of light to restore equilibrium. In an effort to undermine Xehanort's plot, Sora, Donald and Goofy search for seven guardians of light and the Key to Return Hearts, while King Mickey and Riku search for previous Keyblade wielders. KINGDOM HEARTS III features a mature Sora as the main protagonist who sets forth on an adventure with Mickey, Donald and Goofy through new and legendary Disney worlds. KINGDOM HEARTS III will make full use of next generation console technologies to showcase a stunning universe packed full of worlds based on Disney properties."

http://www.khinsider.com/news/KINGDOM-H ... event-3324

EDIT AGAIN LOL

The HD 1080P version of the trailer has surfaced

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PpxGzE_ ... r_embedded

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:46 pm 
Platinum Edition

Quote:
Tetsuya Nomura was just being interviewed in the Square Enix Presents Live broadcast, about everything regarding about the KH series, including KINGDOM HEARTS III for the PS4 and Xbox One, along with other titles. We wrote a summary of what transpired:

First he was asked about the origins of the 'Kingdom Hearts' name and the series. Nomura explained (via translator) that the origins of the name lies in that they wanted to name it something close to the Animal 'Kingdom', but obviously that wasn't possible so they eventually decided to put in the name 'Heart' in the title and that's how they got the name 'KINGDOM HEARTS' for the whole series.

Then Nomura was asked about the HD remaster. He replied that the original data for the first KINGDOM HEARTS title was lost, so they had to resort to recreating a lot of its assets, based on scraps of information they could find. It was hard work, according to Nomura, but the final product turned out good enough in his mind.

Nomura continued about FINAL MIX and his intentions towards bringing it to the rest of the world. Eventually he could do so, but he didn't want to make too many titles on their own, so including at least two titles and a 'movie' in one package was, according to him, a good idea.

Then Nomura was asked about his favorite character in the series, and surprisingly he responded with Master Xehanort and his various incarnations, mentioning Ansem Seeker of Darkness from KH1 as his special favorite.

Asked about worlds in the KH series, Nomura mentioned Jungle Book and that they have numerous times tried to implement it in a number of games, but each time it gets cut, much to his dismay.

Regarding the worlds in KH3, Nomura wishes to have some "stable" worlds for story purposes, along with some surprising ones. He actually wants to implement a number of surprising worlds this time to KH3, so we should definitely anticipate them.

Next he's asked about the battle system in the game. He said that the KH1 and KH2 battle systems are "core" battle-systems, so he would like to evolve the KH3 battle system based on that. The battle systems in the "spin-off" titles might be lightly implemented as well, but we'll have to wait and see.

Nomura was then asked about potential FINAL FANTASY characters, and whether we might be able to play as King Mickey. He answered that KH3 will most likely include FF characters again, since they were absent in previous entries. Regarding Mickey, he will take it under consideration, though he wanted to clarify that Sora will of course be the main character.

Then he was asked about multiplayer in KH3, and Nomura said that next gen hardware had good online functions, so he will take that under consideration, but we will learn more at a later time.

Regarding summoning characters, Nomura said that in previous KH titles, we could summon Disney characters, but this will be different in KH3. He didn't say more on this subject though.

About the Organization and nobodies, we will definitely see more of the Organization, since Master Xehanort is behind it, but this will not necessarily be the end of nobodies. Meaning that we will see more of them in the future.

He was then asked if we would see the actual Kingdom Hearts in KH3, and he answered: "I think it will appear". Interesting.

Then suddenly Nomura said he remembered what he wanted to add, in regards to the worlds in KH3. For KINGDOM HEARTS III, if you noticed in the trailer, there are high quality shaders being used and the description of characters has changed. The textures for models have thus changed in order to make them better realized for the next generation hardware. In KINGDOM HEARTS III, they will change the shaders depending on the worlds.

The interview then continues about FINAL FANTASY XV, but as Nomura finished discussing XV, he said that when making both KH3 and XV, he's focusing on developing with DirectX 11 in mind, and not necessarily for a single platform.

http://www.khinsider.com/news/KINGDOM-H ... rview-3326

I'd love to see The Jungle Book in Kingdom Hearts, however would they be able to include King Louie as I thought there was a lawsuit that Disney Couldn't use him to imitate the voice actor from the original movie or something, hence why he wasn't in The Jungle Book 2 Anybody know?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:40 pm 
Special Edition

Considering the use of King Louie with Jim Cummings's voice in the new Disneyland show "Mickey and the Magical Map", I think the Louie issue has been resolved

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:31 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Personally, I think that whole whatever thing barring Jim from voicing Louie for God knows how long is downright absurd. It's like if I demanded no one do a voice imitation of Dom DeLuise.

Not that I would.

In terms of KH3's worlds, I'd like to see Pocahontas, The Great Mouse Detective, Oliver & Company, The Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph and even The Black Cauldron.

Come on, Black Cauldron practically is begging to appear in a Kingdom Hearts game!

As for summons, I'm hoping for possibly Elliott (Pete's Dragon), Louis the Alligator (if not PatF appearing as a world, at least let him appear as a summon) Bolt and maybe even Kenai. I dunno, a majority of KH's summons have been animal characters. So... Yeah.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:34 pm 
Limited Edition

OH GOODIE! :mickana:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:00 pm 
Platinum Edition

I think we might see more Pirates in it. Also perhaps Lilo & Stich more into the Lilo section since we've seen Stitch

I wouldn't be suprised if we see Treasure Planet also. That in my opinion would work great in this. Also Atlantis the Lost Empire. I also want to see Emperor's New Groove as Yzma would fit perfectly into the Kingdom Hearts story.

I like the idea of Great Mouse Detective to see Ratigan turn into a huge boss. Same for Black Cauldron and that would fit in this because we are seeing an older more mature Sora

Also the footage we saw could be close to the in game stuff. Remember when Dream Drop Distance came out and the falling Soras came and people that it was just some special made footage and wouldn't be part of the game though this is kinda different

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Honestly... I would much prefer that ENG isn't in it, because Earth Kitt is the only one who can do Yzma's character any justice. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next