Big Hero 6

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Re: Big Hero 6

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

Is this making fun of the absolutely useless Cinderella teaser?
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

rs_milo_whatever wrote:Is this making fun of the absolutely useless Cinderella teaser?
It's probably foreshadowing the useless Big Hero 6 teaser we're gonna get.
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Prince Kido
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Prince Kido »

First article and first official pics of "Big Hero 6" featuring Hiro and Baymax !! ;)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movi ... k/9097333/

Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

Baymax is adorable! Hiro looks okay I guess. I want to see the girls!
LADY Image CLUCK
Tangled
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tangled »

Cue all of the people on Tumblr who are already going to say that Hiro "doesn't look Japanese enough" or is "white passing". :shifty:

No, really, though, Baymax looks adorable. I love the simplicity of his design. I do hope that the teaser trailer is more than just Hiro putting armor on Baymax, but I highly doubt it.
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

I agree, the teaser will likely be from that scene. It should be fun to see.

I wonder if people will say Disney copied The Iron Giant. It seems like there will be some parallels with their relationship.
LADY Image CLUCK
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

I'm disappointed by Hiro's design. It looks very generic and uninspired. I really hope it's just the angle or the distortion from his expression at fault and that he looks more appealing in the final product.
Tangled wrote:Cue all of the people on Tumblr who are already going to say that Hiro "doesn't look Japanese enough" or is "white passing".
Can you blame them though? In that image, Hiro doesn't look Asian at all.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Prince Kido
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Prince Kido »

I guess the pic with Hiro shows a distortion of his facial expression regarding the refs I have.
Hiro has a bit less wide-open eyes but he is not "only" japanese... ;)
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

While the voice cast won't be announced till later in the summer, the first Big Hero 6 teaser is released online Thursday introducing 14-year-old teenage prodigy Hiro Hamada and the compassionate nurse robot Baymax.
COME ON, DISNEY!!!!! :angry: How long is it going to take to announce a voice cast?!

This must be the teaser. Bay looks adorable, but Hiro looks Hispanic. :| I hope he looks more Asian in the movie.
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

I love the perfect mix of american and japanese looks. It is set in San Fransokyo after all, so of course it has to be a blend! There are distinct anime features to elements of his design. Looks very very good to me, can't wait to see the teaser!
qindarka
Special Edition

Post by qindarka »

Prince Kido wrote: Hiro has a bit less wide-open eyes but he is not "only" japanese... ;)
Eh? One of his parents is not Japanese then?
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

FINALLY, some images! So that's how he upgrades Baymax. And Hiro keeps the "hoodie" trend going along with Jack Frost "RotG", Mary Katherine "Epic" and Rihanna's character in Dreamworks "Home". I hope in the teaser they show the other 4 members, but won't hold my breathe.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

The inevitable cultural/racial critique for this movie feels much more justified than that of Frozen. There's really no good reason to change the story's setting from Tokyo, a unique and rich landscape that has never been portrayed on film by Disney before, to the fictional city of San Fransokyo, a questionable, borderline kitsch blend of American and Asian culture. Putting Torii on the Golden Gate Bridge feels like a clumsy bastardization of culture rather than a believable landscape where Eastern and Western influences are subtly and organically integrated. There's nothing iconic or distinctive about San Francisco besides the Golden Gate Bridge anyway to even artistically justify such a change.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

DisneyEra wrote:I hope in the teaser they show the other 4 members, but won't hold my breathe.
Sadly, no: The article says this is the teaser. :(
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

DisneyEra wrote:I hope in the teaser they show the other 4 members, but won't hold my breathe.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

Hiro looks kinda strange in my eyes...Less Disney and more "Dreamworks", he looks like a dark haired Hiccup.

I wanted to see the whole group at this point, what is it with Disney and this movie? They're giving it so little attention and promotion when last year they kept spilling and spilling things about Frozen.
Last edited by thedisneyspirit on Tue May 20, 2014 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

disneyprincess11 wrote:
That's what I thought. Still, I hope this isn't all we get til July's Comic Con. Cause the 1st official trailer souldn't be out til late August/early September, which will start the 2 month marketing blitz.
qindarka
Special Edition

Post by qindarka »

thedisneyspirit wrote:
I wanted to see the whole group at this point, what is it with Disney and this movie? They're giving it so little attention and promotion when last year they kept spilling and spilling things about Frozen.
Weren't there so many complaints this time last year about the lack of promotion for Frozen? We did have more info about the voice actors, I guess.
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

thedisneyspirit wrote:Hiro looks kinda strange in my eyes...Less Disney and more "Dreamworks", he looks like a dark haired Hiccup.
My first thought was that Hiro looked a little dreamworks-ey. He definitely doesn't look Asian.
I do wish Disney didn't have a thing with massive eyes.

I want to cuddle naked Baymax. Or eat him like a giant delicious marshmallow. I'm not sure which.
Only me getting a Michelin man vibe from him?

Baymax is less lumpy.
Attachments
mm.jpg
mm.jpg (28.25 KiB) Viewed 3384 times
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Toky »

Don't like the look of it, and I think I will even skip this one, sadly to say..

Can see why Disney is trying to reinvent itself, but i just can't imagine these characters walking alongside mickey, cinderella or others. Kinda think Hiro looks ordinary, while a disney-character should never look ordinary.