DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:09 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 9239
At the Expo Disney 2015 in São Paulo, Disney Brazil announced that the next Diamond Editions will be Beauty and the Beast and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, both in 2016 and in that order. Evidently, Pinocchio won't be the next Diamond after all. :scratch:

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:41 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:28 pm
Posts: 2131
Sotiris wrote:
At the Expo Disney 2015 in São Paulo, Disney Brazil announced that the next Diamond Editions will be Beauty and the Beast and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, both in 2016 and in that order. Evidently, Pinocchio won't be the next Diamond after all. :scratch:

That's quite odd, indeed. They've already been released in the Diamond Edition.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:31 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 12:22 pm
Posts: 907
Location: Under the Sea
They should change the name of the collection… :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:13 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:33 pm
Posts: 1650
Location: New Jersey, USA
bruno_wbt wrote:
They should change the name of the collection… :roll:


Yeah, to the "Cash-In Collection" :lol: :lol: :lol: rotfl

_________________
Check Out My Disney Music Videos now in HQ! :mickeyface:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:39 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 671
Location: UK
Interesting news that they are skipping Pinocchio and releasing Beauty and the Beast and Snow White again. It is probably right to assume they won't be 'diamond editions'. It will be a new name that we will all know deep down means nothing but at the same time we will all want these new shiny editions that offer us less than last time because Disney collecting = deeply unrewarding.
I guess that means they'll release Pinocchio as standard all year round disc in the US and that will be that.

I'm eager to find out more details about BatB/SW re-releases as time gets closer. Unless it is a no new bonus features area, I will seriously struggle not to re-buy. I'll certainly import Aladdin Diamond as the bonus features actually sound like they haven't been half-arsed.

It is a huge shame that there has been no Black Cauldron announcement at all. Its not one I watch but I'd still give Disney cold hard cash for it.

_________________
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:53 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 5:31 pm
Posts: 27
Where did you read that Pinocchio won't have a Diamond Edition?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:59 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 671
Location: UK
Hardbackyoyo wrote:
Where did you read that Pinocchio won't have a Diamond Edition?


Sotiris wrote:
At the Expo Disney 2015 in São Paulo, Disney Brazil announced that the next Diamond Editions will be Beauty and the Beast and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, both in 2016 and in that order. Evidently, Pinocchio won't be the next Diamond after all. :scratch:

_________________
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:23 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 1102
Location: Athens, Greece
MeerkatKombat wrote:
Hardbackyoyo wrote:
Where did you read that Pinocchio won't have a Diamond Edition?


Sotiris wrote:
At the Expo Disney 2015 in São Paulo, Disney Brazil announced that the next Diamond Editions will be Beauty and the Beast and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, both in 2016 and in that order. Evidently, Pinocchio won't be the next Diamond after all. :scratch:



BatB, Snow White Diamond editions?? :? :? What is happening?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:07 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 8498
Location: North Carolina Gender: Male
I wonder how long it'll be before Frozen joins the Diamond Line (at the end of the next go-round of that line now that SW & B&tB are coming out again, maybe?). Of course, it's kind of a meaningless distinction since they don't really do bonus features anymore.

_________________
Image
VOTE in Hurt or Heal: STUDIO GHIBLI!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:00 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:28 pm
Posts: 2131
Disney's Divinity wrote:
I wonder how long it'll be before Frozen joins the Diamond Line (at the end of the next go-round of that line now that SW & B&tB are coming out again, maybe?). Of course, it's kind of a meaningless distinction since they don't really do bonus features anymore.

Sighs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:08 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 1102
Location: Athens, Greece
Is there any truth about Pinocchio DIamond coming in early 2016?

And was there a rumour about a BatB re-release (coming from Brazil I believe)?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:13 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 1102
Location: Athens, Greece
Is there any truth about Pinocchio DIamond coming in early 2016?

And was there a rumour about a BatB re-release (coming from Brazil I believe)?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:52 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:36 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Paris, France
Lnds500 wrote:
Is there any truth about Pinocchio DIamond coming in early 2016?

And was there a rumour about a BatB re-release (coming from Brazil I believe)?


Well, we'll find out about this quite soon now: no later than October 13th.
Really, releasing BatB next year would make no sense at all.
It's by far a better idea to release it in 2017 at the same time as the BatB live action movie.
Besides, this way, "Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs" could be the first traditional animation movie to get released on 4K Blu-ray in the late 2016, which could be a good choice to introduce the new wave of Disney Movies on 4k support.


Last edited by Clindor on Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:52 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 242
Lnds500 wrote:
Is there any truth about Pinocchio DIamond coming in early 2016?

And was there a rumour about a BatB re-release (coming from Brazil I believe)?


Pinocchio is really just a guess, there hasn't been any proof towards its coming.

There was a rumour from a Disney expo at Brazil that Beauty and the Beast would be coming next followed by Snow White, both in 2016 as diamond editions.

Hopefully when Aladdin is released, there will be an insert on the next movie in the diamond line (or whatever the next line is). I think they still do that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:54 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 242
Clindor wrote:
Well, we'll find out about this quite soon now: no later than October 13th.
Really, releasing BatB next year would make no sense at all.
It's by far a better idea to release it in 2017 at the same time as the BatB live action movie.
Besides, this way, "Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs" could be the first traditional animation movie to get released on 4K Blu-ray in the late 2016, which could be a good choice to introduce the new wave of Disney Movies on 4k support.


Then again, Disney has made some strange choices in the past. The Jungle Book would have made more sense to be released in the spring of 2016 for the live-action movie. Cinderella really should have been released this year...it would have given them more time to properly restore it considering how they recognized that the Cinderella restoration is botched up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:09 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:36 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Paris, France
JeanGreyForever wrote:
Clindor wrote:
Well, we'll find out about this quite soon now: no later than October 13th.
Really, releasing BatB next year would make no sense at all.
It's by far a better idea to release it in 2017 at the same time as the BatB live action movie.
Besides, this way, "Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs" could be the first traditional animation movie to get released on 4K Blu-ray in the late 2016, which could be a good choice to introduce the new wave of Disney Movies on 4k support.


Then again, Disney has made some strange choices in the past. The Jungle Book would have made more sense to be released in the spring of 2016 for the live-action movie. Cinderella really should have been released this year...it would have given them more time to properly restore it considering how they recognized that the Cinderella restoration is botched up.


There can be no comparison. Because, regarding the cases you specified, the periods of time between the release of the live-action movie in theaters and the scheduled release of the 2D original movie concerned by the moratorium on video support were far too long (more than one year) to get synchronized.

Besides "Pinocchio" was released for the last time almost 2 years before "Beauty and the Beast" did, so it is logically the next.

Also, "Beauty and the Beast" already has its Diamond edition, but "Pinocchio" hasn't.


Last edited by Clindor on Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:15 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:36 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Paris, France
They might schedule something like this:

- Spring 2016: Pinocchio
- Fall 2016: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Spring 2017: Fantasia + Fantasia 2000
- Fall 2017: Beauty and the Beast
- Spring 2018: Bambi
...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:52 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 9239
Lnds500 wrote:
Is there any truth about Pinocchio Diamond coming in early 2016.

There's no indication that's happening other than it's the only Platinum left that hasn't gotten a Diamond release.

Lnds500 wrote:
And was there a rumour about a BatB re-release (coming from Brazil I believe)?

According to Disney Brazil, the next Diamonds (or whatever they'll end up calling them) are Beauty and the Beast and Snow White.

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:40 am 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 12:22 pm
Posts: 907
Location: Under the Sea
Sotiris wrote:
According to Disney Brazil, the next Diamonds (or whatever they'll end up calling them) are Beauty and the Beast and Snow White.



There's a Snow White Read-Along book coming this February. This kind of book usually comes out around the Diamond Edition release date (They did that with Aladdin, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, etc.)

Image

http://www.amazon.com/White-Seven-Dwarf ... ite+disney


If the new edition of Snow White comes out this February, then I think that Beauty and the Beast should come out next, to tie-in with the live action movie.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:29 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 9239
bruno_wbt wrote:
There's a Snow White Read-Along book coming this February. This kind of book usually comes out around the Diamond Edition release date (They did that with Aladdin, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, etc.) If the new edition of Snow White comes out this February, then I think that Beauty and the Beast should come out next, to tie-in with the live action movie.

That certainly makes sense. I still don't get why they're skipping Pinocchio though.

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group